Trial Discussion Thread #56 - 14.15.10, Day 45 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AV: I went on a forensic report-writing course...we do have a standard performer.

N:...yet you're unable to explain what would deter others from the same crime.

I can actually understand using a pro-forma, but then you actually have to know and understand what you're talking about when you're using it!

Nel begging her to answer him, she just wants to read out from her report. Starts laughing?

“The defence team will give a statement to the court tomorrow regarding the accurate position.”

http://www.biznews.com/oscar-pistor...-payment-version-wrong-says-pistorius-family/

The article was published today but ...

"The State’s version on payments made by Oscar Pistorius to the parents of Reeva Steenkamp is not accurate, the Pistorius family’s spokeswoman said on Tuesday night.

“The version presented in court by Mr [Gerrie] Nel regarding the events of payment is not accurate,” Anneliese Burgess said.

“The defence team will give a statement to the court tomorrow regarding the accurate position.”

If we made a drinking game out of every time this witness says "I take note My Lady" - we'd all be schnockered by now, and we're only 35 minutes into Nel's cross of her this morning!

Add in the "I'm not a legal expert", "gang rape", "broken man" and we can play Oscar bingo with Annette too.

If we had made a drinking game out of every time this witness says "I take note My Lady" - we'd all be schnockered by now, and we're only 35 minutes into Nel's cross of her this morning!

I can see her sitting in a bar by herself tonight with a 3/4 empty bottle of scotch whilst mumbling Nels name over and over..

Oh Nel, please ask the thing about the deterrent properly .. you should be asking her why and how would a sentence of a house arrest and working with children would deter anyone else from committing the same crime .. I do think that Nel confuses the issue sometimes and isn't direct/clear enough with his questions.

N: The interesting choice-I ask you a question and you say 'I can only answer within my own framework'. In your report you said that about accused yesterday.

AV:...the way he expressed himself, the accused, from within his framework adhered.....

Then she mentions about OP firing at the door and Nel demands to know what OP told her about that.

N: Did he tell you he never intended to shoot?

AV: I can't recall Milady.

The_Citizen_Reporter ‏@CitiReporter 5m5 minutes ago

She smiled again.Nel warned her yesterday about taking this seriously.

Her sarcastic little laughs are getting on my nerves :maddening:

JMasipa should make her step down, honestly this is getting nowhere.

No Nel, this line of questioning is going to get you nowhere .. stop wasting time with it .. this is irrelevant for this particular part, this isn't the actual trial, the verdict has already been reached by the judge and he has to go with that at the mo, whether he likes it or not.

AV has gone back to reading from her own report instead of answering.

N: If you say he accepts he was negligent, what did he say?

AV: He says he fired the shots that killed the deceased.

Judge jumped in then, asking Nel if that's not the answer when he repats the question.

Getting emotional now. Nel brought up another case of hers. She says she is glad it has been brought up, then says she wishes it hadn't been. it's a sexual predator and she is hugely, hugely defensive about this.

AV: He did obtain community correction...I didn't award him with this, but I did in fact recommend this in my report....

How old is this witness???

she's sounds like a spoiled little brat

Don't know if it's just me, but I find myself getting really cross with Nel sometimes .. he keeps switching from really nailing a witness on something, and then goes on and on with something which is not relevant to the specific part of the proceedings and it just ends up muddying the waters.

I didn't catch the name of the criminal they are talking about...

No Nel, this line of questioning is going to get you nowhere .. stop wasting time with it .. this is irrelevant for this particular part, this isn't the actual trial, the verdict has already been reached by the judge and he has to go with that at the mo, whether he likes it or not.

I agree JayJay, but I think he wants her to concede that it's a serious crime yet she wants OP treated so leniently. She's not having any of it. JMasipa is not helping one iota!!! This is a circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokerhyme