Trial Discussion Thread #56 - 14.15.10, Day 45 ~ sentencing~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning to all of you. Nice automn day in Geneva.
Will try to catch up now this morning session.

Didn't Masipa say OP was guilty of one of the gun charges? Then he was found guilty of Culpable Homicide.

This is 2 convictions in criminal court. Someone please tell me OP should go to prison just as you or I would!

Do any of my wonderful fellow websleuthers believe that OP will serve a prison sentence??

I don't think Masipa will send him to prison. If any detention is given, it'll be no more than 3 years of house arrest. As far as community service, Masipa may "get tough" with OP and make him do some light labor, such as sweeping.

Nel said earlier that he'd "deal with that in heads" so are we to expect another delay after all the witnesses have been heard for both sides to present more heads of argument?

The vigilante point was a good one - Masipa must not lose sight of the fact that it is her responsibility to ensure that the people retain faith in the judicial process. So far, she's not doing a very good job of fulfilling that obligation.

We are back. judge wants to know if 'the machine' is now in order.

Has anyone got a good feed? News 24 playing up and I can't find anything on Youtube at the moment.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 1 Min. Vor 1 Minute

#OscarTrial … and we’re back. It appears the delay was caused y a faulty recording machine. All sorted. BB
0 Antworten

N: What facilities are we talking about?

AV: Psycho, physical facilities.....

N: The accused is a broken man?

AV: it is a fact thereof milady (or something like that. Ridiculous answer, anyhow. Made me choke on my tea so didn't hear properly)

I don't think Masipa will send him to prison. If any detention is given, it'll be no more than 3 years of house arrest. As far as community service, Masipa may "get tough" with OP and make him do some light labor, such as sweeping.

No sweeping. She will make him speak to disabled children, as a sort of roving celebrity. Sweeping would be a punishment. And My Lady will not punish him, imo.

From alex Crawford

Alex Crawford @AlexCrawfordSky
Follow
#OscarTrial Vergeer looked quite shattered during the break after her relentless lambasting by Gerrie Nel. She's had a right thrashing
11:41 AM - 15 Oct 2014

AV...all of this (case) has to impact, has impacted on the accused...

N: So it would impact on every accused..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch