TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is possibly the one thing that doesn't seem weird to me. It's very common for people who write to do so in other locations. Libraries. Cafes. That kind of thing. It's about what the person needs in terms of environment to be able to be creative and focused.

That said, I think it would have been a very good cover for him doing other things. It's not like he had an actual job he had to clock on for, where his absence would have been noted.

MOO
Plus, he allegedly showered before going to BYU to write and was back in under two hours from the raccoon text.

LOL, you think Chad did laundry?
I think it would be completely out of character at any other time, but they never said they found any clothing or shoes with blood evidence. Dismemberment is messy.

He could have dumped it all on the way to 'writing', but dumpster drops of bloody items run the risk of discovery, especially in daylight hours.

If you launder things to remove visible staining before disposal, either in the garbage or in a charity donation bin, the risk is reduced. And getting rid of the shoes is just common sense.

(Don't do crime, kids.)

MOO

I get confused about what dates and phone locations are being talked about. I need visuals.

It seems three dates are significant:

Raccoon text day and when Tylee was likely burned and buried.
The date Tammy was shot at.
The date Tammy was killed.

Also, does anyone have any idea on when JJ was buried? It doesn't seem he was buried the same day as Tylee. While it looks like JJ was killed when Mel G and her bf were visiting Lori, could Tylee have been shot at Chad's on the day she was buried?

Sun 8 Sep 2019 to Mon 9 Sep 2019: Tylee's death
Photos & phone pings show LVD, AC, Tylee & JJ at Yellowstone.
6:40 PM - AC leaves Yellowstone (according to GPS tracking on his phone)
6:45 - 7:02 PM - AC is at Buckaroo's BBQ Grill in West Yellowstone
8:37 - 9:35 PM - AC is at LVD's apartment in Rexburg
9:43 - 9:53 PM - AC is at a Maverick gas station in Rexburg
10:44 - 11:15 PM - AC is at LVD's apartment
11:44 PM - AC is at his own apartment
12:00 - 12:44 AM - AC is at his own apartment
2:42 - 3:37 AM - AC is at LVD's apartment
4:37 - 8:59 AM - AC is at his own apartment
8:11 AM - CD calls AC
9:21 - 10:39 AM - AC is at CD's property

10:47 AM - possible ping of AC's phone in St. Anthony (5 miles away)
10:57 - 11:39 AM - AC is at CD's property
11:52 - 12:02 AM - AC is at Del Taco in Rexburg
11:53 AM - CD sends "raccoon text" to Tammy

Sun 22 Sep 2019 to Mon 23 Sep 2019: JJ's death
A photo date stamped for the 22th shows JJ on the couch in his red pajamas. Melanie Gibb & David Warwick are at LVD's doing a podcast. AC takes JJ while they record and returns later carrying JJ, who is asleep in his arms.
2:00 - 4:00 AM? - David Warwick has a nightmare. He and Melanie try to call & text CD. When he doesn't respond, they find LVD's door locked and text her.
3:59 AM - CD texts LVD
8:00 - 9:00 AM - David Warwick wakes up and asks where JJ is. LVD says AC has him.
9:25 AM - CD makes a 38-second call to AC
9:55 - 10:12 AM - AC is at CD's property

Wed 9 Oct 2019: "The Paintball Incident"
1:20 PM - CD burner phone is at LVD's apartment
4:50 - 5:01 PM - AC on CD's property
5:00 PM - 12:00 AM - LVD & CD send multiple texts to one another
7:00 - 9:00 PM - AC & CD send multiple texts to one another
9:15 PM - a masked man attempts to shoot Tammy
9:16 PM - AC texts LVD
9:45 PM - Tammy's son-in-law calls 911 about the incident
That evening, Zulema claims that LVD was irate about some "idiot" who couldn't do anything right

Fri 18 Oct to Sat 19 Oct 2019: Tammy's death
~7:00 PM - Garth leaves for work
~10:00 PM - According to CD, Tammy goes to bed around this time
10:07 PM - Alex's device arrives at Salem church, a mile or so(?) south of the Daybell property
10:22 PM - Tammy is on her phone playing games
10:45 PM - Alex's device (still at Salem church) stops transmitting its location (goes dark)
11:28 PM - One photo on Tammy's phone is deleted
11:34 PM - CD texts LVD twice
11:46 PM - Alex's device (still at Salem church) starts transmitting its location again and leaves the church parking lot

~12:00 - 1:00 AM - According to CD, Tammy is up coughing and vomiting at this time
~1:00 AM - Garth arrives home from work, hears his father snoring
~6:00 AM - Garth hears a thump and finds his mother dead

(Let me know if I've missed anything or have any inaccuracies. It's been hard trying to keep track of all the sources for everything, but I'm fairly certain all of these events were mentioned at some time or another during the trial)

Last edited:
I think it would be completely out of character at any other time, but they never said they found any clothing or shoes with blood evidence. Dismemberment is messy.

He could have dumped it all on the way to 'writing', but dumpster drops of bloody items run the risk of discovery, especially in daylight hours.

If you launder things to remove visible staining before disposal, either in the garbage or in a charity donation bin, the risk is reduced. And getting rid of the shoes is just common sense.

(Don't do crime, kids.)

MOO
All great points! I just don't see the Prophet stooping so low but he probably DID seek advice from his Goddess and she should know how to do laundry, right? Maybe she walked him through it (open the lid, insert laundry & detergent, adjust settings for hot/cold, etc., push button).

All great points! I just don't see the Prophet stooping so low but he probably DID seek advice from his Goddess and she should know how to do laundry, right? Maybe she walked him through it (open the lid, insert laundry & detergent, adjust settings for hot/cold, etc., push button).
Chad was a missionary for two years. He knows how to use a washing machine, even if he never deigned to do it while married to Tammy.

LDS families make a point of showing boys how to use a washing machine and a stove before they're called. Also iron their shirts and sew on a button. When they are serving, they are responsible for taking care of themselves and their own possessions.

At least, that's how it was when I was a young person in the LDS church, and Chad isn't that much older than I am.

MOO

Chad was a missionary for two years. He knows how to use a washing machine, even if he never deigned to do it while married to Tammy.

LDS families make a point of showing boys how to use a washing machine and a stove before they're called. Also iron their shirts and sew on a button. When they are serving, they are responsible for taking care of themselves and their own possessions.

At least, that's how it was when I was a young person in the LDS church, and Chad isn't that much older than I am.

MOO
Love your knowledge of LDS, thanks for enlightening me!

I may have just been lucky, but most of my significant others over the years did their own laundry and also cooked.

I think so! I keep checking the comments on that tweet, as several people are asking the same question.
Hopefully Nate will clarify.
I watched it live and am convinced the judge said he would allow it...Nate made me doubt my hearing...but my brain has been mostly asleep all day due to the boring testimony.

Defense: You can't prove CD was there when Tylee & JJ were buried!
Cross-examination: Sure looks sus, though, doesn't it, that CD phoned AC each of those mornings right before AC decided to come over and hang out in the exact areas where the kids' bodies were found, hm?

ETA:
Cross-examination: And hey, look at that, you couldn't find ANY location data for ANY of CD's multiple devices that day, could you? Huh. How bout that?
When you say "each of those days", what dates? I'm asking bc I figured JJ was buried there on a different day but I don't think it's been addressed much or what day that might have been.

When you say "each of those days", what dates? I'm asking bc I figured JJ was buried there on a different day but I don't think it's been addressed much or what day that might have been.
JJ was buried on the 23rd.

From this article:

That same day, Sept. 23, Cox's phone was pinged at Daybell's property from 9:55 a.m. to 10:12 a.m., near the pond where a body wrapped in plastic was later found.

The theory I have seen posited is that the grave was predug.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members