Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANC Women's League is furious!

I don't blame them .. it's disgraceful. This was a domestic violence murder, pure and simple. I bet OP is pleased he's even got away with the little amount of jail time he has done.

BBM .. I disagree .. I believe his jail time should fit his crime, and I don't believe that he should be treated any differently to anyone else. Let's not forget that the verdict was incorrect in the first place, this should've been a sentencing for a murder not manslaughter.

10 months would be totally outrageous. They're talking about the NPA appealing. Please, please, please. They must. I believe they will.

OP was handed a recyclable Woolworths bag containing toiletries and a few other things. I provided a list. Family should have looked at it.

Does anyone think op will be a calm and cooperative prisoner?

10 months is outrageous! Can anyone confirm that the reporter isn't a muppet?

I got the impression from Nel saying 'That's the end Milady', that there is no chance of a state appeal, Roux seems to have said the same so....

That's it folks. It is what it is.

It seems a very, very short sentence to me but. June has said she is satisfied, so that's good.

He seemed as though he already had an idea what JM was going to say.

I am pleasantly surprised. I thought The judge would let him off completely.

Op lawyer expects house arrest after 10 months....sky news

10 months in jail and then house arrest......!!! Sky News

Does anyone think op will be a calm and cooperative prisoner?

I do .. he will be a model of good behaviour .. because that's what people like him are like, he wants everyone to think he is humble, considerate, caring, co-operative in order that they will believe he isn't capable of a most horrendous murder. Typical behaviour of domestic violence perpetrators.

I've just emailed the NPA my support and encouragement for an appeal based on an error in law.

Can't hurt.

<communication@npa.gov.za>

Kelly on CNN is extremely annoying...to me anyway.

Quite a lot of comment out there that judge contradicted her own verdict in the sentencing? About OP knowing he was shooting a person behind the door?

Whoop saying they don't see how Nel can NOT appeal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper