Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On one occasion Annette Verger saw Pistorius individually. Then she made his sister cometo the interview…"it made it so much easier.” Yes, with Pistorius they always need his family minders.

Verger says there is not a prescribed circumstance on how to interview the accused. She also interviewed his coach and his manager. The report she read on charity he was given by the legal team.

Delay when Verger asks for exact quote from testimony of Pistorius.

Nel takes time to find the 33.7 quote.
Masipa questions Nel where is Miss Johnson. Nel says that she is not well.
Masipa: “Oh.”

Barry doesn't look terribly well to me.

Masipa has been so engaged tonight ... she constantly asks what page.

Omnipresent Aimee is starting to make me think of the Friends episode where one of Rachel's boyfriends has a bizarrely close relationship with his sister.

I really don't understand why Nel has so much trouble finding details in the verdict. If this document had been made into a pdf or Word document he could search it by entering a word or short phrase and go to it immediately. Is his team not computer literate?

Nel has fnd it. Reads

N: He armed himself with the intention to shoot?

AV : I cannot say those specific words but I've read the judgement.

Excellent .. Nel straight in there and got her to confirm that whilst she is employed by the state for many of her cases, she also works privately, and has been hired privately .. and paid by .. the defence team .. i.e. her report is biased. Nailed it.
BIB - he Nelled it!!

N: You said Op has accepted responsibility within his framework. What does that mean?

AV: I don't think I need to go into detail....it was put before the court...

That "within his framework" terminology was also used previously in testimony by a defence expert. Can't remember if it was Dr Vorster or the cuddly psychotherapist.

AV: When I saw accused, I did not ask him to give me a different version. We went thru the judgement.

Nel back to asking what 'within his framework' means. She says she doesn't want to give a different version.

N: You said Op has accepted responsibility within his framework. What does that mean?

AV: I don't think I need to go into detail....it was put before the court...
AV is quite rude. She's been asked a question and should answer it. Masipa looks extremely bored and appears to be doodling something on her notepad. Probably zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

nel was looking for the quote that masipa made along the lines of 'a gun would not be used like a cricket bat'... they were masipa's own words.

masipa is not going to help him.
maybe he needs help from ws, in mrs johnson's absence.

AV: I've already explained that.

N: No you have not.

N: Which version are you talking about that he put before the court?

AV: The version in the judgement...and goes off into rant at judge

AV getting irritated when challenged now, criticising advocates.

AV is quite rude. She's been asked a question and should answer it. Masipa looks extremely bored and appears to be doodling something on her notepad. Probably zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

this seems to happen so often. nel asks a question, witness answers with a statement about something else.

N: When you spoke to him, did he acceot the findings?

AV: I did not ask him. He said he has respect for court's judgement.

Nel hammering away at what version OP gave her, witness repeating the one in the judgement.

Annette Verger, like all of us, has no idea what is Pisorius’ version. She keeps on saying within her “framework.” She waffles, says the verdict is very thick, she cannot quote from it. She says her and Pistorius went through the “thick” document.

Nel keeps pushing did he, “accept the finding of the court.”

She semantically equivocates: “He respects the findings of the honourable court.”

Nel wants to investigate this her words about “version.”

N: You took judgement, you and OP sat down and went through it.

AV: We went through it

Nel asks witness why she quibbled over 'read' via 'went thru'. Now she goes off, moaning to judge again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l