TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, WSers! I’ve got other obligations that will keep me from watching this morning and perhaps early afternoon but will follow along here or Nate’s updates when I can. So if you see something really impactful, please note it on here with an approximate time so I can go back & watch that part as I won’t have time to watch it all to catch up later. I’m especially interested in statements from jail calls between EDM & CD if any of those get played.

TIA

If I remember correctly, the closing arguments for Lori weren't that long (maybe an hour for the State?) but I think it is a guarantee these will take longer. Prior's will be definitely be longer than Tommy and Archie's, but I don't see either taking longer than half a day (plus the State's counter). Depending on how long rebuttal lasts today, we could in theory be done with both arguments and by the end of the day tomorrow. Not an unrealistic prediction IMO.

Also, a question: Did Lori ever legally change her name to Daybell? Why won't the State call her Mrs. Daybell?
I think the judge has to take time with jury instructions.
I questioned her last name also. It may have something to do with her stealing social security that the kids were getting under her name of Vallow. If she went to SS to change her name, LE would have known where she was and find her quicker. In the end, iirc, Judge Boyce made the decision to refer to her as Ms. Vallow. She did ask to be referred to as Mrs. Daybell.

If I remember correctly, the closing arguments for Lori weren't that long (maybe an hour for the State?) but I think it is a guarantee these will take longer. Prior's will be definitely be longer than Tommy and Archie's, but I don't see either taking longer than half a day (plus the State's counter). Depending on how long rebuttal lasts today, we could in theory be done with both arguments and by the end of the day tomorrow. Not an unrealistic prediction IMO.

Also, a question: Did Lori ever legally change her name to Daybell? Why won't the State call her Mrs. Daybell?
A quick Google re: Lori last name I found where her attorney filed Motion in 2021 to insist the Court call her Daybell. I guess it was not granted. Marriage certificate was attached .

ST. ANTHONY — Lori Vallow Daybell wants to be called Mrs. Lori Daybell and her attorney has gone so far as to file documents stating how she should be addressed in court proceedings.

Hours before a scheduled hearing Monday afternoon, defense attorney Mark Means filed a motion explaining his client married Chad Daybell on Nov. 5, 2019 in Hawaii and “under the conflicts of laws and ‘Full Faith and Credit Clause’ of the United States Constitution, states must recognize common-law marriages when such marriage is valid in a sister state.”

“Defendant (sic) true full name as of this date (which precedes any legal action in the State of Idaho) is Lori Norene Ryan Vallow Daybell, or Mrs. Daybell,” Means wrote. “All State interest or argument to oppose this motion is subservient to the US Constitution application in this matter.”

[…]

C6FCEF06-C420-45DE-8E9C-C1C58CE8AD01.jpeg

I think the judge has to take time with jury instructions.
Yes, there's also jury instructions. But regardless I think there's a strong probability they will have the case by Friday. Hopefully the holiday weekend rejuvenated everyone. I know they all needed it, everybody from Judge Boyce to the Jury to Larry and Nate. MOO.
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
That means they will be holed up in a hotel with little (and monitored) communication to family, right?

I questioned her last name also. It may have something to do with her stealing social security that the kids were getting under her name of Vallow. If she went to SS to change her name, LE would have known where she was and find her quicker. In the end, iirc, Judge Boyce made the decision to refer to her as Ms. Vallow. She did ask to be referred to as Mrs. Daybell.
States have different processes for name changes for their records (driver's license, etc) but the real legal change happens when you file with the Social Security Administration, which generally has to happen first.

HOWEVER, in this case, as soon as LVD informed the SSA that she'd remarried, she'd lose out on $4000/mo social security benefits from Charles (If you remarry before age 50, you don't get those benefits anymore). By not going through that name-change process, her surname legally is still Vallow, which is IMO why the courts are insisting on calling her that.

"Also, in June, investigators say Lori searched the internet for Social Security disability information. Police theorize that because of a message sent to Chad, Lori determined she would receive $4,000 a month in Social Security benefits if Vallow died."

So apparently Janice Olsen, the state's witness who has been brought back because she's the one who Tammy told about life insurance, is being contested as a witness by Prior. Olsen watched some of Emma Daybell's testimony after she was released from subpoena. Prior is trying to argue she is tainted and can't be a witness now. MOO.

So apparently Janice Olsen, the state's witness who has been brought back because she's the one who Tammy told about life insurance, is being contested as a witness by Prior. Olsen watched some of Emma Daybell's testimony after she was released from subpoena. Prior is trying to argue she is tainted and can't be a witnes
She IS tainted. Its not a Prior thing. Watching the testimony of others, before you testify, is the very definition of that situation.

Next rebuttal witness (#5) is Dave Stubbs. Notes from his previous testimony in this trial:

DAY 15: Th MAY 2, 2024 (video)
44a - DAVE STUBBS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD
Welfare check body cams (26 Nov 2019)

DAY 16: F MAY 3, 2024 (video)
45b - DAVE STUBBS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD
Apartment warrant body cam (27 Nov 2019); electronic records, wedding photos
D X-EXAM: UTC; looking into Melanie Gibb
S REDIRECT: Melanie Gibb & David Warwick not on geofence

States have different processes for name changes for their records (driver's license, etc) but the real legal change happens when you file with the Social Security Administration, which generally has to happen first.

HOWEVER, in this case, as soon as LVD informed the SSA that she'd remarried, she'd lose out on $4000/mo social security benefits from Charles (If you remarry before age 50, you don't get those benefits anymore). By not going through that name-change process, her surname legally is still Vallow, which is IMO why the courts are insisting on calling her that.

"Also, in June, investigators say Lori searched the internet for Social Security disability information. Police theorize that because of a message sent to Chad, Lori determined she would receive $4,000 a month in Social Security benefits if Vallow died."
Thank you Wnk. You answered that beautifully.
By the way, so glad you are here.

What was Prior trying to imply with all the questions about whether inflammation was present in Tammy’s lungs? Was he trying to suggest to jurors that Tammy - a resident of fairly rural Rexburg, Idaho - may have suffered and died from an undiagnosed COVID-19 infection? That is, that she was a late-2019 victim of such, even though COVID-19 was believed to have spread widely throughout the U.S. in early 2020 and even though Tammy was not elderly and did not have co-morbidities that tended to be associated with such outcomes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson