Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird that the corrections official & the probation officer are testifying for the DT & not the Prosecution?

What's weird is that they would testify for either side. I would have thought they would be neutral, as in the UK.

Nel has no further questions. Thank goodness.

Roux is embarrassed. He needs a 5 minute break.

masipa says she'll give him 4 1/2.

Well, I'm out......time to go.......wait.....we r back !

N: Milady, I don't have any further questions.

Roux is 'embarrassed' and needs 5mins.

Judge jokes she'll give him 4.5.

Adjourned.

OMG, Roux is taking the p!ss, isn't he .. court adjourned again already!

.. aww, nice little joke between milady and Roux there .. :puke:

Mandy Wiener ‏@MandyWiener 2h2 hours ago

In other news, there is a man with a noose outside court. He claims it's been used before. #OscarPistorius

O/T The Dewani trial may be going the same way as this one. The judge has just ruled that emails detailing his sexuality not relevant, don't show motive. Ye gods, and this was supposed to be a tough judge too. The whole trial revolves around his sexuality. Maybe she and Masipa are close buddies.

So Nel's thrown in the cards with this witness, effectively, without getting his point over strongly, I think. And Roux, caught in the hop, wants to cross this witness again but isn't ready. Sigh. We are going to be treated to another hour of OP's achievements, good work and 'legacy'.

Roux requestioning witness, asking him to set out which charity works he did that were not sponsor-driven.

I agree with this former prosecutor/city attorney of San Diego and his take on Pistorius trial. Just another in a long line of men who kill their partners, happens around the world every day.

http://nomore.org/oscar-pistorius-experts-weigh/

Totally agree.

Quite why Masipa was so swayed by his histrionics is truly beyond me. She's a law professional, she should know better than that.

Years ago, I was a very junior reporter on a newspaper and had to attend court one morning when a man was appearing for the first time after being charged with murder. He was a bouncer and beat someone up who died.

Anyway, this guy was ashen faced, shaking, terrified & bewildered looking. The enormity of what he'd done had obviously devastated him. He was as guilty as sin, though - his attack on his victim had been ferocious. Guilty of manslaughter, iirc.

It is the most ludicrous logic to think that how somebody behaves after an event gives insight into their state of mind before it. Human beings are "dynamic", are they not, Milady?

According to Barry Bateman Roux and Webber were chatting to Van Zyl in that little break. Isn't that not allowed while someone is on the stand and under oath?

Roux and Webber are chatting to Van Zyl.

VZ: Mr Pistorius never had any complaints (about what he was asked to do for charity).

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 2m2 minutes ago
#OscarTrial Roux: … did he do work outside of his sponsors?
Van Zyl explains the desire for Pistorius to start his own foundation. BB

Oh god, they're not still going on about that paltry sum of £1,125 are they <yawn>

I think if Nel were in front of a different judge, we could probably say that he'd done enough to show that the "charidee" stuff is a load of irrelevant hoo ha.

But I suspect it's gone in one ear and out the other with Judge What-Page-Are-We-On? Masipa.

Yes, and from what I read about her, I actually thought Masipa was another Judge Judy. Not! Sometimes I think she's just a box of rocks. Can't help thinking that Pistorius Inc. rigged it so she would be the presiding judge.

Roux going over the 20k. ssking witness to clarify: 'Could he just have put the sponsor money in his own pocket?'

Witness says yes,

Oh, Nel's up, objecting. Roux's leading the witness he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay