Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adjournement until tomorrow 9.30 am. Haha, istn't that almost the schedule I predicted yesterday?

Btw, tomorrow I'll be working out of home the whole day. Do you think there'll be videos of that 2nd day somewhere in order to catch up in the evening?

Once upon a time most of us were :fence: while others thought OP was innocent from the word go. Once Nel started cross-examining, we realised OP was a :liar: and one by one people started :fencefall:

We :cheer: Nel on and spent every waking hour on :eek:nline: :lookingitup: and :findinglink:

We :slapfight: :floorlaugh: felt like we were :deadhorse: with some posters and :banghead: until it was :bed: Most of us thought we’d be :gathering: and :cheer: today. Instead we’re in a :badmood: :curses: and want to :puke:.

Instead, let’s all :grouphug: and :praying: :justice:

Oh, is that it then? I missed it! :facepalm:

I'll have to look it up to watch on youtube.

Monde Tyusha ‏@UyandaOya 4m4 minutes ago

My favourite tweet "@RanjeniM:

No wonder we didn't want the Dalai Lama here. We've had His Holiness in our presence all along. #OscarTrial"

Haha.....Nel will debunk some of these charitable works by Op......I hope

I get the feeling OP could take a dump in the middle of the courtroom and it would be seen as a charitable act.

It's the most disgusting self serving claptrap I've ever heard in my life and can't believe this has all been allowed to play out in front of the victim's family. I'm devastated for the Steenkamp's and hope that the good people of this world shout with the loudest voices their disapproval at every event he attends.

Where are the accolades from his 'friends' as opposed to people paid by him #OscarPistorius #OscarTrial

I thought I posted a link on another thread that stated that only people with whom he did not work could testify at a sentencing.

#OscarTrial recommended sentence of 2days p/m month of domestic work for 3yrs which is approx 2.5 months of cleaning for culpable homicide!

Adjournement until tomorrow 9.30 am. Haha, istn't that almost the schedule I predicted yesterday?

Btw, tomorrow I'll be working out of home the whole day. Do you think there'll be videos of that 2nd day somewhere in order to catch up in the evening?

Youtube. Just type 'Oscar Trial' in the search box, searching for vids for this week.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 25 mins 25 minutes ago
Bottom line seems: Judge must decide sentence alone, but may consult assessors (from leading text: Commentary on Criminal Procedure Act).

I still retained a small sliver of hope that Milady might have taken on board some of the criticism that has been levelled at her over the past few weeks, but, unfortunately, I see no sign whatsoever of any reflection, let alone regret. On the contrary, she seems determined not to assist Nel at any cost, even when the situation is crying out for her intervention. I wonder if there's some personal animosity there?

Where are the accolades from his 'friends' as opposed to people paid by him #OscarPistorius #OscarTrial

I thought I posted a link on another thread that stated that only people with whom he did not work could testify at a sentencing.
It's true, isn't it. The therapist and agent would both lose him as a client if he went to jail, so they have financial reasons for wanting a light sentence.

Fundi kaBhanqo ‏@MamNtshilibe2 3m3 minutes ago
"@ewnreporter: #Crimestoppers

The S-a-p-s is now hosting a session on crime against women and children. Horrendous timing!! #OscarTrial

There is a very real possibility Oscar Pistorius is going to walk, isn't there? And I'm afraid more people are going to be endangered if he is.

There is a very real possibility Oscar Pistorius is going to walk, isn't there? And I'm afraid more people are going to be endangered if he is.
People who will be in danger from him, and other hopeful would-be murderers who now know you can kill someone for hovering near your bed, because that would be 'understandable' and even 'excusable'.

Not only will he walk but he'll get a pat on the back for beating the trial. His career is ruined imv and Milady....i guarantee....is going to base her judgement on the fact that he's lost that part of his life, which affects him financially and socially and will agree that he seeks councilling/rehabilitation and only does CS. There will be absolutely no jail time. Trust me its an absolute certainty imv.

I have to agree that I think it will be a slap on the hand.

I fear that all those who feel he will escape a custodial sentence are probably right but if so, there is always the possibility of appeal, which I am sure the overall public reaction to a light sentence may help to fuel. And though it is little to no comfort, I'm sure that the conditions governing any form of house arrest will include a prison sentence were he to break any of the rules imposed on him and there's a very good chance of that happening IMO. He'll think he's invincible and that may well be his downfall. Small comfort at this stage I know but I feel this story has a ways to go and this judge's sentence will not be the final full stop.

"The accused will benefit from correctional supervision," Mr Maringa said, adding that this will give him an
"opportunity to restructure and modify his behaviour"

Modify, as in going clubbing, drinking, and getting into (yet another) altercation with someone while the trial was still going on? Maringa doesn't have a clue. OP is not someone who can modify his behaviour. That's why he belongs in jail.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29591517

I fear that all those who feel he will escape a custodial sentence are probably right but if so, there is always the possibility of appeal, which I am sure the overall public reaction to a light sentence may help to fuel. And though it is little to no comfort, I'm sure that the conditions governing any form of house arrest will include a prison sentence were he to break any of the rules imposed on him and there's a very good chance of that happening IMO. He'll think he's invincible and that may well be his downfall. Small comfort at this stage I know but I feel this story has a ways to go and this judge's sentence will not be the final full stop.
BIB - except that if he were to break the rules, who would be elected to follow it up? Uncle Arnold has a lot of influence. I'm sure any misdemeanours on OP's behalf would be quietly hushed up, unless of course, he kills again, in which case, so long as someone was hovering near the bed, it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay