Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, being an expat South African now living in the States, I am very deeply embarrassed and disturbed about the whole court proceedings - from the judge that couldn't hear properly who chose to believe a liar, to the translator who got significant things wrong (a kin to the sign language translator at Mandela's funeral), to the police who botched the investigation and the incompetence of most witnesses called by the defense. I cannot bring myself to bear in mind that this is the absolute best that South Africa has to offer. Gerrie Nel, for the most part did an excellent job, but I still think he missed some significant opportunities to prove OP was lying - a good example was when OP testified that he "was.....asking Reeva why she is....calling the police?"

I am just so gobsmacked that here we are, awaiting the sentencing, most of us know what happened that night, but it seems the one person who SHOULD know what happened (Judge Masipa) doesn't!

The only glimmer of hope I have is the fact that masipa actually bothered to ask Nel how much time he recommends. It is clutching straws, sure, but it is the only grain of hope we have to hold on to!

On Tuesday morning, I will get up at 1am local time to hear the outcome of this - I won't be able to sleep anyway.

Hugs to all of you faithful websleuthers!!!

OP also said to Nel during cross that he & Roux "reworked" his story after bail or hearing prosecution witnesses (can't quite remember when). Nel did pick up on it but OP corrected himself and said he meant reviewed or something like that. To me that was a clear indictator of tailoring evidence. I wish Nel had made more of it but not sure where it would have got him.

If anyone feels like a bit of masochism Carl's been busy tweeting again. The link is to his account, the quotes below are a couple of the fruits of his busy thumbs but there's more. The 'scent' one is just weird (did Jesus wear Hugo Boss?) and the Hulk one I don't even get what it means. Plus is it written by the Hulk as in the cartoon character or the Hulk as in CP's moniker for himself? Think it must be the latter as it doesn't make sense but he probably think it's profound.

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius · 9h 9 hours ago
The fragrance of ur unconditional love 4 me @AimeePistorius @OscarPistorius is the sweetest scent afta Christ I know.

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius · 22h 22 hours ago
"A heart of GRATITUDE is taught, and only ever possible in a place of humility." - the HULK

What a pair of hypocrites those Pistorian boys are.

I am not a Christian, and I am not convinced Jesus actually existed - but if he did, I am pretty sure a great humanitarian like him would be sickened at having his name used by this pair.

Both liars and both deceivers. Wasn't Jesus rather disparaging about that kind of behaviour?

I wish I believed in heaven and hell, because I am pretty sure I know where this disgusting pair would end up.

Although I do find Incredible Twonk Carl's tweets unintentionally hilarious.

He is a total dunderhead. Can't spell, and too dim to understand that Nietzsche, of all people, would not mean god when talking about "fathers".

Ha ha!

I am not a Christian, and I am not convinced Jesus actually existed - but if he did, I am pretty sure a great humanitarian like him would be sickened at having his name used by this pair.

Both liars and both deceivers. Wasn't Jesus rather disparaging about that kind of behaviour?

I wish I believed in heaven and hell, because I am pretty sure I know where this disgusting pair would end up.

I've got to stop reading it, lol, it's making me angry! You're so right though, they're hypocrites and liars. It goes to show social media can be used to project an image that is far from the truth. jmo

I'm not either but one of my nieces is, very much so, but she's nothing like these two. Whenever I am complaining to her about fundamentalists (these two aren't) or hypocrites who hide behind their religion (these two most definitely are) she always has a handy biblical quote or two to point out how they'll be judged the harshest. Trouble is the likes of the Pistorii just brush all that aside. I also wish it were true as it so often seems there's no proper justice or judgements here on earth. It's also why I can't believe in karma much as I would like to - there are too many people it never seems to catch up with though to be honest I only have a vague pop-culture idea of what it really is. Maybe one day there will be a cockroach scuttling around thinking 'I used to be Rupert Murdoch!'. :)

"JOHANNESBURG - The correctional services department on Monday denied reports that it had already prepared a cell for paralympian Oscar Pistorius at the Kgosi Mampuru II prison."

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/cell-ready-and-waiting-oscar-not-bit-it-says-correctional-services

I would think this would make the most sense.

J.Marsipa is surely going to keep her decision on sentencing very "close to the vest" until Tuesday morning. And if 6 of the 7 cells on that floor are sitting there empty, then no need whatsoever to instruct the facility "to ready a cell" and then hand out the name of the incoming prisoner that hasn't been sentenced yet. .....and how does one "ready a prison cell" anyway? Embroider OP's initials on the linens? Stock it with 60" screen TV and Playstation 4 that Uncle Arnold had ordered? Mint on the pillow? . . . Perhaps a GREEN BUCKET? He may need that for the first few nights. (Although, I'm of the strong belief that all of his vomiting was for show. He stated in an interview long ago, that he didn't think a training session was considered good, if he hadn't thrown up after - something along those lines. So he is use to constantly vomiting. And if the workout didn't produce it naturally, I am guessing over the years, OP figured out how to instantly produce desired outcome. Which worked well for him in court. YES - he did regret he was in hot water & that he killed Reeva....but not enough to make a grown man vomit, in court, as often as him, 1+ years later. Ridiculous behavior. And then add in him "plugging his ears" with his fingers during court - was just so infantile, in my opinion. If Reeva's Mom could sit there in court & see & hear all that she did - and not vomit, then certainly the boyfriend of barely a couple months could too.)

Additionally: If OP is incarcerated ....there is no way he will be treated like the rest of the prisoners. Employees of the prison will be privately paid to get him whatever Uncle arranges, and to make darn sure he is not touched or messed with. . . . but it will still be prison & incarceration, which I hope is the sentence he'll receive.

I'm not either but one of my nieces is, very much so, but she's nothing like these two. Whenever I am complaining to her about fundamentalists (these two aren't) or hypocrites who hide behind their religion (these two most definitely are) she always has a handy biblical quote or two to point out how they'll be judged the harshest. Trouble is the likes of the Pistorii just brush all that aside. I also wish it were true as it so often seems there's no proper justice or judgements here on earth. It's also why I can't believe in karma much as I would like to - there are too many people it never seems to catch up with though to be honest I only have a vague pop-culture idea of what it really is. Maybe one day there will be a cockroach scuttling around thinking 'I used to be Rupert Murdoch!'. :)

Hee hee!

Most Christians I know are repulsed by this kind of flagrant hypocrisy. Being a Christian means living like one...not just saying you are and then quoting bits of the Bible.

But, I do take heart from what is becoming clearer and clearer...that the vast majority of right thinking people believe OP is guilty and deserves prison time. If he escapes with a few years of being grounded at his plush home, then there will be outrage.

The life he had before is gone. No more showing off with his guns, houses and cars. No more automatic respect everywhere he goes. He'll be whispered about when he's seen, and it'll be "Look, there's that murderer who got away with it". His gigantic ego will be unable to cope and he'll become bitter, angry and defensive - a horrible way to live.

His only chance now is to shut up with the whining and, not only accept his punishment, but to embrace it. He owes that much to Reeva and he should acknowledge that. Anything less is unnacceptable.

Hee hee!

Most Christians I know are repulsed by this kind of flagrant hypocrisy. Being a Christian means living like one...not just saying you are and then quoting bits of the Bible.

But, I do take heart from what is becoming clearer and clearer...that the vast majority of right thinking people believe OP is guilty and deserves prison time. If he escapes with a few years of being grounded at his plush home, then there will be outrage.

The life he had before is gone. No more showing off with his guns, houses and cars. No more automatic respect everywhere he goes. He'll be whispered about when he's seen, and it'll be "Look, there's that murderer who got away with it". His gigantic ego will be unable to cope and he'll become bitter, angry and defensive - a horrible way to live.

His only chance now is to shut up with the whining and, not only accept his punishment, but to embrace it. He owes that much to Reeva and he should acknowledge that. Anything less is unnacceptable.

Yes I agree with you - in one way or another he will pay for what he did and in fact in many ways that has already started for the reasons you say. I know a public fall from grace is not the same as a correct (IMO) verdict and appropriate prison sentence but it's likely going to have to be the next best thing. I'm sure all the acclaim, hero worship, best seats in the house, invites to the swankiest parties etc meant a lot to him and I'd say that's all gone. The career is over, the sponsors will avoid him like the plague, the sports presenter role he could maybe have slipped into post running career will never come his way now. He'll still be a 'somebody' but for all the wrong reasons - a VIP as in Very Infamous Person, which as you say will be a horrible way to live. He may have beaten the murder charge but I think it will turn out to be a hollow victory and he could well have been better off to come clean and take his punishment and that way he could have perhaps won back at least some of the respect he once had. Now, I think there's buckleys of that ever happening.

I would think this would make the most sense.

J.Marsipa is surely going to keep her decision on sentencing very "close to the vest" until Tuesday morning. And if 6 of the 7 cells on that floor are sitting there empty, then no need whatsoever to instruct the facility "to ready a cell" and then hand out the name of the incoming prisoner that hasn't been sentenced yet. .....and how does one "ready a prison cell" anyway? Embroider OP's initials on the linens? Stock it with 60" screen TV and Playstation 4 that Uncle Arnold had ordered? Mint on the pillow? . . . Perhaps a GREEN BUCKET? He may need that for the first few nights. (Although, I'm of the strong belief that all of his vomiting was for show. He stated in an interview long ago, that he didn't think a training session was considered good, if he hadn't thrown up after - something along those lines. So he is use to constantly vomiting. And if the workout didn't produce it naturally, I am guessing over the years, OP figured out how to instantly produce desired outcome. Which worked well for him in court. YES - he did regret he was in hot water & that he killed Reeva....but not enough to make a grown man vomit, in court, as often as him, 1+ years later. Ridiculous behavior. And then add in him "plugging his ears" with his fingers during court - was just so infantile, in my opinion. If Reeva's Mom could sit there in court & see & hear all that she did - and not vomit, then certainly the boyfriend of barely a couple months could too.)

Additionally: If OP is incarcerated ....there is no way he will be treated like the rest of the prisoners. Employees of the prison will be privately paid to get him whatever Uncle arranges, and to make darn sure he is not touched or messed with. . . . but it will still be prison & incarceration, which I hope is the sentence he'll receive.

Thanks for your post! :smile:
Perhaps they should prepare a green bucket with print on top: "You don't need to puke - it's all over!"

I’ve spent the weekend reading the legal experts and their interpretation of the HOA. The way I understand it they expect an appeal from Nel, unless OP faces a very hard sentence. So that’s positive.

If it’s true and OP might share a part of the prison with Radovan Krejcir - I say good luck to him. Krejcir is a nasty piece of work, a real psychopath. I speak Czech and I have followed his case over the years. IMO Krejcir’s case is a huge flop in SA justice system.

Krejcir was about to be arrested in the Czech Republic in 2005. He escaped with his wife and son and arrived to SA in 2007. He was immediately arrested (he was followed the by the Interpol and members of Czech secret service were at the airport). The Czech authorities expected he would be extradited within weeks - but SA refused (he applied for an asylum there).

So he has been living happily in SA ever since - 12 people "around him" have been killed in SA. He was sentenced to 11 years in the CR (fraud) in the mean time, but SA decided they wouldn’t extradite him. He was finally arrested in SA in november 2013, his trial is expected to start in june 2015.

We will look after Oscar, say jailbirds.

According to several prisoners at Kgosi Mampuru II prison, OP’s fears about his wellbeing in prison are unwarranted. They said his fame will give him his protection and his money will allow him to buy the necessaries in order to barter. He needs to associate with the "right people". He’ll have people who clean and wash for him, do things for him and will be able to Skype with his family.

People in the prison are getting ready for him, organising things he might want or need. He’ll have people to protect him but this will come at a cost to him and his family. "Those inside, including the warders, will run over themselves to protect and help him. In the end he will live like a king because of his fame and wealth."

Acting national commissioner for correctional services Zach Modise was furious about the protection being offered to OP by prisoners. He asked, "Who are these people? How did they get cellphones? I want their numbers. They and you are breaking the law." “He said the offer of protection by prisoners for a fee ‘clearly means my officials are not doing their job. Warders are the ones who ensure the safety of all, not prisoners. What am I paying them for if they are not doing their job? I will take action on this’".

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2014/10/17/we-will-look-after-oscar-say-jailbirds

The guy doing OP's voice is so good, I think's it's him.

It's a video, maybe funny but true, he'll be giving advice and doing his crazy 'non-woman' scream demonstration at every party, and 'Get the **** out of my House!' (If he gets off with no jail time)

I loooove the videos! The voice - great!! I think, handsome OP will look like this at age 45?

23 hours to go! :jail: Crossing fingers for imprisonment!

OP should be prepared for the worst and should be packing his designer suitcase right now.

First time in prison – what you can take (SA could be different of course)

Prisons have different rules on what you can have, what can get sent in, and so on. Expect to be annoyed.

I’m a list person so I thought I’d help OP out here.

• Wear a cheap watch to court (he’ll obviously have to run out and buy one of those)
• All toiletries (but don’t assume you can keep all of them)
• 7 or 8 sets of underwear (undies and socks)
• 4 tops (t-shirt, polo top, long sleeved)
• 4 bottoms (tracksuit pants, trousers, jeans, shorts)
• 2 windcheaters or tracksuit tops or jumpers or jackets (no hoods)
• 1 pair of pyjamas
• 1 pair of shoes/runners (no doubt he has plenty of those courtesy of Nike)
• 1 pair of scuffs/slides/thongs
• 1 belt (small buckle)
• 1 cap
• 1 pair of reading glasses in soft case
• 6 books, 6 magazines and 6 photos
• Stamps, writing paper and envelopes. (I’m not so sure about this. He won’t have the eloquent words to write)
• Pens and pencils. (have a variety as not all are allowed)
• A radio/alarm clock.
• Cash (not too much as there are monthly limits)

Of course he'll need super soft toilet paper and especially scented soaps and fragrances. No doubt the family will be able to bring him a TV, iPad, mobile and all the other little niceties from home that a special person needs to make life bearable. Oh, and that coffee machine. Ah, a home away from home, sort of.

Just a holiday home, not objectionable.

Reeva will forever be 29 because of OP's actions that night. He ended her life. He robbed her of her future. He took her from her family and friends. They have every reason in the world to hate him.

But don't confuse other's desire for justice with hate for OP. Reeva had nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, as OP fired round, after round, after round, after round into that toilet cubicle. Three of the four shots hit his intended target. Justice calls for him to spend a lengthy amount a time in prison for the crime he committed. And I will not apologize for being glad if justice is served on Tuesday.

bbm

... and Carl's Twitter account says:"The question is not whether someone will die for you... it is whether they will live for you."

bbm

... and Carl's Twitter account says:"The question is not whether someone will die for you... it is whether they will live for you."

It's incredible isn't it, the sheer insensitivity of some of his tweets (and the sheer weirdness of most of em, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay