Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Roux and Nell are in chambers with MiLady ! ?

:thinking:

I actually feel physically sick that this could have happened. I can't even begin to understand how Reeva's family feel,

~rsbm~

BIB - absolutely, foxlady .. I was going to say that I just hope that they now sue him for every penny he has got (in order to help the domestic violence charity June has started in Reeva's name) but even that I'm not sure about, seeing as OP has been selling all his assets and has probably now moved all of his money out of the country to some place where it cannot be got hold of.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 1m

OscarTrial Roux and Nel are back in court. BB

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 43s

OscarTrial the orderly announces that proceedings will resume soon. BB

Originally Posted by vanatos

OJ Simpson.

Amanda Knox.

Pistorius.

Every single televised trial shows how corrupt or just plain stupid the justice system is, maybe i should stop hoping justice actually works.

you forgot Casey Anthony

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 12s

OscarTrial Masipa: moves on to deal with negligence - culpable homicide. BB

J: I now deal with negligence, culpable homicide cases...test of 'reasonable man'

"OK guys-let's put our heads together and figure out a way to get us all out of this mess..."

J: ...test for negligence objective but certain subjective factors may be applied...

Anyone listening to oscar radio - they just replayed the part where Masipa said she accepted as true and reliable that Oscar thought he was shooting an intruder and did not mean to shoot Reeva

JMO
There was 1 specific part of the trial that worried me with this judge. It was when OP was demonstrating something and he was taking his pants off I believe and the judge came out from behind the bench and we saw her limping over towards him I think. I think it was the first time some of us thought she may have connected with OP due to his disability and she may have a personal bias with him. I worried about this at the time and was only reading and didnt actually see it. I really think this part of the trial showed us something about the judges feelings towards OP that she had a personal connection of some sort. Which should be no part of judging a case.

I was just reading it as it happened and may have interpreted some things wrong.

The highest professor? What the heck does that mean? A judge is ruling. She knows the law. Folks might not like how she's ruling but to say she is getting the law wrong is frankly pathetic.

I am listening to Judge Greenland et al who have been in contact, during the lunch break, with Professor Tuson who they said was the highest legal Professor in South Africa. I am only repeating a comment made by lawyers. You seem to be struggling with that.

Judge saying that rules applied in 1933 don't have to be applied to current cases, re 'reasonableness.

JMO
There was 1 specific part of the trial that worried me with this judge. It was when OP was demonstrating something and he was taking his pants off I believe and the judge came out from behind the bench and we saw her limping over towards him I think. I think it was the first time some of us thought she may have connected with OP due to his disability and she may have a personal bias with him. I worried about this at the time and was only reading and didnt actually see it. I really think this part of the trial showed us something about the judges feelings towards OP that she had a personal connection of some sort. Which should be no part of judging a case.

Sorry, what?

No-one questioned this judge during the trial. People here were gleeful thinking of how this tough, fair judge would come down hard on OP. Now she hasn't suddenly she has been bought, or is biased? Please...

Lisa Salinger, I can't WAIT to read your write-up on all of this over at Juror13. Good luck with THAT!

To everyone else, Thanks for ALL you do here!

To bed!

Judge says you can take into account race, creed etc and that OP asked for disability to be taken into account, but: 'vulnerability in this country is not unique'

Oh dear, pantomime season again .. oh no I didn't, oh yes you did!

Good to see you back, MeeBee ;-)

You clearly misunderstood what I was saying.

I was saying out in the real world there are experts who feel OP would/should get CH. None of them were ever asked to come on these shows and express the converse. Ever. It's only one sided agreement all the time. That's just misleading. It's like FOX News.

~rsbm~

BIB - absolutely, foxlady .. I was going to say that I just hope that they now sue him for every penny he has got (in order to help the domestic violence charity June has started in Reeva's name) but even that I'm not sure about, seeing as OP has been selling all his assets and has probably now moved all of his money out of the country to some place where it cannot be got hold of.

Its no secret where hes money went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members