Trial Discussion weekend Thread #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar did not choose to be disabled!

And no, it doesn't mean that he is not paranoid about intruders. Are you suggesting that he should always sleep with his proths on in case he has to fire a gun at an intruder?

Haha you know what I mean. Just look the facts. On one hand u guys want to give him a lesser burden because he is disabled, on the other hand the very thing, his legs, which removes his feeling of disability, he specifically chose not to put on when he grabbed his gun. Can't have it both ways.

Non responsive. Lots of words, but they are not related to the questions. Shall we go back and start over again?

If you would like to ask your question again I'll try to answer it again. I thought you asked how Oscar was disabled and I have answered that, if you don't believe that OP is disabled then we have no common ground for discussing this point any further as we have different realities.

Playing devils advocate here, but what if someone moved a fan to the doorway so that they could cool down the room, an evidence gatherer gets just as hot as anyone else.

I am not saying this happened but if I was OP's attorney I would surely suggest it as a possibility.

The first crime scene photos that were taken depict the scene exactly as it appeared when investigators first arrived.

During a crime scene investigation, no one opens curtains, turns on lights, moves fans, puts duvets on the floor, etc. No one moves a single thing or touches a single thing until AFTER the initial photos are taken.

Every crime scene investigator knows this.

OP hopes to distract the Judge with his claims that the crime scene was disturbed, tampered with, and contaminated because he knows his version is a lie.

Oscar-I'll-try-not-to-lie-Pistorius.

But he chose to be disabled when he went to confront intruder. Can't give him a lesser burden if he chose to do that.

Oh also means he is not hyper vigilant to his own safety.

Thanks button just wasn't enough to show my gratitude! You nailed it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure she can. His defense is, heat of the moment, he feared for his life and Reeva's life, he went immediately went into fight mode, he did not make a choice to not put on his prosthetics he simply acted out of instinct. If pressed at all (if he admits to "making a choice") which I doubt he will do, he could say that he thought that the risk of the time lost putting on his prosthetics outweighed the risk of facing the "intruder" without them.

Shouldnt have wasted time grabbing the gun then of that is the excuse.

BIB. What exactly is OPs disability? He can walk, right? He can run, right? He can shoot his gun accurately, right? He can kill his girlfriend, right? What disability does OP have that will cause the judge to throw aside the law and give him "a slap on the wrist?"

OP has a deformity, amputations resulted. Yes, they are likely grotesque at first sight. But OP has prosthetics and he has full mobility. So much so that he was capable of competing against full bodied men in the Olympics. So again, what exactly is OPs "disability?"

BTW. Disability means that a man is unable to do something. What is OP unable to do?

Since you thought my first answer was unresponsive and wordy I will try again.

OP’s disability is that he is missing a great portion of both of his legs.

Without his prosthetics he is unable to fire the gun he used to kill Reeva without bracing himself against something.

Does a diabetic not have diabetes because they are on insulin therapy?

Prosthetics give OP ability but he is still considered disabled.

The first crime scene photos that were taken depict the scene exactly as it appeared when investigators first arrived.

During a crime scene investigation, no one opens curtains, turns on lights, moves fans, puts duvets on the floor, etc. No one moves a single thing or touches a single thing until AFTER the initial photos are taken.

OP hopes to distract the Judge with his claims that the crime scene was disturbed, tampered with, and contaminated because he knows his version is a lie.

BBM
Proven to NOT be the case with the bunch investigating this case... hence the problem with evidence now being "unsafe".

If there's going to be any kind of "reasonable person" test applied, they are not going to compare Oscar to an able bodied man. That would be an absurd application of any legal test.

They will compare a reasonable person under similar conditions and circumstances - and that includes having no legs, having been a crime victim, and everything else about the circumstances and what Oscar said led to his shooting his gun at the bathroom door.

There are things in OP's version that abled bodied or not, make no sense to me.

Haha you know what I mean. Just look the facts. On one hand u guys want to give him a lesser burden because he is disabled, on the other hand the very thing, his legs, which removes his feeling of disability, he specifically chose not to put on when he grabbed his gun. Can't have it both ways.

He will have a lesser burden it has nothing to do with what I or anyone else wants to give him.

Oscar did not choose to be disabled!

And no, it doesn't mean that he is not paranoid about intruders. Are you suggesting that he should always sleep with his proths on in case he has to fire a gun at an intruder?

It means he wasn't feeling vulnerable or scared.
He didn't retreat, he went on the attack. He was armed and separated by a door.
He was not afraid because he knew his girlfriend, armed with a cell phone, was hiding behind that door. She was in fear, not him.

All IMO

If you would like to ask your question again I'll try to answer it again. I thought you asked how Oscar was disabled and I have answered that, if you don't believe that OP is disabled then we have no common ground for discussing this point any further as we have different realities.

Ok, BIB, asking the same questions again:

What exactly is OPs disability? He can walk, right? He can run, right? He can shoot his gun accurately, right? He can kill his girlfriend, right? What disability does OP have that will cause the judge to throw aside the law and give him "a slap on the wrist?"

OP has a deformity, amputations resulted. Yes, they are likely grotesque at first sight. But OP has prosthetics and he has full mobility. So much so that he was capable of competing against full bodied men in the Olympics. So again, what exactly is OPs "disability?"

BTW. Disability means that a man is unable to do something. What is OP unable to do?

He will have a lesser burden it has nothing to do with what I or anyone else wants to give him.

I hope not because he chose to be in that situation when he had the time and opportunity to put his legs on when he got his gun before going into the bathroom.

Sniped

He can't tell the truth!
And be certainly is incapable of accepting any responsibility for anything negative he does.

IMO

Unfortunately, that conclusion cannot be made.

What exactly is OPs disability? He can walk, right? He can run, right? He can shoot his gun accurately, right? He can kill his girlfriend, right? What disability does OP have that will cause the judge to throw aside the law and give him "a slap on the wrist?"

Asked and answered.

Maybe...

He can not pee standing up in a normal toilet, without his prostheses on. Big disability... it's a GUY thing :cool:

BBM

He's unable to tell the truth, apparently.

I have no idea what it said - that's why I'm surprised they didn't collect all of that and have a look at it.

If you knew what the card said, would it make a difference in how you perceive OP shooting & killing Reeva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25