Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get it. He is guilty of CH because, when he fired, he should have foreseen that firing four shots into a locked room containing a person might kill him or her. But he's not guilty of murder because, when he fired, he did not foresee that firing four shots into a locked room containing a person might kill him or her.

Essentially, her verdict is 'should have, but didn't...'.

Legal experts saying Oscar's prompt response in calling for help after killing is certain to be taken into mitigation during sentencing.

Prompt response?? Oh, this is all just one horrible, sick joke isn't it. He did NOT call for help quickly, and did everything in his power to make sure that Reeva was well and truly dead, so that she could not tell anyone the truth of what happened that night.

I guess in SA calling the emergency number is enough in itself, as iirc OP didn't say anything. And it was only when Dr. Stipp arrived and insisted that an ambulance be called that one was summoned. Or maybe Marsipa meant OP's calling for help from the balcony on his third trip from bedroom to bathroom, while never pushing the emergency alarm which would have brought immediate help.

Nel...I disagree with Mr Roux....this is a serious case.....imposition of a lengthy sentence probable....during period accused was on bail, he disposed of properties....crt took that property into account when granting bail initially

The verdict among my wider group of friends is that this was a fair verdict. I'm not sure everyone knows the ins and outs in the depth discussed here [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kaydono, go on mediate

Thanks so much...... I was still on wildabouttrial. His little crybaby routine is getting old REAL FAST. Sounds so phony. It reminds me of that 911 call that Lyle Menendez made. Phoney Boloney

Given her stated reasoning, I don't see how Marsipa could justify jailing OP. He was negligent, but not intentionally so. She found his version/s reasonably possibly true.

She sounded apologetic when she discussed the guilty verdict.

Nel talking about nightclub incident in the early hours when OP was on bail, and how family 'gave a press release to media' Juky 15th. Mentioning that it stated OP has self-harming behaviour,

bail is crucial now... how she judges will reflect masipa's thinking on sentencing/length of prison term...

Nel says “he (Oscar) caused the death of an innocent woman”.

“Lengthy imprisonment” is probable.

Nel: Culp homicide a section 7 offense....my understanding of extension of bail, crt will take into account....factors I've indicated happened during the trial....

Nel says that since bail was initially granted, Pistorius has sold his house. He does not have a property now, and lives with family.

While on bail, he was involved in an incident at a nightclub, in which he was thrown out of the club. (You can read details of that incident here.) Nel refers to the press release put out by Pistorius’ family after that, which refers to his “self-harming behaviour”.

Nel says the report from the mental health evaluation that said Pistorius was a suicide risk.

/live/2014/sep/12/pistorius-verdict-live-judge-rule-culpable-homicide

Nel used Pistorius OWN family media strategy/release as reason he should not be given bail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06