Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the way she realised that while Johnson/Burger took 4-5 mins and Mr Nhlengethwa around the same, the timeline left the Stipps hearing what they genuinely thought were a woman's "terrified" and "petrified" screams, of someone "in fear of her life" and "out of her mind with fear" for 13 minutes BEFORE calling for help. A scenario that would leave the Stipps as not very nice people imo, so it was imo clear that there had to be an error in their timings.

Masipa says the text messages from either side proves nothing, cannot help the court - relationships are fickle.

J: Partially digested food.....this argument loses sight of the following;

And goes on to say how the evidence of gastric emptying cannot be trusted

Masipa rejects everything, I don't understand anything anymore

Masipa may be an advocate for women who are obvious victims of domestic violence but I can tell you that if she wasn't pressured into this nonsense, she has no CLUE what domestic violence involves.

Now, I'm getting angry .... on Reeva's behalf AND her family and loved ones.

J: There is no evidence peter Baba heard anything untoward ( when he was patrolling)

Oh, well, lucky old Oscar, and at least we now know we can pump bullets into people with impunity here in South Africa now, without worrying too much about the long term consequences!

State's reasons for premeditation aren't conclusive - many reasons Reeva could have had her phone in the toilet; the whatsapp messages dont prove anything or assist the court in determining intention; partially digested food doesnt prove anything - it's inconclusive - and even if state's version is accepted, you cannot draw the inference that the two were arguing; Van der Merwe didn't identify the voice as being related to an argument between OP and RS; and Baba checked the guard track at 2:20 and everything was fine.

Nothing is reliable, tangible or otherwise. geeeeeeesh

Masipa turns to the accused's evidence - to her mind most important because he's only one who can say what was going on there.

Oh, well, lucky old Oscar, and at least we now know we can pump bullets into people with impunity here in South Africa now, without worrying too much about the long term consequences!

She hasn't got to that yet. Just dealing with the very weak state case. People seem to forget he can be guilty of murder even if state primary case is rejected.

So forget the stomach contents, forget the neighbours testimonies, forget any of the messages ("Some times you scare me" etc)....
Some evidence is unreliable but somehow she can say for certain that the neighbours misheard the shouts, screaming, gunshots and cricketbat noises.

judge chooses baba account re: no argument at 2:20, over van der merwe account of argument... why?

Judge is now recounting OP's version; bringing fans in etc and blue LED light, 'He picked up jeans when he heard something like bathroom window opening...thought it was an intruder coming to attack him and deceased....he shouted more than once to intruders to get out....'

State witnesses aside, I've always found Pistorius' version completely preposterous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773