Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointing out OP's own shower had no railings, and Masipa actually making notes.

Yay! No railings in his shower....love you Mr Nel.

We've seen OP's dad in court for awhile now.

It really looks to me like a guy who's not all there or something's wrong or something.

When a dad (or mom) has problems, their kids growing up get screwed up because they/we assume the problem or failing is US. We have no perspective to see that it's our parent that is lacking or defective.

Just my thoughts.

N: Court took into account accused fears and disabilities in verdict; shouldn't take it into account in sentencing too......

Nel says OP using 'disability on call', when it suits him. Says argument of no handrails in prison disingenuous - he went thrru photos of OP's house last night and could not see any rails there.

And now talking about OP going clubbing during trial.

Good. Pointing out that going to a nightclub not indicative of remorse.

Good shot nel,,,,no railings at home mylady writing something when he said that

Strange moment when both Carl and Oscar Pistorius are seen with heads bowed as if they are ignoring and uncaring of the withering argument from Nel:

“ The extent of the accused was a deviation from normal conduct…his conduct was so close to dolus eventualis. So clearly in response… to be violent negligence…We are not dealing with assault, we are not dealing with motor vehicular…we are dealing with someone firing a shot into a door while knowing someone was there.”

“The unanswered strange things…” of Pistorius versions characterized by Judge Masipa judgement, concerns Nel.

Nel says the court has heard repeatedly from the accused defence: “Please don’t break the accused. Please be merciful, please don’t break the accused.”

But he thinks with Pistorius, it was a “deliberate” act that was devastating: “Broke that family, they are innocent. The accused wants us to believe that I [Pistorius] am a victim. The media victimized me.”…”yet when I wanted the media to highlight what an amazing athlete” the media was used for advantageous reasons.

“We use the handicap as a handicap on the court.” Nel thinks the way Pistorius and the defense use his handicap needed for the prison's, while he hypocritically did not have the same needs in his own home, is "disingenuous".

Also, his bathroom/shower is a 100% tile floor, yes??

(Or does OP have special shower legs?)

Nel asks that AV's evvidence about prisons be disregarded as unreliable. Says SA system satisfies international requirements: 'it was laughable when she testified she visited ?? prison once, two years ago'.

Aislinn Laing @Simmoa
Follow
Nel's attack on Pistorius is vicious, and is raising blood pressure on the family benches, OP's father Henke clearing his throat angrily.

N: Tha accused attempted to isolate his needs.... from any other prisoner's....to say, 'I think it would be a terrible place to go' is not an argument.

JM is going to lean HEAVILY on Vermeer, I think. Why? Because she's also a social worker.

SW's I know have a particularly holistic, caring approach to everything.

N: Lots of heads concentrated on media, even suggested it made an unfair trial....media can only affect you if you follow it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member