Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel looking for something.

N: I was remiinded by pg 38...Long Pause.......

N: I find it v. difficult why court wld deal with this accused differently (in case of employment). We don't even have a suggestion in this case....he may go back to athletics, may not; may work for his uncle, may not. it's the duty of the court to consider this - what will he do if court releases him. Just sit at home?

66 guests maybe someone will remind Nel that Reeva was studious as well as ambitious she had direction

Of COURSE no one's going to take his legs away.

They're going to be glued on!

Nel asks court to 'reject with contempt' suggestion that OP's legs would be taken away from him in prison. It's illegal.

Nel asks that the court look at person, crime, sentence, that's it duty. If there's a problem with prison after, 'We'll come back'.

We have FOUR shots fired by someone competent with a gun. Go Nel!

I was hoping he was going to add that OP had to pass a test in order to get his firearms licence .. maybe he will later .. but probably not :-/

From Guardian:

Nel disputes claims that Pistorius’s prosthetic legs could be taken from him in prison. But, he adds, “with respect”, it is not the court’s role to decide on prison conditions, only on a suitable sentence.

If prisons can’t cater for him, we’ll come back to court, he says.

Not just not POSSESS a firearm, again, but also not to handle one, be near one, etc., yes??

Roux saying there's a bench in the shower. Masipa saying not same thing as rails.

When Nel said, "ten years," I swear to g@d that Carl was slightly snig-gering.

Nel quotes: 'It may become important reconciling victim and offender' that defense used: 'But that's a small case.'

Now Nel requests that whatever happens, he requests that OP should never have a gun license. Judge asks 'Doesn't that happen automatically?'

Nel steps down. Judge asks how long he wants OP to get. Nel (almost apologetically) asks for 10 years minimum.

And now Roux up again?! Saying a bench is OP's rail in his bathroom? WTH.

Go JM!!!! Surely a bench is different from a railing? BOOM!!!!!

I didn't know defense allowed to get up and rebut state's closing! This is dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper