Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roux up, explaining why OP sold properties to pay for legal costs, not to run away. "Shows respect for legal system...no basis he'll commit suicide.."

Roux added that if this happened in July, Nel should have raised it then.

Judge questioning whether Nel knows why OP sold houses. Nel says he doesn't know.

If she lets him stay out on bail now, then I bert she won't even send him to prison at all.

Judge Masipa asks if there's a dispute as to why Pistorius sold his properties

Nel says he's making an inference and that there's nothing holding Pistorius in South Africa but he has no evidence to prove that

She also has a question for Roux. She wants to know where Pistorius is living

She should know that!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

If she planned to send him to jail, she'd send him right now. But sounds like she doesnt want to do that at all.

I dont think they should have publicized the address where OP is staying

J: Where is he staying at the moment?

R: His uncle's house. 237 Lawley, Pretoria. He's been staying there past 18 mnths.

Adjourned until 12.30 (an hour and a quarter)

Lol - Roux just read out Uncle Arnold's address to the world...?

J: Where is he staying at the moment?

R: His uncle's house. 237 Lawley, Pretoria. He's been staying there past 18 mnths.

Adjourned until 12.30 (an hour and a quarter)

Lol - Roux just read out Uncle Arnold's address to the world...?

It's a shame that elephants can't read! :)

If she lets him stay out on bail now, then I bert she won't even send him to prison at all.

yes, that is why i said earlier that it was a crucial indicator.
also it has also been crucial from op's perspective to stay out of prison.

This will be indicator on her mindset. If he bails then he walks in the end and visa versa

I don't because of his handicap. He must be given prosthetics for mobility, but how can they not be considered a weapon? Conundrum isn't it?

Roux mentioned just now how jail would be 'difficult' for OP because of his disability, when pleading for bail.

Nel says that since bail was initially granted, Pistorius has sold his house. He does not have a property now, and lives with family.

While on bail, he was involved in an incident at a nightclub, in which he was thrown out of the club. (You can read details of that incident here.) Nel refers to the press release put out by Pistorius’ family after that, which refers to his “self-harming behaviour”.

Nel says the report from the mental health evaluation that said Pistorius was a suicide risk.

/live/2014/sep/12/pistorius-verdict-live-judge-rule-culpable-homicide

BIB .. I really object to their use of that phrase 'self harming behaviour' .. self harming is when someone has mental health problems which means they 'cut' themselves or something similar .. it does NOT mean going out partying!

I dont think they should have publicized the address where OP is staying

J Masipa asked Roux, she doesn't seem to have a problem with everyone knowing. Imo, she should have known where OP was living for the last 18 mths, it's not for the courtroom or audience to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV