Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not assume that to question is to criticize. It's not. I just want to understand::

Accepted that the Steenkamps needed the money...

1.Regarding monthly $$ their lawyer asked for and they accepted on a monthly basis until now...

Why did he go to them and ask? They thought her death was an accident and so...... what?

2. Why wouldn't family or friends offer to help them out? Kim said everyone knew they had no money and Reeva helped them out.

3. Do you guys in South Africa know if there's a welfare system there, as in the US?
(We can get monthly money, food coupons, and free health care from the government SIMPLY because we have no money, sort of.)

4. Do you guys in South Africa know if there's Social Security there, as in the US?
(We get monthly money and free health care from the government SIMPLY because we are 65 - until we die. [..we've paid into it all our working lives])

As usual, who can give me some help on these questions. I REALLY want to know.

Lois sitting with a disdainful smirk on her face.

N: I always hear pleas in court, please don't break him.......I find it's strange he is presented as victim of the media....it was okay when he was a sporting icon....he's not a victim. He caused it.

If OP was TRULY remorseful ( he's not) wouldn't one expect that he would have been sobbing uncontrollably the whole time Kim was speaking??? I don't think he even pretended to have a moist eye.

N: An aggravating factor that overshadows all cases defense quoted is in court records.....accused armed himself and went towards the bathroom...not necessarily with the intention to kill......

Nel then quotes where OP said 'I went with the intention to shoot'.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 2 Min. Vor 2 Minuten

The double-edged sword of celebrity - media is the lifeblood, but decried when covering negative aspects of the celebrity.
0 Antworten
Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 2 Min. Vor 2 Minuten

#OscarTrial Nel: media victimised him? great when the media catches his brilliant performance; by when write on trial they’re unfair. BB
0 Antworten

Mandy Wiener @MandyWiener
Follow
#OscarTrial Nel really cutting through the clutter here arguing that the crux is that OP armed himself and fired a gun four times.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 5s 6 seconds ago
#OscarTrial Nel: we don’t have an accused who came to court and was honest - he was a poor witness with a plethora of versions. BB

Arnold sit up and listen to your perceived cheap little Fiat, high priced Mercedes are not always worth the big money !

Nel speaaks about the 'other end of the spectrum' where, opposed to momentary negligence, an accused deliberately shot ssomeone but state could not prove its case......accused was not honest, it's not clear to me, what his version was....anyone close to this accused knows he will not admit he purposefully fired into that door

A worrying point I think Roux got across was if he was hospitalised then he will be seen as getting special treatment by the other prisoners. I thought at the time Roux was quite clever boxing the prison official into that statement but equally, Judge Masipa should know if OP walks away from this, he'll be considered as getting special treatment from the judiciary.

I thought he said that all prisoners with disabilities go to the hospital section?

Did I miss it?

Nel is really doing well IMO. I like what I'm hearing. Clear, concise, honest and staying within the findings of Masipa's judgment (bet he's gutted to do this).

N: Remorse; I'm not convinced of that, and that's my submission.

N: The fact he's sorry she's dead is not remorse.

A plethora of versions and a plethora of defences! It should be of concern to Judge Masipa that OP's defences switched whenever one wasn't going right for him.

Nel is saying he's remorseful that she's dead, but not for what's done.

N: Remorse would be if accused had told court, 'I'm sorry I shot her through that toilet door, I'm sorry I killed her'.

andrew harding @BBCAndrewH · 55s 56 seconds ago
Spoke to assessor in break, who explained that she and colleague can advise Judge re sentence, but don't have a vote. #OscarPistorius

I don't trust the female assessor, I think Masipa relies on her too much

I thought he said that all prisoners with disabilities go to the hospital section?

Did I miss it?

They all go to the hospital section first to be assessed but don't necessarily stay within the hospital section but Mr Modise emphatically stated that OP would reside in the hospital section should he be given a prison term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member