Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel has been outstanding today! Wish he had brought up a few of those points during the trial though but he can always use them in an appeal

Ooooh, Nel is saying if they want to rely on 'bad media' argument, he will want to call on global release of a re-enactment video (one made by defense?)

Judge interjects and says she is going to diregard all that argument from defense anyhow.

So we now know Judge Masipa did know about the video that was never brought up during the trial!

Aislinn Laing @Simmoa
Follow
Nel's attack on Pistorius is vicious, and is raising blood pressure on the family benches, OP's father Henke clearing his throat angrily.

Vicious?? I don't think it's vicious, is it?

N: Saying, 'Pls take into account the accused is a victim because the whole world saw all his versions' is not an argument.

Am I right in thinking that JM 'seems' to be listening and taking lots more notes from Nel's heads?

Nel just said he asks for a long period of detention and is now discussing paras, pages with judge.

Mandy Wiener @MandyWiener · 11s 11 seconds ago
#OscarTrial Significant from Masipa - she's effectively striking that whole argument from defence about how media has impacted Oscar.

We have FOUR shots fired by someone competent with a gun. Go Nel!

N: It (evidence statement) says, 'it's clear even to Mr Foster he did not intend to shoot someone'....if there was an attempt to scare, that wld have been totally different; if there were shots fired at the wall..but there was not. There were four shots fired straight into the door. If there had been one, it might have been understandable..

No matter what the sentence is, I'm going to REALLY be sad if there is no appeal.

Vicious?? I don't think it's vicious, is it?

no, not at all imo.

Nel is doing wonderfully, he has brought up everything we thought would never see the light of day. JM is really listening now, Nel is making sense, maybe, more than ever before. JM needs it spelled out, no blank spaces as was the case during the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech