Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AV is reading directly from her own report. She examined records and (I think) OP himself and family?

We know exactly how all this is going to go down, Masipa will take into account everything the defence witness's say and disregard everything the prosecution witness's say.
Infact when the prosecution witness's testify she might as well sit there listening to her ipod on full blast.

Agree.

Masipa smiling fondly at the end of the day, pats gently Roux on his silver head: “Oh Barry Roux, you’ve worked so hard for your poor innocent sad boy-star Ozzie. Please, please take as much time of the court as you need. Bless you. Bless all holy folk.”

Sharply Masipa looks at Nel, interrupting his witness: "Could you speak up, I cannot hear."

- If it pleases the court, this trial is only palatale with snark. A LOT of snark.

From the Guardian:

Annette Vergeer is no stranger to courtrooms. In 2012 she testified during the trial of South African musician Molemo “Jub Jub” Maarohanye, who killed four schoolchildren while drag racing. Vergeer recommended that Maarohanye receive a suspended sentence and community service, describing South African prison conditions as “devastating”.

Oh heck...this woman's voice is getting on my nerves already!

Some of the factors she took into account came from OP's probation officer.

Gah, she has a HORRIBLE reading style.

This woman's voice!!! When OscarPistorius met with Miss Vergeer, it sounds like someone shot her in the throat.

Strange a Probation Officer's report to be read out in open court, compromising confidentiality.:shame:

AV is listing the evidence and findings of the court re the charges against OP: 'He accepted responsibility for his actions....he apologized to (Reeva's) family....

Quick shot to Steenkamp's famiily, loved ones and friends. Nonplussed, one person pinches her forehead tightly.
Parents of Steenkamp seem to look on in exhausted skepticism, the surrounding friends look angry or restless.

AV: The accused is a first time offender....has expressed remorse...appears to be genuine, became very emotional, even 22 months later...

That is a pity.:( It is good to hear knowledgeable people being interviewed about the proceedings that have just taken place.

I love listening to it. I don't much care for all the emphasis they try to put on the percentage of internet traffic this trial gets but I get the feeling that's just to fill up the air time. The presenters are all great at asking questions we want answers to as well.

AV...accused has suffered...was depressed...excessive perspiration, crying.....accused vomited a few times...

Why does nobody see that OP is an actor. Outside the court or interviews by officials he lives a relatively normal life as has been shown by photos and reports of him living it up with his friends.

AV: He has been publically humiliated...he would sacrifice everything to have Ms Steenkamp back, or her life....accused has a disability, that's a fact....but it should NOT be taken into account when sentencing

Awww ... Pistorius has been 'publicly humiliated' .. diddums!

I'm getting sick now of these defence experts saying he has accepted responsibility.

• He has not accepted responsibility for his crime.
  • He pleaded not guilty and denied criminal responsibility (for culpable homicide also).
  • He attempted a defence of involuntary action.
  • He was found by the court to have been dishonest and deceitful in his explanation of why he fired the shots and what his intentions were.
  • How can it get worse than that in terms of accepting responsibility?

AV: Sam Taylor and her mother said they would be interviewed for report but then did not respind to msgs. Said they did not want to appear in court....

AV: Suitable sentence option......punishment, deterrent, rehab etc.......lists all the objects of sentencing....

AV: An accused cannot be sacrificed just because of opinions of some members of the public...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l