Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Suth I love how my tar heel neighbors talk. :)

Good morning, peeps, from Virginia! 3:30AM

Can't link. He's discussing it live on Oscar channel 199.

Clear IMO now that no acquittal. Only question is CH vs eventualis - I think she'll go for the latter. Don't forget the medical evidence which she put to one side and said she will come back to. Would be v surprised if that got him off the hook tho

OP is an omniscient truth-teller according to her view. Discount anything that may sway remotely from his account of how the events took place.

If Judge Greenland is happy, I'm happy. So far, m'lady is seeming appeal-proof imo. I'm a little worried that she's holding Dr. Voerster's GAD opinion in abeyance until later.

Pistorius told the court he did not think about pulling the trigger. He said he never thought of the possibility that he could kill somebody inside the toilet. If he had wanted to kill the perceived intruder, he would have fired higher, he told the court.

Masipa says that explanation is “inconsistent with someone who shot without thinking”.

She says she will return to this point later.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/sep/11/oscar-pistorius-verdict-trial-live

Masipa places more credence on security guard story that all was fine outside OP's house, than neighbour hearing argument.

WTF???????????????????

Lots of singing & noise outside court in support of Reeva with the NCA Womens League protest

She'll find him guilty of dolus eventualis imo. Plus the discharging of a firearm charges. He may still walk though.:sick:

This is kind of what I thought would happen, though: that she'd reject much of the state's case on reasonable doubt but still feel OP should be held accountable and punished for his carelessness and for taking an innocent life. As she should!

Exactly, and bravo for being able to be so succinct! :)

Masipa places more credence on security guard story that all was fine outside OP's house, than neighbour hearing argument.

WTF???????????????????

Makes sense. He was right there, they were not. The argument could have been coming from anywhere. When security drove by, he didn't hear an argument. It's just common sense.

Ulrich Roux @ulrichroux · 1m
Should Judge reject State argument of premeditated murder,she can still convict of Murder-dolus directus or eventualis.Wait&see

I don't think OP will be acquitted.

It's seems clear so far that My Lady doesn't believe OP's claim of firing accidentally or firing without intention.

Masipa on Oscar Pistorius; "his evidence is important. He is only one who can tell court what happened." But it never occurred to her that he might be lying???

yes. if she has a simple pared-down reasoning and removes all the grey areas, this also removes all the grounds for appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member