Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't see how Masipa could have accepted PPD when it was abundantly clear from the evidence of Sean Rens that OP knew it was unlawful to shoot in those circumstances. As far as I can see, the requirements for PPD were not met, so I don't follow the reasoning in the Daily Maverick article that he intended to kill but not to kill unlawfully. Anyway, I don't think that that was what Masipa was saying: Masipa seems to have found that OP intended to shoot, but not to kill. But how does that finding sit well with the fact that you can be found guilty of dolus eventualis for dangerous driving?

http://www.timeslive.co.za/opinion/2014/09/12/jub-jub-and-the-pistorius-judgement

The Pistorius family must now deal with the monster they’ve created.

This is just the beginning of their miseries.

Hopefully, Karma will intervene in a dramatic way before Oscar can ever savage anyone else.

Thank you, very interesting information from Samantha Taylor. What I can't help but wonder...WHY didn't Nel use this in his case? Surely OP bullying a previous girlfriend would be important to the case. This is extreme damaging information. Puzzled why it wasn't used...).

Because its entirely bogus and ridiculous? If Jodi Arias reads her tabloids and sees that story I bet she'll wish her imagination was as good. It always astonishes me how low some folks will go for 5 minutes of lurid fame and a few handfuls of soiled dollars.

Has anybody seen any of the legal pundits discuss that example that Masipa gave of "if the accused woke up with a silhouette hovering beside the bed and in a fit of panic shot the silhouette, that would be reasonable and even acceptable". I would really love to read legal commentary on that doozie!

Sky just said a close friend of Reeva is going to talk about the verdict in a few minutes.

Would that be Gina Myers?
Kirsty Bisset - never heard of her,but she seems very nice- shame it wasn't Gina Myers , she walked out of Court in absolute tears according to Alex Crawford, Sky Reporter.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...orius-millions-cleared-murder-Reeva-Steenkamp

"Oscar Pistorius to make millions after being cleared of murdering Reeva Steenkamp

OSCAR Pistorius is set to rake in millions from book and TV deals after being sensationally cleared of murdering girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp."

What a surprise ..

Does SA not have any restrictions on criminals profiting from activities such as writing autobiographies, or other writings in which their crimes are described, or from selling their stories to newspapers or magazines. I believe such restrictions are in place in the UK.

Has anybody seen any of the legal pundits discuss that example that Masipa gave of "if the accused woke up with a silhouette hovering beside the bed and in a fit of panic shot the silhouette, that would be reasonable and even acceptable". I would really love to read legal commentary on that doozie!

I was taken aback by this but, just to be on the safe side, I have had to reconsider delivering Mrs Fossil her early morning cup of tea.

I often wonder how the Pistorius family can ever really feel safe around a (convicted) killer who has anger issues, even if he is a son, brother, nephew.

Do they think they’re exempt from that anger ... and violence?

(Do they sleep with their bedroom doors locked ... as well as the gun safe?)

Because its entirely bogus and ridiculous? If Jodi Arias reads her tabloids and sees that story I bet she'll wish her imagination was as good. It always astonishes me how low some folks will go for 5 minutes of lurid fame and a few handfuls of soiled dollars.

Even given the level of exaggeration one expects from the tabloids, there is clearly a lot of truth in this, and anyone who's been in an abusive relationship will recognise the behaviour instantly.

Funny how some people can be so quick to assume a woman is lying, but far slower to acknowledge that a man is...

Bitter. Ironic.

Masipa sends toddler terror Oscar for a time out under the stern supervision of Uncle Arnie, yet believes that same toddler terror’s tearful excuse for throwing a lethal tantrum.

<modsnip>

I feel sick to my stomach reading that. I genuinely didn't know whether he was guilty of murder or not...my instincts were telling me that he murdered Reeva in a rage but there wasn't enough evidence to be sure. After reading that I think he probably has literally just got away with murder...and I am very worried about what the future holds for any woman who gets involved with him. I always thought from observation that he seemed more riddled with self-pity than remorse. I predict that he will make a swift recovery once he knows for sure that he is not going to jail and the sobbing, retching and anxiety will disappear. There was a moment in the trial when I thought he was on the verge of confessing. He was giving evidence and said "I just wanted to know why..............................was she calling the police". I think I understand that better after reading the article.

I was taken aback by this but, just to be on the safe side, I have had to reconsider delivering Mrs Fossil her early morning cup of tea.

So long as you advance slowly, screaming at the top of your voice (although I wouldn't recommend "Get out of my *%#*&#* house!"), everything should be ok. :)

I agree with the judge's ruling. The law is the law. I notice that those who were excited about Masipa being appointed the judge in this case are the same ones criticising and ridiculing her for her judgement. The way I see it, the criticism should instead be levelled at the prosecution because they didn't do a good enough job. The state must prove all elements of the offence beyond a reasonable doubt and they didn't do that. JMO

To quote Dickens, if that is the law then "the law is an *advertiser censored*." I do believe it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that OP was aware that shooting someone through a door could kill them.

Tell the uncle to make sure there are no further complication's, Lol FFS, if i hadn't heard it for myself i'd never believe it, at the sentencing she probably ask Roux to tell Auntie Lois to have the kettle on for when she pop's by later, incredible.

Any future violence and bloodshed at OP&#8217;s hands will be on MASIPA&#8217;S head.

I knew this verdict was coming. This is the same country where rugby player Rudi Visagie shot and killed his own 19 year old daughter because he thought she was a car thief. He didn't even lose his gun license. His poor daughter told her father she was leaving early in the morning to surprise her boyfriend on his birthday, but he forgot. She was pulling out of the family drive way at 5am and her father jumped out of bed, grabbed his gun, hung out the window and opened fire on the car. His daughter was stuck in the neck and killed. Everyone in the country seemed to agree this was a reasonable reaction to hearing a car pulling out of your driveway in SA. He faced no charges because his was suffering from killing his own daughter. It's ridiculous because it shouldn't matter if it was his daughter or not, but that's the way SA is. I expected nothing less from the Oscar Pistorius trial because of the mindset of the SA people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member