TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing arguments are scheduled to begin Wednesday morning. After the conclusion of closing arguments, the case will be handed over to the jury. There are 18 jury members, but that number will be whittled down to 12 by a random lottery. The jury will only decide whether or not Chad Daybell is guilty of first-degree murder and conspiracy in the deaths of Tammy Daybell, JJ Vallow, and Tylee Ryan. If the jury finds Chad Daybell guilty, a second portion of the trial will commence to determine whether or not to impose the death penalty.
……
Lt. Hermosillo, a Detective with the Rexburg Police Department who has testified extensively about his investigation into the search for JJ and Tylee was the final witness called by the State. Lt. Hermosillo was asked if he knows where the bodies of JJ and Tylee were found, he responded by saying that they were found buried on Chad Daybell's property. The State then asked if Lt. Hermosillo knew where Tammy Daybell died, and he responded by saying that she died in Chad Daybell's bedroom.

I don't think they needed it either. It was blatantly clear in Emma's presentation as a witness that she was driving the bus over her mother (ETA: and other outright lying, such as when claiming that it was she who used the computer to check wind direction) to save "the Patriarch" from being held accountable for his actions.
What really drove that point home to me (and I think the jury) is how she was so devoid of any emotion when talking about her mother’s death, and then the prosecution played that bodycam of her talking to her father as he was arrested in the squad car audibly (hearing her) crying.…along with all the other witnesses that refuted her testimony about her mother’s health.

What really drove that point home to me (and I think the jury) is how she was so devoid of any emotion when talking about her mother’s death, and then the prosecution played that bodycam of her talking to her father as he was arrested in the squad car audibly (hearing her) crying.…along with all the other witnesses that refuted her testimony about her mother’s health.
It is beyond comprehension to me that both LVD and CD have sacrificed their children for their own sins - the trashiest and most disobedient parts of themselves - their greed, illicit sexual desires, motivation to start a new life absent the burdens and obligations of the old, and now in Chad's case - his potential freedom from accountability for his actions.

It is so completely upside down from what is natural and normal - where parents value the life and well-being of their children above their own lives and well-being.

Disappointed in no recordings of Chad suggesting how Emma should testify. Don't think they need it, but would have been nice to see it.
Same here but I have to give kudos to the state. They know they have already impeached EDM’s testimony enough and have chosen not to further embarrass her. Despite my disdain for the untruths and her overall attitude towards her mother in comparison to her father, EDM has been through a horrible experience that most of us will never have to face. She’s obviously immature and easily swayed by CD but she and her siblings have a very long way to go to begin to heal as it is. Bringing in the phone calls would seem a little like twisting the knife at this point. I’m sure the state considered all this when they chose not to play those jail calls between EDM & CD.

I still want to hear them even though I don’t think the jury needs to hear them. Perhaps someone will get access to them in a FOIA request after the trial and make them public.

[…]

Closing arguments are scheduled to begin Wednesday morning. After the conclusion of closing arguments, the case will be handed over to the jury. There are 18 jury members, but that number will be whittled down to 12 by a random lottery. The jury will only decide whether or not Chad Daybell is guilty of first-degree murder and conspiracy in the deaths of Tammy Daybell, JJ Vallow, and Tylee Ryan. If the jury finds Chad Daybell guilty, a second portion of the trial will commence to determine whether or not to impose the death penalty.

[…]

I don't think they needed it either. It was blatantly clear in Emma's presentation as a witness that she was driving the bus over her mother (ETA: and other outright lying, such as when claiming that it was she who used the computer to check wind direction) to save "the Patriarch" from being held accountable for his actions.

In a way, I think that she went SO overboard, on her "details", remembering that she "looked up wind speed and direction", for what reason?! The absolute minutiae of her testimony was overdone.

So, jury gets the case Friday? Sequestered? No weekend?! Huh. Shucks, I would vote and be done by lunch.

snipped portion by me -

Just an FYI! :)
Actually there are only 17 jury members... one juror was dismissed on 5/2/24 due to illness. 12 jurors & 5 alternates.

Same here but I have to give kudos to the state. They know they have already impeached EDM’s testimony enough and have chosen not to further embarrass her. Despite my disdain for the untruths and her overall attitude towards her mother in comparison to her father, EDM has been through a horrible experience that most of us will never have to face. She’s obviously immature and easily swayed by CD but she and her siblings have a very long way to go to begin to heal as it is. Bringing in the phone calls would seem a little like twisting the knife at this point. I’m sure the state considered all this when they chose not to play those jail calls between EDM & CD.

I still want to hear them even though I don’t think the jury needs to hear them. Perhaps someone will get access to them in a FOIA request after the trial and make them public.
I agree with you. It wasn't necessary - and may have been perceived by some as cruel - to twist the knife.

It took a lot to make Emma this way. Think of all that time when the children were missing and so many in these fringe groups (that seem to have amassed size and a wide range of authority) were standing behind Chad and Lori, claiming vindication because Chad and Lori had made them aware of the "nasty custody fight" that was supposedly behind Lori's determination to hide her children. When the children were unearthed from Chad's backyard - they scattered like cockroaches.

What do those people tell themselves now? They were using their own positions of authority - among their members, among those in the local community, and potentially among Chad's children - to firm up Chad's and Lori's claims as well as to support the idea that Chad and Lori were being persecuted by law enforcement.

Don't they have some responsibility to UNDO the travel and taking hold of some of the mistruths they helped spread and reinforce - not just about the fate of the children but also about the supposed persecution by LE? I look at Emma and Joseph and Garth, who are obviously still locked in some kind of belief that Chad is ultimate authority and that he is being persecuted - and I think there are some who are deficient in undoing some of the harm they have done.

In a way, I think that she went SO overboard, on her "details", remembering that she "looked up wind speed and direction", for what reason?! The absolute minutiae of her testimony was overdone.

So, jury gets the case Friday? Sequestered? No weekend?! Huh. Shucks, I would vote and be done by lunch.
Is is possible the jury will get it Thursday? If prosecution closing is Wednesday mid-morning; defense closing mid-late afternoon; prosecution rebuttal Thursday morning. To jury Thursday afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamingman73