Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Nel not resorting to sarcastic comment to Roux.

Oh come on - it's hardly a gaffe comparable to yesterday's expert witness succession of them.
Those gaffes (and lies, like how there are no baths in prison) are always conveniently ignored.

Mandy Wiener ‏@MandyWiener 2m2 minutes ago

#OscarTrial And enter stage left, taking a front row seat in the public gallery, Mikey Schultz.

David Dadic
‏@DavidDadic
Not sure I accept the "our prisons are not that bad" (not that it's supposed to be easy), but he made for a good witness.

Did anyone hear the joke Roux made? I couldn't make it out.

The court laughed when Roux corrected Nel and the judge asked Nel to "rephrase" his question.

Masipa was smiling too and Nel suggested he did not think what he said was funny or a joke: "I thought of making a sarcastic remark, but I didn't."

Interesting court dynamics. Roux's team bent heads together and carried on smiling.

Those gaffes (and lies, like how there are no baths in prison) are always conveniently ignored.

I'll just give the benefit of the doubt that they see and acknowledge that others here catch the mutlitudes of gaffes made by the majority of the defence witnesses, including rthe convicted killer.

Did anyone catch the name of that disease Roux was putting forth? I heard TB mentioned but there was another one just before that which sounded like 'diverticulitis' .. surely I misheard?

tuberculosis ??

David Smith ‏@SmithInAfrica 5m5 minutes ago

Roux, sarcastic: Perhaps Mr Nel should take the oath, it would save us all time? Nel: "I didn't find that funny."

J: Just a general interest question...you referred to skills training, are these mandatory, or options?

They have a chat about that. Optional, unless court makes an order, I think.

Witness steps down. Nel asks court to stand down until 2 and he will finalize tomorrow, for certain.

Adjourned.

Mandy Wiener ‏@MandyWiener 7m7 minutes ago

Nel takes issue with Roux's sarcasm. This has really become personal between these two who have a long history as adversaries.

Masipa looks through notes... Silence in court. She asks Modise a "general interest" question.

Judge asks Modise if skills training in prison mandatory? He says some programmes are.

Adjourned until 2.00

It may just be playing to the gallery but I'd like to think that Masipa's last few comments and questions have Mr Pistorius a little concerned.

Zwiebel won't miss much after all - a two hour adjournment :)

This man is a good witness and sounds honest and direct in explaining generally what is policy throughout the country. As the head of the National Correctional Service he is not going to say that his policies are not being followed to the letter in many prisons, or even scarcely available.
What is outrageous is the examination in every minor detail, in open court, of what is 'suitable' for OP who is not infectious, as far as we know, nor disabled as in being immobile or can't look after his own personal care. I've never heard anything so ridiculous. As someone said up post, it's like selecting a hotel.
The court should be informed by a separate report whether a hospital, psychiatric or otherwise, is suitable for a prisoner with specific (serious) special needs and an order made accordingly to avoid wasting time in court.

David Dadic
‏@DavidDadic
Must say I would have thought Roux would have more to throw at the witness. Doctor's consultation time?

I have to read back and see if my workmen caused me to miss anything interesting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay