Trial Discussion Thread #56 - 14.15.10, Day 45 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew! heartbreaking. The impact on the court should be immeasurable when considering how caring and altruistic Reeva was. Also in the distress and trauma the family are still feeling about the death and the manner in which she lost her life. If that doesn't get him at least 10 years, then nothing will. Pistorius family appeared unmoved, when most of us, all over the world and insulated behind our screens were in tears. I hope the court considers carefully and ensures that justice is done here.

Dream on.

:stormingmad:

I was also keeping a close eye on Janette Henzen du Toit .. what a peculiar thing she is .. I probably better not say anymore about her because I hate her almost as much as I hate Oscar Pistorius, but I really wonder about her level of intelligence ..

.. and if her facebook page is anything to go by ..

Would anyone like to guess what Roux is going ask KM? I'm still :thinking:

(((hate saying this))))

did Reeva have a bad dating record?? ((victim blamer that Roux will be of course))

I'm guessing at how many times she met OP to try and dismiss how little she actually knew him and the same question about if she knows how many times the Steenkamp's met him.

(((hate saying this))))

did Reeva have a bad dating record?? ((victim blamer that Roux will be of course))

.. but why would that make any difference whether she did or she didn't? Totally irrelevant, imo.

(((hate saying this))))

You mean, did she have a habit of being attracted to ****s like Pistorius?

(eta Blimey, I had to asterisk that word out myself!)

I'm guessing at how many times she met OP to try and dismiss how little she actually knew him and the same question about if she knows how many times the Steenkamp's met him.

.. but that also wouldn't (or shouldn't) have any bearing on the sentencing either .. this phase is about the impact it is having on the family from having lost their loved one, it's not about seeking the truth of what happened that night or anything leading up to it, or whether they knew OP .. they didn't have to know OP .. the fact is that he killed Reeva, and the family and friends are telling the court just how much she meant to them, and how they have been affected by OP killing her.

.. but why would that make any difference whether she did or she didn't? Totally irrelevant, imo.

couldn't agree with you more but he is a troublemaker......and wants to glorify OP even if it means degrading others in process JMHO

If he had a shred of human decency, he wouldn't ask her a single, solitary question!

How dare he think it's even remotely appropriate to cross-examine a bereaved family member! What could he possibly ask her????

Oh - and he feigned such sympathy! Gaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

couldn't agree with you more but he is a troublemaker......and wants to glorify OP even if it means degrading others in process JMHO

.. and in a real court, Nel would be able to stand up and say 'objection .. irrelevant' and the judge would uphold that .. sadly, this being a circus that won't happen :-/

If he had a shred of human decency, he wouldn't ask her a single, solitary question!

How dare he think it's even remotely appropriate to cross-examine a bereaved family member! What could he possibly ask her????

~rsbm~

Exactly! I can't see how he can possibly say anything .. it's ridiculous .. what a queer system this is, never seen anything like it!

I think Kim very capably brought home the absolute devastation Reeva's loss was for her entire family and friends. You could see that 20 months later, their pain is still raw. There's been no healing or closure or peace. For OP, all he's bothered about is his reputation (for which the media is to blame) and getting his career back. None of his family shed a tear today, not one. How could that be?

You mean, did she have a habit of being attracted to ****s like Pistorius?

(eta Blimey, I had to asterisk that word out myself!)

LOL! .. you mean you didn't intentionally point your fingers at the keyboard and type that word, the keyboard typed it all by itself, LOL! ;-)

watching this ''trial'' has been an eye opener for me -- very scary what passes as justice

Wow, Oscar radio gets a professor on to speak about the impact today's testimony of Reeva's cousin would have on Oscar. Get real, for 1 day can we please talk about the impact on the Steenkamp family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8