Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't he say that, following OP's 'performance' on the stand, he is going to try and steer his career into the acting profession?

OP's not known for his generosity. Didn't take chocolates, wine or flowers when he dined with Sam Taylor's family.

Where are all the journos? No-one was or is out in the street at all.

Why doesn't he say that, following OP's 'performance' on the stand, he is going to try and steer his career into the acting profession?

Best International Film. And the Oscar goes to ... Oscar.

"First of all I'd like to thank my family, and in particular my Uncle Arnold" blah, blah, blah.

Oh for heaven's sake! The legacy this guy is leaving is how to get away with murder!!

Too true. And for all the talk of what an inspiration he had been to people, especially young disabled people, what have his crimes and revealed actions and personality done to them? Someone they looked up to is shown to have (proverbial) feet of clay. Guess it's a good lesson for them to learn about 'heroes' but I'd argue that he has now disillusioned more people than he ever inspired.

Van Zyl states uncertainty for Pistorius racing career. “I can see a possibility for work on his foundation - in terms of giving people mobility. I know that is very dear to his heart. That will be his legacy*"

Oh, the deep irony of the clueless, oblivious Van Zyl, who seems to adhere to sleazy-agent cliché. The victim, that’s Steenkamp, and not who he thinks is hurt, will never have mobility or breath or hope for a future again. She’s obviously not that close to this agent’s conscience or moral compass.

*Dude, I think his legacy is being the OJ of South Africa...

I can't hear anything on Oscar Radio today :( Tried disabling , it's not my speakers either. I had to use a malware programme yesterday to get rid of a Trojan so wondering if I've quarantined something I needed to run Oscar Radio?

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 7m7 minutes ago
#OscarTrial Van Zyl: his future depends on the outcome of the trial, I see opportunities for his foundation, his legacy. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 7m7 minutes ago
#OscarTrial court adjourns until 11am. BB

Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird that the corrections official & the probation officer are testifying for the DT & not the Prosecution?

Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird that the corrections official & the probation officer are testifying for the DT & not the Prosecution?

No, it's not just you Margaret. I was thinking the same. Weird.

Oh and as long as were are on tea, what is the proper way to write Judge Masipa's title? Is it My Lady, Milady, M'lady.. ?

Since the name Nike is being bandied about , Nel should display the Nike shorts Reeva was wearing with the bullet hole in the thigh. I doubt OP would be offered any future deals from that source or any other for that matter !

I think if Nel were in front of a different judge, we could probably say that he'd done enough to show that the "charidee" stuff is a load of irrelevant hoo ha.

But I suspect it's gone in one ear and out the other with Judge What-Page-Are-We-On? Masipa.

I think if Nel were in front of a different judge, we could probably say that he'd done enough to show that the "charidee" stuff is a load of irrelevant hoo ha.

But I suspect it's gone in one ear and out the other with Judge What-Page-Are-We-On? Masipa.

:lol:

I agree with this former prosecutor/city attorney of San Diego and his take on Pistorius trial. Just another in a long line of men who kill their partners, happens around the world every day.

The Oscar Pistorius case is not unique. Yes, he’s a double amputee and an Olympian. But if you look inside the case, the dynamics are consistent with domestic violence homicides that happen every day, all around the world.

Here you have someone who has a lot of internalized rage. Pistorius had a traumatic childhood, and as is typical, it has produced internalized rage. Add to that someone with a sense of power, control, and entitlement — someone who has never faced consequences — and this case isn’t surprising. It’s what I saw day in and day out as a prosecutor.

Still, I’m seeing a lot of cognitive dissonance in this case: How can this person who is driven and focused, who has accomplished so much, be guilty of this crime? How can he be the monster the prosecutor is describing? It’s similar to the O.J. Simpson case in that way.

Unfortunately, this kind of crime happens every day. I wish we were as obsessed over the death of every woman.

People think he must be innocent because he’s so heartbroken and devastated. The fact that he can cry convinces me of nothing. I’ve watched batterers weep in court my entire career. - Case Quinn, former prosecutor
http://nomore.org/oscar-pistorius-experts-weigh/

In my mind now, I've completely separated this from being the trial/sentencing of the brutal killing of a beautiful young woman, Reeva .. it's like some sort of comedy. This can't all be real .. someone please tell me it's not ..

I can't hear anything on Oscar Radio today :( Tried disabling , it's not my speakers either. I had to use a malware programme yesterday to get rid of a Trojan so wondering if I've quarantined something I needed to run Oscar Radio?

It suddenly disappeared as I was listening to it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734