Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only did Masipa talk about the bathroom window, amazingly, it even formed part of the basis for believing OP.
As I mentioned in my previous post, there didn’t seem to be much that she didn’t believe about his story.

"Evidence shows that at time he fired shots at toilet door, Mr Pistorius believed the deceased was in the bedroom, the judge says. This belief was communicated to a number of people shortly after the incident, she added.
The judge said there is "nothing in the evidence to suggest that Mr Pistorius' belief was not genuinely entertained". She cites reasons including the bathroom window being open, and the toilet door being shut.
"In the present case in his own version, the accused suspected that an intruder had entered through the bathroom window. He… [said] he genuinely, though erroneously, believed that his life and that of the deceased was in danger," the judge said.
"In the present case the accused is the only person who can say what his state of mind was when he fired the shots that killed the deceased," the judge said."
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/1409...ct-judge-thokozile-masipa-reading-her-verdict

Oscar opened that window after he shot and killed Reeva in my opinion--, he did so to back up his Intruder version - to give impression and cover himself for his pathetic story that he had reason to fire at that door because an Intruder had come in through the window. How can that Judge believe that just because when the police arrived that the window was open, that it couldn't have been Oscar that might just have opened it ???

We also know that he had time to tamper with the Crime Scene before the Standers and Stipp arrived at his house and he went upstairs while they were there. This was before the police had even arrived - so Oscar had plenty of opportunities to go upstairs and move things, like 'opening the bathroom window'. I can't believe the Judge didn't seem to think Oscar had a reason to lie about such things.

James Grant @CriminalLawZA • Sep 12

Unlawful possession: no animus (intention) to possess - not guilty - but animus relates to possession - needs only KNOW he was in possession

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · Sep 12

... While on bail - incident at nightclub; family of accused said: engaging in self-harming behaviour [very significant]...

Someone should appraise Nel about OP and Aimee spending the night somewhere else so his bail could be revoked. Nah, the family would deny it as would the people wherever they stayed. Another "win" for OP.

Maybe they are dating...frankly nothing in that family would surprise me.

Should OP return to professional competition, it’s guaranteed that the ex-demi-god will NOT receive the hero’s welcome and accolades he enjoyed in 2012.

(Can you hear the stadiums filled with endless echos of brutally derisive BOO's?!)

I hope the spectators, officials, journalists, hotel staff, taxi drivers, right on down to the janitor, make it SO unpleasant and hostile and icy on every level that he simply stops competing.

For a man like OP, near-total ostracization may be the worst life sentence he could ever receive.

The fall from grace would be complete.

Good luck trying to find big sponsors ... and income. LOL

Arnu Fourie is on Ossur's South Africa page.

Should OP return to professional competition, it’s guaranteed that the ex-demi-god will NOT receive the hero’s welcome and accolades he enjoyed in 2012.

(Can you hear the stadiums filled with endless echos of brutally derisive BOO's?!)

I hope the spectators, officials, journalists, hotel staff, taxi drivers, right on down to the janitor, make it SO unpleasant and hostile and icy on every level that he simply stops competing.

For a man like OP, near-total ostracization may be the worst life sentence he could ever receive.

The fall from grace would be complete.

Good luck trying to find big sponsors ... and income. LOL

Arnu Fourie is on Ossur's South Africa page.

I don't think he'd qualify for the Olympics, he is 27 now , there's much younger faster athletes coming foward who are faster than him -he hadn't actually qualified for London 2012 , but I think he was put in the team for crowd attraction purposes and being good publicity for SA team and country. He needed to be aquitted of all charges I think in order to have any chance of a comeback after this. Uncle Arnold's 'speech' that he'd been cleared of Murder after the Verdict last Friday was part of the damage limitation for Oscar's comeback, BUT his PR machine will stop dead in it's tracks once he's given a prison sentence in a month's time for Culpable Homicide -any less than this and I think they'll be a total uproar in SA.

And if he isn't given a sentence I think that the State will indeed Appeal , if they have the money and there are legal grounds - I feel so sorry for Nel and his team with all the work they did in this Case, it's a travesty of Justice should Oscar now not even get a prison sentence for CH after the Judge didn't Rule a Dolus Eventualis Verdict when the evidence was there and successfully argued by Nel.

Has anyone read anything about a comment from Nel after the Verdict, I can't find anything that's come directly from Nel ? I guess he perhaps can't say anything as the Case is not over yet, I am hoping he'll give a press conference after the sentencing ?

Meanwhile Pistorius's management denied rumors that he had a book to write. The Guardian in England reported Pistorius will now write his own version of Reeva's death and "battle" of his trial.

Peet van Zyl, Pistorius's manager, yesterday denied there were plans lemnaeler that such a book will be written.

"There are no such plans, and we have not even talked about such a thing," said Van Zyl.

http://www.volksblad.com/nuus/2014-09-15-reeva-se-halfbroer-vaar-uit-teen-oscar

Not only did Masipa talk about the bathroom window, amazingly, it even formed part of the basis for believing OP.
As I mentioned in my previous post, there didn’t seem to be much that she didn’t believe about his story.

"Evidence shows that at time he fired shots at toilet door, Mr Pistorius believed the deceased was in the bedroom, the judge says. This belief was communicated to a number of people shortly after the incident, she added.
The judge said there is "nothing in the evidence to suggest that Mr Pistorius' belief was not genuinely entertained". She cites reasons including the bathroom window being open, and the toilet door being shut.
"In the present case in his own version, the accused suspected that an intruder had entered through the bathroom window. He… [said] he genuinely, though erroneously, believed that his life and that of the deceased was in danger," the judge said.
"In the present case the accused is the only person who can say what his state of mind was when he fired the shots that killed the deceased," the judge said."
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/1409...ct-judge-thokozile-masipa-reading-her-verdict

Thanks for correcting me. You're right it's amazing how she misused that piece of evidence to make it in favor of Pistorius. She forgot that the fact the window was open had nothing to do with intruders as there were no intruders. So Milady Masipa..could it be that he staged the scene by opening the window to fit his story and fool people like you?? Or could it be that he was not paranoid at all and slept with windows open?? Her reasoning ability leaves a lot to be desired...AMAZING!

I think the biggest reason for the uproar is that Masipa really did have the EASIEST case imaginable, with the best state prosecutor and the most
ineffective Defense experts.

Consider, Even on Pistorius' version, we know he admitted KILLING whoever was behind the bathroom door, in circumstances so suspect that
you could never say any reasonable person did not foresee pumping 4 bullets behind a closed bathroom door was not an intent to kill,
he had firearms test about this and passed and was informed on the clearly proper behaviour (so in fact he is even above the standard
for the reasonable man test because he has TRAINING).

We also have witnesses who unanimously heard women screaming between shots.

I think this is why so many people in the legal profession are so damn angry, she has the easiest case imaginable to do a proper verdict that would literally satisfy both the public and the legal circle,
with virtually no real chance of controversy, it is so safe since it is also seen to be a middle-ground between the State aim (directus) and the defense (putative private defense).

And she is literally representing all of the legal community to the public.

So when you fail this hard, and it makes the public respect legal people less, you can imagine behind closed doors, their calling her an idiot.

LOL! Roux had that corrections officer / social worker gal testify. Masipa was a career social worker from ~ 1977; she did not become an advocate until 1991. Mandela decided to bump her up to being a judge, for apparently no particular "legal expertise reason" in 1997. Six years is not a wealth of professional legal work experience before becoming a judge.

This thread is getting too long so a new one has been created. The portal for the new thread is linked below. Ten minute warning before this thread closes.
work_zps498783e7.gif

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?256641-Discussion-between-the-verdict-and-sentencing

I think the biggest reason for the uproar is that Masipa really did have the EASIEST case imaginable, with the best state prosecutor and the most
ineffective Defense experts.

Consider, Even on Pistorius' version, we know he admitted KILLING whoever was behind the bathroom door, in circumstances so suspect that
you could never say any reasonable person did not foresee pumping 4 bullets behind a closed bathroom door was not an intent to kill,
he had firearms test about this and passed and was informed on the clearly proper behaviour (so in fact he is even above the standard
for the reasonable man test because he has TRAINING).

We also have witnesses who unanimously heard women screaming between shots.

I think this is why so many people in the legal profession are so damn angry, she has the easiest case imaginable to do a proper verdict that would literally satisfy both the public and the legal circle,
with virtually no real chance of controversy, it is so safe since it is also seen to be a middle-ground between the State aim (directus) and the defense (putative private defense).

And she is literally representing all of the legal community to the public.

So when you fail this hard, and it makes the public respect legal people less, you can imagine behind closed doors, their calling her an idiot.

Yes, put like that, it all seems so bloody obvious, doesn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor