Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, Van rensburg up next, this is the guy who left the door in his office, roux is going to have a field day :banghead:

Alex Crawford
‏@AlexCrawfordSky
#OscarPistorius Col Van Rensburg resigned in late 2013 after it emerged he kept toilet door in his office for a week, not in evidence room

Charl du Plessis ‏@CharlduPlessc 6m
#OscarPistorius Nel: Could door have been kicked to scare somebody? Vermeulen says its possible

https://twitter.com/CharlduPlessc
-------
Nel's asking for a 15 minute adjournment for arrangements regarding next witness. In other news...considering OP is back to retching - I found this article interesting:

http://time.com/20548/guilty-or-innocent-making-sense-of-oscar-pistorius-retching-reaction/

He's vomiting again?

He's vomiting again?
Coughing and retching according to tweets...but his family passed him a paper bag, presumably just in case.

Crime scene photos flashed for, according to tweets again, seconds. I'm leaning towards malingering now - though I wasn't - given his reaction is so extreme and instantaneous. JMO

Alex Crawford ‏@AlexCrawfordSky 2m
#OscarPistorius OP seems to be complaining about close-ups of Reeva's mutilated body after shooting which keep appearing on court screens
https://twitter.com/AlexCrawfordSky

I can report that Oscar sat as still as stone through all that testimony.. not a heave, not a barf , stone faced.

Coughing and retching according to tweets...but his family passed him a paper bag, presumably just in case.

Crime scene photos flashed for, according to tweets again, seconds. I'm leaning towards malingering now - though I wasn't - given his reaction is so extreme and instantaneous. JMO

I might agree. It reminds me of Jodi and how hushed and teary she'd get any time June 4th was even uttered. I still find it OTT...

Oh god, Van rensburg up next, this is the guy who left the door in his office, roux is going to have a field day :banghead:

Thanks for the warning. I think I will :offtobed: go to sleep.

its Oscars CLAIM that a watch went missing..

it isn't verified, or sworn to as yet..

maybe it did go missing, maybe Oscar is scamming..

could be one or the other.. .
BBM - yep. In his affidavit he also said that he'd been the victim of violence, burglaries and death threats, yet the police could find no records of any complaints. Why didn't OP ever lodge a complaint about these apparent crimes against him? My guess is they didn't happen and he made them up to add credence to his 'fear and paranoia' about the supposed intruder. Maybe Nel will ask him about these multiple crimes.
I have received death threats before. I have also been a victim of violence and of burglaries before.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/in-full-oscar-pistoriuss-defence-affidavit-8501265.html

I think, following the Col's evidence, there is reasonable doubt that:

The evidence chain was intact

Documentation is intact

He is qualified and was the best person to carry out the tests state asked him to do

If he has been completely truthful about all the tests he carried out and was asked to carry out, and the conclusions he came to

Nels suggestion that Pistorius may have kicked the door to scare the person inside, it does knit with the two of them arguing and screaming.

I see a lot of people questioning Pistorius's actions, but imagine being Reeva, you are in fear of a man who is getting increasingly threatening, you run into the toilet, and here is my spec, there is no key to lock the door, so I have to hold the door shut. I'm gripping the handle and pulling it towards me, he is pulling the door trying to open it. I have no choice but to keep hold of the handle. Suddenly a shot goes through the door, I scream. He is demanding I open the door and starts hitting it with a bat, he knows where I am because I am holding the door shut. He fires shots at me and I am hit. I fall.

bd.jpg

I hope there is forensics on the marks on Ms Steenkamp's side of the door, her fingerprints, her smudged hand prints etc.

Pistorius was shooting near the handle (3 shots).

Just my ideas. Explains Nel's comments. Of course the damage to the door could have happened in any order, not just the way Roux puts it!

Feel free to totally ignore this commentary!

5m ago
#OscarPistorius OP seems to be complaining about close-ups of Reeva's mutilated body after shooting which keep appearing on court screens

#OscarPistorius Gerrie Nel has already warned there're graphic images to follow adjournment but debating how to handle given tv coverage

BBM - yep. In his affidavit he also said that he'd been the victim of violence, burglaries and death threats, yet the police could find no records of any complaints. Why didn't OP ever lodge a complaint about these apparent crimes against him? My guess is they didn't happen and he made them up to add credence to his 'fear and paranoia' about the supposed intruder. Maybe Nel will ask him about these multiple crimes.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/in-full-oscar-pistoriuss-defence-affidavit-8501265.html

nno he never did lodge a complaint about these 'events'.. odd, ey ? maybe he was going to shoot a postie for delivering the 'threats'..

Dunno why he didn't just put bars up on his bathroom window the first time he heard noises there, some months before 'the night'... a real paranoid personality would have bars, steel plate and two rottweilers in a cage hangig from the bathroom window.

Will they stop the live video feed from the courtroom for this upcoming graphic testimony?

The youtube video only demonstrates that if you'd just woken up, a cricket bat might possibly sound like a gun shot if you hadn't got your head together yet. But it's totally useless in that the demonstration was done in an open field and didn't replicate the conditions of that night AT ALL. Why not set the demo up in exactly the same circumstances? Or would that go against what Roux is trying to prove?? It's ridiculous to use that clip as potential evidence.

Will they stop the live video feed from the courtroom for this upcoming graphic testimony?

Maybe not unless the person testifying objects. The pathologist really screwed us last time.

I had a naughty thought.. the IT person who is making those photos flash maybe a jokester trying to get Oscar into Barf mode..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute