Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
22 cells 7 occupied.....(room for OP)

M listing the people he spoke to for Roux. They are all in court. I just cannot catch the surnames.

R: What info did you get from Joe?

M: 'the hosp has 5 communal wards, one shower and one bath'....went on to say how many single cells etc

R: Only one doc for whole prison. How many prisoners?

M: I don't have the figures....

R: Just roughly?

M: About 7,000

R: So one doctor for 7,000 offenders?

Think Roux missed a point there. Not only is there one doctor for the 7000 but the doctor only works day shift.

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/showbiz-17881-Pistorius+promised+rough+prison+ride/showbiz.aspx

Speaking from a call box in the prison a gang leader, nicknamed The General, told the Sun that Pistorius could expect a rough ride if he attempts to use his celebrity and wealth to secure ease and safety behind bars.

"Anyone who thinks they can come here and live like a king, will have a hit on their head," Khalil Subjee, leader of the notorious 26s gang told the newspaper.

"If he thinks he is going to buy his way to computers and mobile phones, he must know that will never happen as long as I am around," said Subjee, 47, who is serving a life sentence.

"He's likely to get preferential treatment as the authorities will be in trouble if something bad happens," said Muntingh.

M explains there are other, non permanent docs

R: There are five psychologists for 7,000 inmates.

Witness agrees. Roux goes on about the mix between sentenced and awaiting sentence prisoners. M says it is 'not quite correct'.

How tacky and insensitive that a defense lawyer or whoever should publicly use a court to wish happy birthday to the presiding Judge which resulted in appreciative clapping and cheering in the court room. My goodness Reeva's poor family who are sitting there in grief must be absolutely disgusted with this total farce of a trial.

Agree. The judge is there in her legal professional capacity, not her personal life IMO.

How inaccurate of the judge to mix up counsel and say the Roux asked for birthday wishes.

Why did she think it was defence that wished the court 'Happy Birthday" minutes ago - seems worrying that the presiding court official Judge Masipa cannot remember a recent event...and thanks the defence for something they did not do?

R: How many patients in hospital section?

M only knows that 7 single cells are occupied, doesn't know how many in communal wards. He doesn't know how many patients have TB either.

And now judge's question has revealed Roux is reading from something he found on the internet about TB.

Oh for god's sake .. if catching a disease in prison is a reason for not sending criminals to prison, then it should apply to all prisoners and no-one would ever be in prison! All this type of reasoning is just nuts.

k ‏@kaycbez 9m9 minutes ago being confronted in a tiny room with no escape an afraid for you life.. Reeva didn't get a choice, why should he?

ZM says that at Pretoria Central, there are 22 single cells, of which seven are occupied. There are seven nurses during day, two at night.

Roux says there are 5 psychologists, one doctor, for 7 000 inmates.

ZM says an offender can approach unit head if he feels need to see a psychologist.

Roux: I'm told that there is mix of awaiting trial and sentenced prisoners in jail hospital.

ZM: That's not incorrect.

Roux is asking what the patients in the hospital wing suffer from. 'ZM doesnt know. Roux says many in jail suffer from TB.

Roux says he will refer to a report.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Live/LIVE-Pistorius-sentencing-day-4-20141016

How inaccurate of the judge to mix up counsel and say the Roux asked for birthday wishes.

Why did she think it was defence that wished the court 'Happy Birthday" minutes ago - seems worrying that the presiding court official Judge Masipa cannot remember an event minutes ago...and thanks the defence for something they did not do?
Kind of proves that she's not really paying attention. What a surprise.

So now there are bad people in prison and ill people in hospital. Next one has to be there is justice in the justice system :eek:

Sorry, I have workmen in the house for next half hour so my posts will be erratic.

R: Whatever way we see it, there's only one doctor?

M: Miladdy, I've already indicated that....

Is anybody going to be surprised if they ask about the quality of the toilet roll?

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/showbiz-17881-Pistorius+promised+rough+prison+ride/showbiz.aspx

Speaking from a call box in the prison a gang leader, nicknamed The General, told the Sun that Pistorius could expect a rough ride if he attempts to use his celebrity and wealth to secure ease and safety behind bars.

"Anyone who thinks they can come here and live like a king, will have a hit on their head," Khalil Subjee, leader of the notorious 26s gang told the newspaper.

"If he thinks he is going to buy his way to computers and mobile phones, he must know that will never happen as long as I am around," said Subjee, 47, who is serving a life sentence.

"He's likely to get preferential treatment as the authorities will be in trouble if something bad happens," said Muntingh.

'The Sun'? Oh, so Roux DID mean the UK's 'Star' then .. :floorlaugh: .. no-one in the UK treats The Sun, The Star, The Mail, The Mirror as serious newspapers .. they are the butt of many jokes!

Anyone know what a "gene expert machine" is... or did I hear that wrong?

Roux wants a list of medical equipment/diagnostic machines......witness does not have that information
Roux is concerned about long time exposure to other people who are sick and its impact
witness indicates that TB patients have isolation and medical care
one resident doctor
have access to outside hospitals
seriously ill people are able to be moved to outside hospitals.
food is delivered to the cells if inmates are unable to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member