Trial Discussion Thread #56 - 14.15.10, Day 45 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BIB - that's because they are the mob.

No, they're a handful of people directly impacted by what their family member has done. They're allowed a full range of human emotions and they really don't owe you and the mob anything.

Upon "sentencing", no doubt the broken, grieving, depressive, traumatized OP will go celebrate at the VIP Room with his "cousin".

(Any bets as to how long it will be before he's involved in another "incident"?)

.. funny that one of his tweets further down is from corinthians and it says:

"it does not boast
it is not proud
it is not rude
it is not self-seeking
it is not easily angered
keeps no records of wrongs
does not delight in evil
rejoices with the truth
always protects
always trusts"

So then why do the Pistorius clan not practice what they preach?

Brilliant post - says it in a nutshell.

Different crime.
Different country.
Same principles.

Just plug in “Oscar Pistorius” instead of Ched Evans.

"The online campaign on Change.org hoping to stop League One side Sheffield United giving Evans a second chance is led by Jean Hatchet."

:floorlaugh:

You really couldn't make it up.

The small group of people I mentioned in my previous post, would include AV, the social worker. Notice how she used the word 'thereof' all the time? That is the language of high class lawyers in England (barristers). It's a hangover from Colonial days in South Africa. It not only signifies legal knowledge, it signifies class too, which is inextricably bound together in the English judicial system, at the moment. She used 'Thereof' all the time in her evidence.

The other words barristers use are 'herewith, therefore, thereto, My honourable, etc'.

AV the social worker was not only trying to signal her 'legal knowledge' with her 'thereof' evidence today, she was trying to signal her (and the Pistorian family's?) class. In my opinion.

And her crass gum-popping on the stand instantly burst that illusion, didn't it? :lol:

She was a horrible, horrible witness. Roux and crew must want their money back for her now utterly useless report.

I'm really not sure Carl Pistorius needs to show any consideration to Marc Batchelor et al to regret the loss of Reeva's life. All those people referenced in the Twitter joke have to some degree hurt Oscar Pistorius with their comments or testimony or lack or support or whatever. It's understandable that those among his family that love and support and believe Oscar resent their roles and see them as unjust. Not hard to understand.

For the Myers girls, he blasted their best friend to death so why the hell should they support him? They all think he's a lying murderer, whatever the verdict. Carl just comes across as a bogan with money, but what about the uncle? Say, for example, his tasteless comment about a Fiat versus a Lamborghini (or whatever car it was) after the heads of argument. Real classy and appropriate. Anyway, it's your right to defend their tweets and actions and mine to dislike them as a manipulative and creepy clan. Just out of interest, do you have any thoughts on the clain, unchallenged by the Pistorii, that Christian Carl tampered with evidence?

“[Prison] will not assist him but break him as a person,” - Annette Vergeer

(Like his Black Talons broke Reeva?)

As Oz’s good buddy, ex-con Kenny Kunene would say, SO WHAT?

No, they're a handful of people directly impacted by what their family member has done. They're allowed a full range of human emotions and they really don't owe you and the mob anything.

of course, but, if one of those family members had whisked away the killers phone and wiped it... just saying.

Why use the term 'the mob'? Who exactly are you referring to?

I'm really not sure Carl Pistorius needs to show any consideration to Marc Batchelor et al to regret the loss of Reeva's life. All those people referenced in the Twitter joke have to some degree hurt Oscar Pistorius with their comments or testimony or lack or support or whatever. It's understandable that those among his family that love and support and believe Oscar resent their roles and see them as unjust. Not hard to understand.

of course, but, if one of those family members had whisked away the killers phone and wiped it... just saying.
[again, op got lots of support from carl]

bbm
with this in mind, what do you think his family [and specifically carl] believe about oscar?

IMHO, the very worst, most dangerous people on earth hide behind money and religion.

It both enables and excuses every vile offense and sin.

Social pathology at its very finest.

According to you then, Gina Myers must be one of the 'mob'. Who denied them the full range of human emotions? Did you? Did I? No. However, it is crass and tasteless for them to publicly express those opinions when they know Reeva's family might come across them. Are Reeva's family and friends also the 'mob'? I think we've seen who has dignity and restraint and it certainly isn't OP's corrupt evidence-tampering family.

IMHO, the very worst, most dangerous people on earth hide behind money and religion.

It both enables and excuses every vile offense and sin.

Social pathology at its very finest.

yes, sadly it's a great cover for the sickest people on the planet.

Chris Rankin @chrisrankin Oct 14
So apparently Oscar Pistorius has been "publicly humiliated". Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that come with shooting someone?!

For the Myers girls, he blasted their best friend to death so why the hell should they support him? They all think he's a lying murderer, whatever the verdict. Carl just comes across as a bogan with money, but what about the uncle? Say, for example, his tasteless comment about a Fiat versus a Lamborghini (or whatever car it was) after the heads of argument. Real classy and appropriate. Anyway, it's your right to defend their tweets and actions and mine to dislike them as a manipulative and creepy clan. Just out of interest, do you have any thoughts on the clain, unchallenged by the Pistorii, that Christian Carl tampered with evidence?

Nobody is obligated to support Oscar, but neither is Oscar or anybody close to him obligated to wordlessly tolerate or support things they view as detrimental to him, to fairness or to truth. It goes both ways.

Roux's argument was, in fact, superior. Not hard to do when the facts are on your side. The state overcharged this case and hurt Oscar as a result and I understand why his family resents that and speaks out about it in various ways, including the analogy you noted. I'm not so much 'defending' their words and actions as saying that I understand where they come from, just as I understand completely the motivations and emotions of Gina Myers and her family.

The tampering claim is alleged and untested and we don't know what happened there. We don't know whether it was malevolent or what the motivation was or whether it was accidental or deliberate. We don't know what, if any, the impact was. Was anything relevant to justice deleted that wasn't recovered through other means? That would matter very much to me. In short, if the data was tampered with to thwart justice I would think that was criminal and wrong. If it was tampered with deliberately but only to protect Oscar's privacy or reputation or the privacy and reputation of others in a way that was not relevant to the case I would take a more understanding view of it.

According to you then, Gina Myers must be one of the 'mob'. Who denied them the full range of human emotions? Did you? Did I? No. However, it is crass and tasteless for them to publicly express those opinions when they know Reeva's family might come across them. Are Reeva's family and friends also the 'mob'? I think we've seen who has dignity and restraint and it certainly isn't OP's corrupt evidence-tampering family.

It's not crass and tasteless to defend their loved on or publicly express their opinions about people who have in their view harmed him. Anybody who values vengeance over truth and fairness is probably part of the mob. I have never heard a vengeful syllable uttered by any of the Steenkamps, so no, I don't expect they're part of the mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper