Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP looks like he's asleep. Nel looks like he's drawing.

Roux arguing. Whose side will judge take?

Nel's. Roux has to rephrase questions.

So Roux asks if OP always kept his sponsor money for attending charity events.

VZ says sometimes he donated the payment to charity, sometimes he attended for free: 'He was giving his time'.

O/T The Dewani trial may be going the same way as this one. The judge has just ruled that emails detailing his sexuality not relevant, don't show motive. Ye gods, and this was supposed to be a tough judge too. The whole trial revolves around his sexuality. Maybe she and Masipa are close buddies.

Rilly?! Gosh, I am sooooo not surprised. I've seen a lot of trials where I did not agree with the result/process yet South Africa is just incredible... and I don't mean that positively.

Being gay is not be an offense or at all suspicious but hiding your sexuality from your traditional family and new wife, just before a hitman claims you organised your bride's murder...that appears like clear legal relevance for possible motive.

VZ is listing the times OP performed unpaid charitable acts. Trawling through all the dross, it looks like there were three occasions, and only one involved OP donating his sponsor payment, and that's the only one involving actual cash?

Thanks Interested Bystander but that's not working on my laptop either. Video streaming has audio without a problem and I've tried it in a different browser too so it has to be something on that page that I can't run.

That is a pity.:( It is good to hear knowledgeable people being interviewed about the proceedings that have just taken place.

Nel hasn't tore into this guy the way I hoped but at least he showed the altruism was just plain business sense.

I'm starting to get more than a little annoyed. Hours and hours spent on these pathetic witnesses discussing events and matters totally unrelated to the brutal murder by killer Pistorius. How much time in this entire trial has been devoted to Reeva. She's treated like a minor detail.

I understand June isn't going to testify and that she's tendered a victim impact statement. IMO, the only way to swing this around to her daughter is to get on the stand and just speak from her heart.

Listening to all this twaddle is driving me insane.

Roux has just cleared up the one point Nel managed to make, about the witness testifying about letters detailing charitable OP events, that witness only saw last week. VZ is just about able to do that, saying he was at some of the events with OP.

I'm starting to get more than a little annoyed. Hours and hours spent on these pathetic witnesses discussing events and matters totally unrelated to the brutal murder by killer Pistorius. How much time in this entire trial has been devoted to Reeva. She's treated like a minor detail.

I understand why June isn't going to testify. I believe she's tendered a victim impact statement. IMO, the only way to swing this around to her daughter is to get on the stand and just speak from her heart.

I have been thinking that Barry would make the most poignant person to take the stand. But sadly, I don't think his health would allow it.

She's not who I thought

She's Annette Vergeer

She's on Facebook (are we allowed to link to it?)

Thank heavens, witness off the stand. Roux has called Miss ?????? No way can I guess the spelling of that name!

Annette Vergeer - Social Worker/Probation Officer - contacted by the defence

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · now 3 seconds ago

#OscarTrial [Annette] Vergeer: is a registered probation officer and provides sentence and social reports to the courts. BB

We know exactly how all this is going to go down, Masipa will take into account everything the defence witness's say and disregard everything the prosecution witness's say.
Infact when the prosecution witness's testify she might as well sit there listening to her ipod on full blast.

AV is a social worker who says her report was requested by defense but is independent; no-one can influence her findings.

Anyone else think the exhibits are sounding more and more like Bra sizes, apologies but losing the will to live here.... :tantrum:

Probation Officer/Social Worker contacted by the defense to do a neutral report. In UK her report would be ordered by the court as the only way to be neutral. Strange compromised systems in SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay