Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"There are no barfs" LOL. He will be able to provide some. Barf = being sick in UK and probably elsewhere.

If she, the judge, the assessors and so many others in the legal system in SA think that prison is not conducive to the rehabilitation of criminals, then why are there thousands of criminals currently in prison? Oh, they're not Oscar Pistorius are they, silly me!

Now talking about a social worker in Victoria prison who was interviewed in the report but 'did not wish to be identified'? WTH?

Op 'does not have the normal criminal element normally seen in prison...needs to be treated with due regard'.

No, Pistorious going out night-clubbing suggests his sentence has not started you cretin.

AV now blaming the media for contributing to OP's 'emotional state of mind'.

I wonder how many people OP has to kill before a prison sentence would be considered then? I'm sure there will be more severely disabled people than OP in South Africa's prisons.

I would like to compare this probation report to others written by the same people, in other cases....

If she, the judge, the assessors and so many others in the legal system in SA think that prison is not conducive to the rehabilitation of criminals, then why are there thousands of criminals currently in prison? Oh, they're not Oscar Pistorius are they, silly me!

....and the majority are poor black people, not wealthy white people.

Sodomy in prison? So all killers should be able to get a custodial sentence to avoid possible sodomy in prison?? And as for him being around children with that vicious temper of his, what parent would be okay with that? Cleaning is clearly beneath him, so he wants the option of choosing something he 'wouldn't mind' doing for his punishment? This has gone beyond madness. A convicted killer doesn't want to clean things, but doesn't mind 'helping' children? Pardon?

June's and Barry's faces. They are being victimized all over again by these professionals.

It's curious that she's using the same term as the touchy-feely psychotherapist in describing OP as 'broken'. I'd have thought a professional report should use words like 'traumatised' or 'psychologically impacted'.

It seems that to become a prisoner in ZA you have to be black, poor, and not necessarily have committed murder. WTF!

So much tfor you if you do the crime you do the time? I just hope like ihell that Nel can convince Masipa that OP MUST recieve prison time. What is being proposed is not suitable punishment. It makes me sick to hear this woman speak.

I'm still agog that he doesn't want to do cleaning. FFS. Here's one of David Smith's tweets:

David Smith ✔ @SmithInAfrica
Follow
Vergeer: In the eyes of the public it may be important to make him do something he does not want to do.

“There is politics involved,” said Dr Llewellyn Curlewis, one of four divisional presidents of the Law Society of South Africa. “Thokozile Masipa can be seen as a member of the current government, and the government policy is to avoid custodial sentences if possible. Our jails are very overcrowded, they are a huge burden on the taxpayer. My view is the judge will go for correctional supervision, which could mean home arrest, community service or a penalty fine”.
Should that be the case, public reaction would be expected to put pressure on the state to appeal, but according to Dr Curlewis, this is unlikely.

http://www.news.com.au/world/africa/oscar-pistorius-murder-trial-judge-thokozile-masipa-has-tough-job/story-fnh81gzi-1227089252163

AV now setting out how overcrowded prisons are, how much it costs to keep someone in prison and there's shortage of social workers.

All i"m hearing now is "yadayadayadayadayadayada"

*despairs*

Sodomy in prison? So all killers should be able to get a custodial sentence to avoid possible sodomy in prison?? And as for him being around children with that vicious temper of his, what parent would be okay with that? Cleaning is clearly beneath him, so he wants the option of choosing something he 'wouldn't mind' doing for his punishment? This has gone beyond madness. A convicted killer doesn't want to clean things, but doesn't mind 'helping' children? Pardon?

I remember reading on one of the trial threads that OP would have loud cursing outbursts at the gym in front of children when he was doing his training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l