Trial Discussion Thread #56 - 14.15.10, Day 45 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel just needs to get this woman off the stand. He has already destroyed her credibility, so move on!

Yep, all the good points he has been making are now becoming lost. I bet the judge has already forgotten about the availability of the baths in prison. Nel needs to keep this much tighter. I think this is where he went wrong during the trial itself.

The same state psychologists who do the sessions within a prison environment would surely be the same ones provided by the state even if he got a community service order and if she's trying to insist that he needs his own private psychologist then that psychologist could also do the session within a prison environment.

This is my first post but I have been reading all your posts with great interest , and thank you for all your insights as it has helped me a lot in understanding this case. What has prompted me to take the plunge and write my first post is this.... I have never seen or heard an advocate fight so hard on behalf of a grieving family, and to get justice for a deceased person who can no longer speak for themselves. Gerrie Nell has done everything he can, with passion, and I truly believe that he 100% KNOWS that Pistorius is guilty of murder, and is now fighting for her family to see justice done and get him put away

Hi! :welcome:

This is my first post but I have been reading all your posts with great interest , and thank you for all your insights as it has helped me a lot in understanding this case. What has prompted me to take the plunge and write my first post is this.... I have never seen or heard an advocate fight so hard on behalf of a grieving family, and to get justice for a deceased person who can no longer speak for themselves. Gerrie Nell has done everything he can, with passion, and I truly believe that he 100% KNOWS that Pistorius is guilty of murder, and is now fighting for her family to see justice done and get him put away

:welcome: Britmum, and I agree with you 100%. Nel is fighting a losing battle, but he soldiers on.

:welcome6:

an honest effort in a corrupt situation is always uphill

If funds are a problem he doesn't have to pay if he's in a prison. Hahaha.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 55 Sek. Vor 56 Sekunden

#OscarTrial Nel: the accused is unemployed and has no funds to pay for treatment - the court will do him a favour: free treatment in prison.
0 Antworten

Nel reading from her report where it's mentioned that an 'acceptable atmosphere' is needed when an accused is left in community. And that OP's current treatment would have inside prison. Asks if that means all criminals receiving treatment outside should be allowed to remain free.

And AV tripped up, saying about OP might not be able to pay his priivate fees. Nel immediately jumped in to get her to concede that in that case, court could do OP a favor by sending him to jail, where treatment is free.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 55 Sek. Vor 56 Sekunden

#OscarTrial Nel: the accused is unemployed and has no funds to pay for treatment - the court will do him a favour: free treatment in prison.
0 Antworten
Haha, wonderful!

Right, Nel has just managed to make his point about how .. if the defendant doesn't have the money any more to pay for private psychotherapy, it will make no difference whether he is at home or in prison, and that in fact it will be better for him in prison because he will get that service for free. And good, Nel stopped that line right after he made the point. But now, he and the witness will go on and on and on about some other aspect and the point he has just made will be lost. Again. Gahhhh! Nel, reign it in, be more clear, stick to the point and get the witness to stick to the point!

AV: We have to look at the totality...we cannot just say this is a serious case..

N: How would you do that? Decide if there's negligence in a case like this, culpable homicide? Then mentions JubJub, who did go to prison for running people down.

AV: But some people don't go to prison for that...

Nel talking Tataha case now? Judge asked how to spell it and I managed to miss Nel's reply.

Could this be one of Masipa's cases Nel has referred to.?

Milady intervenes to defend the indefensible.

EXACTLY. Shows us right where she is heading. She is siding with this totally incompetent 'expert.' OP will walk away a free man. :furious:

She knows a person who stole a slice of cheese and went to prison.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 1 Min. Vor 1 Minute

#OscarTrial Vergeer: society would want the accused punished, but it’s not in the hands of society. BB
0 Antworten
Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 2 Min. Vor 2 Minuten

#OscarTrial Nel: the accused caused the horrible death of the deceased - wouldn’t society want this person to be punished? BB

N: What you're recommending correctional supervision, house arrest?

AV:.... I would most definitely consider that as an option...

N: So accused would be free to attend events and travel?

AV: That's correct. People should be able to pursue a career....

Nel asks if she's aware lawyers get sent to prison. AV says she has dealt with a caase where someone who stole a slice of cheese was sent to prison.

???Surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members