Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I get back and it's done!

Where are the aggravation witnesses? Where is reminder that four shots through a door in a confined space is gross negligence rather than simple negligence? Where's the reminder of Pistorius ongoing control and alcohol incidents?

Ah, this trial slays me sometimes. Still, two great State witnesses, little rebuttal from cross which is somewhat of a success - though there is nothing there that will sway Judge Masipa. I think her mind was set the minute she heard Pistorius retching "remorse."

The public should have had two more State witnesses though, I would have suggested Trish Taylor and expert Brigadier Gerard Labuschagne (police investigative psychologist) to provide aggravation context.

Is Friday the day for Milady to finally say what she could have said on Monday? Funny....this trial and the whole charade has turned me off from ever considering a visit to South Africa....not that it was ever high on my list.

I had heard about the fear of crime in South Africa before, but that is present in a lot of places. But I was thinking that Pistorius' crime, and the way it has been handled by the judicial system, has really damaged SA's image now. It's giving the impression of a lawless society, and that's what can really impact a tourist industry. It's such a shame. OP may end up costing his country billions.

Someone on twitter believes this is the appropriate sentence for OP...........Spend 40hrs/week 4 5yrs in Mortuary, receive & wash corpses, dress 'em for collection

Mandy Wiener @MandyWiener
Follow

Prosecution must have looked at the risk of calling Mortimer, Taylor etc and decided not worth it. Roux would have had a field day.
2:21 PM - 16 Oct 2014

Someone on twitter believes this is the appropriate sentence for OP...........Spend 40hrs/week 4 5yrs in Mortuary, receive & wash corpses, dress 'em for collection

In this case he has nonstop to change his shirt and to wash his hands ....!!

I wish Roux could be held to that by JMasipa, I bet he will give it to Nel 9am tomorrow, I hope I'm wrong.

Nel and his team really work hard for every cent they are paid, imo.

Yes, Roux is sneaky - I'll bet he lodges his Heads at Court long before he serves them on Nel, so that Milady has enough time to digest them in advance, whilst Nel has to do another last minute rush job.

Mind you, rather than wait on the Defence, I suppose Nel does have the option of preparing his own draft Heads straightaway and perfecting them when he receives the Defence's submissions.

wow lots of heavyweights got beef with pistorius

I think I posted this on the last thread, but if not ...

In Court yesterday

“A number of colourful and controversial characters from South Africa's criminal underworld have joined the public benches since the lengthy sentencing hearing got under way.

Mikey Schultz, a self-confessed killer, and Guil Yahav, a former bouncer who also faced murder charges, sat on the side of the court which has traditionally been occupied by Miss Steenkamp's friends and relatives”.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...ntencing-hearing-reeva-steenkamp-killing.html

And then we have Marc Batchelor who is a good friend of Jared Mortimer. It’s interesting to note that Anneliese said OP was there with his cousin. What she didn’t mention was that Guil Yahav was also with them.

Here’s the connection between all these people.

OP was accompanied to VIP night club with a cousin and Yahav.
Yahav introduced OP to Mortimer.
Mortimer is a of Yahav and Batchelor.
Batchelor is friends with Mortimer, Mikey Schultz and Quinton Van der Burgh.

When OP went to the London Olympics, Sam Taylor went to Dubai with Quinton Van der Burgh. When OP returned home and found out about it he confronted Van der Burgh in the VIP room at the Kyalami racetrack where Van der Burgh was with a large number of businessmen who invest in his companies. Van der Burgh laid a charge of defamation or intimidation against OP. OP retaliated by sending him a barrage of threatening SMS messages.

When Batchelor heard about this a few days later, he began defending Van der Burgh. Batchelor and OP exchanged threats via SMS and in one of these, OP threatened to break Van der Burgh’s legs. A charge of intimidation was laid against Batchelor after he allegedly threatened OP in return. They both met up with the Hawks who were investigating the intimidation charge and the matter was resolved.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/i-will-break-your-legs-blade-runner-1.1427618#.VD4MmSxxnBw

Batchelor, Schultz and Yahav probably turned up with a view to intimidating OP by their mere presence, or maybe to remind him that they’ll be waiting for him when he’s back on the streets.

Ulrich Roux @ulrichroux
Follow

Good move by Nel not to call any witnesses re Oscar's character, would've been too much dirt for defence to cross examine on. #OscarTrial
2:20 PM - 16 Oct 2014

So angry the states sentencing phase was deliberately hijacked by Aimee Pistorius. AP was the instigator in this whole farce........................

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 3 hrs 3 hours ago
#OscarTrial Aimee’s concern with Schultz sitting on the bench is that it may create the impression that “they’re associated with us”.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 48 mins 48 minutes ago
#OscarTrial Pistorius has entered the dock. Walked past Mortimer without hassle

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 46 mins 46 minutes ago
#OscarTrial Pistorius having a good laugh with Roux. Things don’t seem too serious.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 37 mins 37 minutes ago
#OscarTrial counsel is in chambers - possibly discussing the incident before the adjournment.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 36 mins 36 minutes ago
#OscarTrial the Pistorius family has apparently asked Roux to take up the matter and have Schultz and crew booted from court.

Alex Crawford @AlexCrawfordSky
Follow

#PistoriusTrial Mark Batchelor sd just before entering courtroom; We dont want revenge, we want justice.'
2:05 PM - 16 Oct 2014

I think if OP is given a non-custodial sentence there is a chance that his life will be in danger if he is seen out enjoying himself. Not necessarily by Schultz et al as that would be too obvious but there is such anger in SA that he appears to have gotten away with murder. SA is a gun toting society and murders are rife.

I am listening to the Oscar Channel on Radio 702 on an iPad. There is an App for it and I am having no problems though this morning there were very short (a few seconds) here and there.

Have you got a link for it? I've tried Oscar Radio on my smartphone but not getting any sound from that but I can find Radio 702 and that does seem to play live streams but I can't find the Oscar channel lol.

www.702.za - apparently on the afternoon drive show this Mikey Schultz will be being interviewed. 4.30 pm SA time

Nastasya Tay @NastasyaTay · 1 Min. Vor 1 Minute

It appears that m'lady is partial to red velvet cake, with slices floating around chambers. Happy birthday, Judge Masipa. #OscarPistorius

OP's clan want to decide who can and who can't attend court, and the exact details of OP's possible incarceration? Why is this being allowed? He's a bloody killer, not a hero, or an idol, just a killer who destroyed Reeva's family. Treat him as such. He is not special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech