Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I believe she thinks in the moment he was not intending to kill, only to shoot them. And, most importantly, she feels he did not intend to kill Reeva.

so Masipa is saying that Oscar , alone among his peers, and really, alone among the vast majority of shooters worldwide has the capacity to know exactly the amount of damage his well aimed shot will cause, and knows exactly where to shoot to merely maim and not kill?? this is your proposition?? yet, oddly, in this instance, Oscar fired enough shots, aimed precisely , so that every one of those shots was a killer..

Yes - and these same legal experts on SA law (including Judge Greenland) have been who have informed us (as well as SA case law) as we've examined the evidence during this trial.

We didn't come to our conclusions because we hate OP or because we wanted to celebrate the fall of a "hero" or because we "lack empathy" or don't "understand human behavior".

EXACTLY! Took the words right out of my mouth. And admitedly I'm too furious with some of these statements we've had over the last year and a half that I'd struggle to put it into words.....

I have always said that it was Dolus Eventualis, I was beginning to be swayed towards Dolus Directus but never completely... I am still in shock that he got off with Eventualis... it was cut and dried as far as I was concerned. I still don't know how it could have been argued otherwise!

I can't believe that he will get off scott free... I actually feel physically sick that this could have happened. I can't even begin to understand how Reeva's family feel, they must think that money was believed to be more important than justice after all!

Did this entire case, this “star” defendant - all global eyes zeroed in on South Africa - simply overwhelm Masipa?

Did the complexity and length of this trial fry all her common sense brain cells?!

Had she already "made up her mind" (wink) even BEFORE the trial started?

Perhaps that explains why she was so uncommonly QUIET and PASSIVE the entire time?

Honestly, except for a couple of rulings (like the psych eval), had she been absent and never sat in that chair, the entire trial would have proceeded just fine without her. L

Hi everyone! Let me start by saying that I have absolutely no knowledge about SA law. That said: Is there any chance of a different outcome If it can be proven somehow that the law was applied wrongfully? *stillcrossingmyfingers*

I shut it off. Am numb. Even if he gets CH, she decides the sentence. I won't be anything.

Something is seriously wrong here. I mean, maybe she has early onset alzheimer's. Can a judge be overturned because of incompetence or anything?

If Nel appeals and wins can there be a new trial?

rofl, literally EVERY legal expert is against Masipa on this, and quite strongly.

OK, I'll say it.

Do you think they got to Masipa like they got to Frank?

Wonder what the delay is all about.

"Oh, bugger...I was reading the wrong judgement"?

:)

There she was having her lunch when suddenly a man approaches "My Lady, i need to talk to you, my name is Frank .......

Even if she has realised interpretation of eventualis may have been wrong, she surely can't back-peddle now without the case being thrown out for a new judge.

She had a month to consider the evidence and her position on it.

Stephanie Findlay
VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png
@SJFindlay
RetweetIcon.gif
Retweeted by
twitter_bird.png
Gerrie Nel looks grumpy as he returns to the courtroom with a book under his arm, leaves the room with

Didn't catch the professors name on Oscar radio, but they are saying that he has said that the judge has made a mistake in her interpretation of the law, especially surrounding that he couldn't perceive he could kill the person behind the door.

I had to snort a bit at the brother Carl being wheeled into the courtroom , both legs broken... the last 'car accident' he was in he killed a woman , and got off... I expect I 'll see Oscar wheeled into a court room some time in the future, .. some woman having taken a pop at him with Glock loaded up with black talons..

That family is a train wreck! It's good to see you, Trooper :)

There are experts in this forum. Some believe he's guilty others believe the judge got it right.

BIB, well exactly .. so you've just shot yourself in the foot there, with what you previously said.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 31s
OscarTrial Nel just approached Roux before the pair went back to chambers. BB

Also unfortunate for Masipa, she got into law with a strong motive to champion the plight of women in law, this case being revolved around a woman being killed and this ruling
really feels like a set back for her professionally and publicly.

I've seen and heard all the same evidence and conclude he was not guilty as charged of premeditated, 1st degree murder. IMO, it was an accident which happened in spur of the moment. I don't understand yet what is left for him to be judged on. Should understand soon the upcoming level of guilt/innocence.

I have the utmost sympathy for Reva's Family and loved ones. Nothing could ever happen to give them peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper