Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Masipa points out that Fresco couldn't say with certainty where the actual incident happened

Masipa moves on to analyze Samantha Taylor's evidence

She notes that their relationship didn't end amicably and that both accused the other of cheating

Masipa says that Taylor's version has a "ring of truth" but that's not the end of the matter - did the state make their case beyond reasonable doubt?

http://cnnworldlive.cnn.com/Event/Oscar_Pistorius_trial_4

In the news on TV:
No murder, no manslaughter, today the verdict, after several weeks another court day with negotiation about the penalty with judge, Roux and Nel, if needed also with witnesses. We have a long time to wait and see ............... to be disappointed anyway.

(Only for repeated mention of my post, as I'm shocked.)

J: Accused does not have to prove he is innocent....onus on state....evidence falls short...state has failed to establish guilt

Acquited.

I have to keep reminding myself that Reeva is actually dead and buried..

Maybe Judge is going over the matters of "not proven" first and she's saving the "proven" matters for last.

ME! I played the change the cell phones and carrier at the mall (for 4 hours!) after cleaning, etc all day. Plan is still not right, but I had to get home as 17 yr old had an essay to write. Will deal with Sprint after I get some sleep. I was tired, so had one of the boys drive- and still managed to mess up one son's phone number numerous times that had to be ported...

and someone ( DH) ate the rest of the brownies AND the chinese while I was pulling my hair out with 3 teens boys and a semi competent phone person...the Judge best produce some good news :)

My friend has 3 teen sons. She finally had a mini fridge put inside her bedroom so she could have some food for herself when she got home from work. lol

She talks about everybody's mendacity but she has no problem with OP's
she essentially said the same thing with both. That even though they lied in parts, caution is necessary, doesn't mean there isn't truth in others.

now... I admired Kevin Larena, too. that has probably given him the kiss of death.. he was straight up and concise in his evidence..

Interesting that on these relatively minor offences the judge is going into great detail when she glossed over so much important evidence yesterday. OMG she has found him not guilty even with two witnesses.

J: Count three....January 2013, accused handled firearm of his friend and fired...narrowly missed Kevin Lareno...Kevin gave evidence he heard Fresco say 'one up' as he handed over the firearm...

Masipa says the state witnesses contradicted each other on crucial aspects

Masipa: The evidence falls short of the standard for conviction

Oscar Pistorius not guilty of count 2

Masipa moves on to count three - the Tasha's restaurant incident

Masipa says it's not in dispute that the gun went off while in Pistorius' hands

http://cnnworldlive.cnn.com/Event/Oscar_Pistorius_trial_4

even Masipa cannot gloss over Oscar's evidence re Tasha's gunfire.. surely it cannot be!!

J: Fresco also confirmed accused asked him to accept blame...

The state witnesses contracted each other on critical evidence.
State failed to prove the case on this matter.
Acquitted.
Now Count 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members