Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imprisonment impacts on all CRIMINALS. That's the way it works. Or is he special?

It's curious that she's using the same term as the touchy-feely psychotherapist in describing OP as 'broken'. I'd have thought a professional report should use words like 'traumatised' or 'psychologically impacted'.

Yes. That word "broken". Used by...Pistorius, Stander, the pointless social worker, the therapist and now this probation officet.

You might almost think they are following a script.

AV now reading that if custodial sentence imposed, shld be of shorter duration than 15 years, and mentions danger of HIV in prison and bringing back to community. Adds 'report is only an opinion'.

If OP kills again, there will still be concrete floors in prison, and the possibility of sodomy (even though we know he would be kept separate from other prisoners for his own safety). Does this mean no matter what further crimes he commits, he'll always be able to avoid prison in favour of some light dusting a couple of times a month?

Now, answering Nel's question about her being paid by defense, her speech speed has slowed by half.

Now telling Nel she doesn't like the manner his question was put to her!

She is normally employed by the State but at the present time she is working privately. She was hired by the defence team.

It's curious that she's using the same term as the touchy-feely psychotherapist in describing OP as 'broken'. I'd have thought a professional report should use words like 'traumatised' or 'psychologically impacted'.
Also, we heard yesterday that he was already an utterly broken man. So he would re-enter society as he left it - broken. He can't be more broken that utterly broken!

If she, the judge, the assessors and so many others in the legal system in SA think that prison is not conducive to the rehabilitation of criminals, then why are there thousands of criminals currently in prison? Oh, they're not Oscar Pistorius are they, silly me!

she also appears to be saying the conditions in prison are not suitable for a person with op's disability. are we then to believe there are no other prisoners in sa prisons with a disability similar to op????

Aah! she is working independently, not specifically by the state. That explains why the defence contacted her. It happens in the UK when solicitors are looking for an independent report. To be avoided in my view as the solicitor will be paying her, so compromised to a greater or lesser degree. Explains all we need to know. MOO

N: You consulted with OP on two occassions?

AV: I saw him twice, and another two informally.And telephonically

And reveals sister Aimee was present on second time.

Excellent .. Nel straight in there and got her to confirm that whilst she is employed by the state for many of her cases, she also works privately, and has been hired privately .. and paid by .. the defence team .. i.e. her report is biased. Nailed it.

If OP kills again, there will still be concrete floors in prison, and the possibility of sodomy (even though we know he would be kept separate from other prisoners for his own safety). Does this mean no matter what further crimes he commits, he'll always be able to avoid prison in favour of some light dusting a couple of times a month?

That's what my take is on this whole debacle. He's basically getting a lifetime get out a jail free card because of his disability. :gaah:

N: Why wld it be necessary to have sister present?

AV: Makes it so much easier, just to confirm some info....

N: Can I ask you, portions of record were made available to you thru defense?...you saw the judgement?

AV: That's correct.

I remember reading on one of the trial threads that OP would have loud cursing outbursts at the gym in front of children when he was doing his training.
Oh yes. I remember reading that. Nel should bring that up!

N: Aware Accused walked to bthroom and used gun?

AV: Can you just refer me to the page...Milady, it's a very thick doc, I do not wish to just comment...

And Nel can't find the place, Wants lunch, Judge asking about Johnson, she's not well.

What a farce. AV has blocked Nel's question by demanding he prove what the judgement says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobAMac