Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all! Another breakfast option in addition to that offered by Zwiebel and Harmony ...

Day+2+-+Cafe+du+Monde.JPG

Defence get to argue mitigating factors first, then prosecution get to the lay out the aggravating factors. I think this phase of the trial may last three or four days.

3 days or...three months...what with all the tea breaks; tear breaks; sick breaks; defense witness-finding breaks; judge breaks; construction in the hall breaks; phone breaks; lunch breaks.

I'm also expecting violin-break for the "broken" famous manchild named Oscar Pistorius. I just read that letter he sent to Samantha Taylor (and her mother?!). So, so painful. Emotional maturity of a baby raccoon.

#OscarTrial is now trending at No 9 in Johannesburg and there are 38 viewers here.

Good Morning from the beautiful Vienna, Austria :)
Can't wait to hear the Sentencing!

Pistorius clan all in court. Carl's on crutches and in moonboots.

Oscar's coach Ampie Louw is also in court this morning. Just minutes to go now.

A white car just reversed out of that garage by the scooter. Who was that, Oscar?

The Herald PE ‏@HeraldPE 2m2 minutes ago

The State will argue that #OscarPistorius must get the maximum sentence for culpable homicide, the National Prosecuting Authority said.

Hippity Skippity Day!! :happydance:
Huge a$$ life change~~ I moved to S. Padre Island, TX during the break. :) So, here's a big Texas Howdy y'all, and it is currently 2:30am.

I would never have thought it before the verdict, but I wouldn't be surprised if Oscar gets a very, very lenient sentence with practically no jail time at all.

'A police source has told me that it is likely Judge Masipa will adjourn court to review the evidence before handing down the sentence 2/2 "

channel 4

were on !

Masipa, in her judgement, says:

I am of the view that the accused acted too hastily and used excessive force. In the circumstances it is clear that his conduct was negligent.

Aaron Murphy ‏@karmicaaron 3m3 minutes ago

State seems to believe that Friday is when the judge will give her sentencing verdict. #OscarPistorius #OscarTrial #Pistorius

Roux is talking about a witness and the Telegraph's still showing a tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96