Trial Discussion Thread #8 - 14.03.17, Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here are the issues I have with the timing of the photographs. From 5:15 a.m. -6:16 a.m., one can assume that Van Staden was alone while he was photographing and documenting the crime scene. But as early as 6:17 a.m. we have other people in the scene with him, so any of the photos after 6:17 a.m. are not as reliable as to the location of the items photographed.

Also, it seems odd that he would go from photographing the upstairs crimescene until 7:36 a.m. (picture of the duvet spread out) and then 3 minutes (7:39- 7:40) -later he is back in the garage photographing Oscar's legs and then he's back upstairs at 7:43 photographing the upstairs again.

And in the middle of photographing the crime scene upstairs, he leaves and goes outside to take pictures from (6:27 am - 6:32 am)

Something more?

• OP didn't call the police.
    [X]Pieter Baba said OP told him everything was fine.
  • Broken window downstairs.
  • Broken toilet door.
  • Body downstairs instead of where RS was shot.
  • Black garbage bags covering body.
  • Stander and daughter first on the scene.
    [X]No ladder outside window.
  • No calls to the police about alleged intruder.
  • Story that alleged burglar was in the toilet stall.
  • Pools of blood in the bathroom and body downstairs.
    [X]No calls to security about burglar.
    [X]OP didn't check the remainder of the house for intruders.
    [X]RS wounds on right side, no blood on right side of toilet.
  • Key in outside of toilet door.
    [X]Bruises on RS's legs.
  • Dented panel on bathtub.
  • Mat over blood splatter and phone in bathroom.
    [X]OP not explaining why he thought RS was a burglar.
  • RS dressed in day clothes when shot.
  • Shot through shorts.
    [X]Injury between fingers of RS's hand.
  • Multiple gunshot wounds to RS.

Any one of these might be cause for suspicion. Collectively it's reasonable to conclude there was violence between RS and OP that resulted with OP killing RS and then OP trying to cover it up.

X = okay, but not known at the time

There was violence, I'm sure, and it makes me sick, how he chased and slaughtered her not "only" killed.

I am questioning the bloodstains on BOTH sides of the cricket bat too.

This pic shows the logo side, before the photographer turned it over. I don't have it now, but know there is a photo of the other side too, with all the black signatures and a thick bloodstain.

Now I can understand the cricket bat being used to bash the door and then, when it was dropped into blood, getting a big smear on the underside, but how did all the blood get on top of it too? And why was there so much blood on the underside, when in this pic it appears to be resting on just spots. There is an awful lot of blood on both sides of it, I think.

My memory has just left me a bit, but I think, the rubber-coated grip was also very bloody and sometimes missing too. (only from Twitter with everything mentioned very briefly)

Yes, being an double amputee does mean he is disabled.

In any case he could have had tax advantages because of his disability when buying a new expensive sports car (should be delivered soon).
I found this 2013 on Twitter Divaris.

So, here are the issues I have with the timing of the photographs. From 5:15 a.m. -6:16 a.m., one can assume that Van Staden was alone while he was photographing and documenting the crime scene. But as early as 6:17 a.m. we have other people in the scene with him, so any of the photos after 6:17 a.m. are not as reliable as to the location of the items photographed.

Also, it seems odd that he would go from photographing the upstairs crimescene until 7:36 a.m. (picture of the duvet spread out) and then 3 minutes (7:39- 7:40) -later he is back in the garage photographing Oscar's legs and then he's back upstairs at 7:43 photographing the upstairs again.

And in the middle of photographing the crime scene upstairs, he leaves and goes outside to take pictures from (6:27 am - 6:32 am)

The sequence of his photography may be confusing, but I don't think the order invalidates any of his photographs.

That is strange... well spotted.

Perhaps Two photographers? But surely the meta data shows one camera used for all of "Van Staden's" photos. I know there was mention of some photos inserted from somebody else.

I think we need ALL of the photos that the other person took too.

WHICH (if any) of the photos in your timeline were stated as NOT by Van Staden

I get this feeling we might be in for another "Keystone Kops" expose tonight.

Bring popcorn
popcornduo1_zps1d62ff30.gif

That is strange... well spotted.

Perhaps Two photographers? But surely the meta data shows one camera used for all of "Van Staden's" photos. I know there was mention of some photos inserted from somebody else.

I think we need ALL of the photos that the other person took too.

WHICH (if any) of the photos in your timeline were stated as NOT by Van Staden

All of these were said to be by Van Staden. The others by whoever the other photographer was, we were not given times for those.

if Oscar is to be believed.. that bedroom door was locked.. this was a large component of his allegded 'fear and terror'...if we believe Oscar, we have to believe that Reeva on her midnight snack excursion locked her self out of the bedroom, ( locking Oscar in ) unlocks her self back into the bedroom after coming back upstairs from the snack event, then locks them both back in the bedroom.

The only alternative to be considered is that the food was in the bedroom. I reject this because of the temperature... no one would leave food in a bedroom, especially salad, cheese stuff, on a hot night. With no Air conditioning.

I don't believe it for a New York minute , either.. the bathroom window was wide open , the heavy wooden slat blinds were half drawn down, the balcony door was open, the curtains and blinds open..

This malarkey of I'm-so-sensitive-to-security- issues is a promotion of Oscar being the on-the-ball man, ready to combat a battalion of high trained ex Rhodesian military homing in on his house , armed with bazookas , their beady eyes on his sunglasses collection.
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Great pity, that SamT has not asked for it.

The sequence of his photography may be confusing, but I don't think the order invalidates any of his photographs.

Invalidates how? I believe the photos are what they appear to show, if that's what you mean. I guess what I'm thinking is maybe someone besides Van Staden was taking photos from this camera, or maybe some funny business was going on with the crime scene while VS was sent outside to photograph and while he was sent to the garage to photo the prostheses.

Roux had been convinced by his clients outcry about a 'great many pics' being taken of him.. Roux , dealing with erroneous information in this particular, was placed in the position of having to demand these 'great many pics ' be tendered in evidence.. Roux had not grasped 2 things. there was not a great many pics taken, and of the 9 pics taken of Oscar and matters relating to Oscar's appearance ( the prosthetics ) 4 of these pics had been catalogued into one Album, and 5 had been catalogued, correctly, into the following Album.

Van Staden would have retrieved them in about 22 seconds.. the 10 min adjournment to do so would have required him to obtain his own laptop, recall all 9 pics with date and time and number assigned to them, print a copy for himself, upload them onto the court records data base ( again , they would have already been there, but again to be inserted in the court record of this request by Roux) ..divided up in the package of 4 pics of Oscar, 5 pics of the legs minus Oscar , a copy for Nels and his clerks, a copy for the Master Archive, an overall skeleton showing the exact position of the 4 pics and 5 pics in relation to each assigned album, and within each album so assigned, stroll back into court, present the evidence and await patiently the next question..

Simple.
"Simple" <--------- :floorlaugh:

I'm going to open today's thread and everyone can move over. Things should get underway in court in about 45 minutes.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member