GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, what a lovely thing to wake up in the morning and see GUILTY in the thread header.

And six hours! Bang on what Lori's jury took. So my guess that it might be a similar time was right on.

No idea how long sentencing will take, though. I think he deserves the DP, but he might get LWOP because the jury might feel they should match his sentence to Lori's.

MOO

I watched the verdict come in live, but I've been just decompressing. I watched Larry's presser comments (I cried) and checked out Mormon Stories (with Megan Conner, Lori's cousin), Nates, comments, etc.

I appreciated, as always, Larry's comments of gratitude and praise for just about anyone (except Chad and Lori), including the judge, prosecutors, John Prior (doing his job), the media, and all of the people who have been supportive and following the case. I was surprised that Kay didn't speak. But she carried that torch for so long, that I hope she is doing well. She's such a strong woman. Larry gave a special shoutout to HTC (Lauren and Dr John). I think Kay and Larry were so welcoming and kind to everyone, including Daybell and Cox family members. Such grace and understanding.

Of course I'm relieved at the verdict. Although we were all expecting it....you just never know! Pheww!

My thoughts are also with the jury (and the alternates!!) as they have had to deal with a flood of facts and emotions, all while not being able to discuss it with their families. What a wonderful sacrifice they have made (no matter what outcome might have happened). This is a pillar of democracy.

OK, my diarrhea of thoughts is about to be cut off here, but one final acknowledgement is for the core posters here who followed all of the ins and outs of this case. You kept the rest of us up to date and put up with our questions of things discussed previously. You have always carried the flag for these victims. I look forward to hearing from you when the Arizona cases finally hit the courts!

Last edited:
“There are certain things in life I think are worse than death. Life in prison without the possibility of ever getting out and dying in prison may be worse than death,” Woodcock says. “I certainly don’t wish him the best.”

Just watched Larry's address to the media. The bit where he thanked Prior struck me. He's a man after my own heart. For this system to work, for convictions to have a chance of standing, the defense has to do their job as best they can. But also, it's what every defendant deserves, a good defense. Larry understands that, and it's a credit to him that Prior was included in the thanks with everyone else. And Prior did do his job, without holding back. I don't think Chad could really have had better on his side. What this means is the chance of successful appeal is far less likely. Chad got the best defense, and now he gets to sit in prison for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

MOO

It's summer 2020. I just graduated from junior college, COVID is new, and I'm at my summer job before starting university. During a slow moment I open Reddit for the first time in a while. First post I see from the r/Unresolved Mysteries subreddit is a post announcing that bodies recovered from a backyard in Idaho were identified as two missing children. I can still see the phone screen in my hand. The rabbit hole I fell into was far more cavernous than I ever could have predicted.

It's summer 2024. I've since graduated university and have a full-time job. I can't say I'm the same person I was back then. So much as happened, even in the duration of this most recent trial.

So much heartache. So much devastation. It's a tragedy nothing will ever fix or make up for, and we still have too many questions that will likely be left unanswered.

But as of today, May 30, 2024, a jury of their peers has found not only Lori "Mommy Doomsday" Vallow guilty on all counts, but also now Chad "Daddy Doomsday" guilty on all counts. They, conspired to murder Chad's wife of 30 years, Lori's only daughter who was only 16, and Lori's adopted son who was only 7. It is no longer "alleged," or "supposed," or "accused:" it is now a FACT. \And you know what? We aren't even done yet.

I had my quarter pounder with cheese for Tammy!

When the verdict was announced I celebrated for about 2 seconds before tearing up. And then I just felt sorrow for the lives lost and the families torn apart. It’s so senseless. And then I drove to McDonalds where they messed up my order! Figures!

Just watched Larry's address to the media. The bit where he thanked Prior struck me. He's a man after my own heart. For this system to work, for convictions to have a chance of standing, the defense has to do their job as best they can. But also, it's what every defendant deserves, a good defense. Larry understands that, and it's a credit to him that Prior was included in the thanks with everyone else. And Prior did do his job, without holding back. I don't think Chad could really have had better on his side. What this means is the chance of successful appeal is far less likely. Chad got the best defense, and now he gets to sit in prison for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

MOO
Priors closing argument was weird and twisted and anything but truthful. He did his best for Chad up to that point. IMO.
I’m wondering if he shouldn’t watch his back after throwing everyone under the bus diring his closing arguments. LE by name, prosecutors, Chads own followers, ie, Gibb, Warwick. I was waiting for him to blame Tammy and run her down some more.

Priors closing argument was weird and twisted and anything but truthful. He did his best for Chad up to that point. IMO.
I’m wondering if he shouldn’t watch his back after throwing everyone under the bus diring his closing arguments. LE by name, prosecutors, Chads own followers, ie, Gibb, Warwick. I was waiting for him to blame Tammy and run her down some more.

He lost. His client is in jail. He should slink home.

Never said he was likeable, or that his methods were pleasant, but he did present a vigorous defense and argued points of case law well when issues came up. He did his job. And trying to throw blame elsewhere was kind of all he had to work with. I don't have to like it to understand why he did it.

MOO

It's summer 2020. I just graduated from junior college, COVID is new, and I'm at my summer job before starting university. During a slow moment I open Reddit for the first time in a while. First post I see from the r/Unresolved Mysteries subreddit is a post announcing that bodies recovered from a backyard in Idaho were identified as two missing children. I can still see the phone screen in my hand. The rabbit hole I fell into was far more cavernous than I ever could have predicted.

It's summer 2024. I've since graduated university and have a full-time job. I can't say I'm the same person I was back then. So much as happened, even in the duration of this most recent trial.

So much heartache. So much devastation. It's a tragedy nothing will ever fix or make up for, and we still have too many questions that will likely be left unanswered.

But as of today, May 30, 2024, a jury of their peers has found not only Lori "Mommy Doomsday" Vallow guilty on all counts, but also now Chad "Daddy Doomsday" guilty on all counts. They, conspired to murder Chad's wife of 30 years, Lori's only daughter who was only 16, and Lori's adopted son who was only 7. It is no longer "alleged," or "supposed," or "accused:" it is now a FACT. \And you know what? We aren't even done yet.

Well I appreciate your comments and insights here very much. I was going to say that you are wise beyond your years, but in fact many people your age are very wise and we often don't give them enough credit. Thank you for your contributions here.

Love,
Ol' Granny Snoop.

Well I think we are all going to sleep just fine tonight...Knowing Chad Daybell is a convicted serial killer. :cool:

And he may dwell in his memories of frolicking on the beach with his beauty queen.....
noone can take that away from him...:rolleyes:

but I bet his memories of crucifying and dismembering Tylee Ryan will fill his head space more and more as time goes by among many other gruesome activities.

Forever will be a long time ...without his harem of 7 wait...he's #7...6. harem of 6.... feeding his ego with lies and grandeur.

Just would like to ask Chad if it was worth it? Were a few months of sleeping with Lori really worth all that has happened since?
I do wonder if it was more to do with the money and running off to live this fairy tail life on the insurance money than it was sleeping with her. I think they fueled each others evil ideas. He was all about running off to Hawaii with the money and living a kid free happy go lucky life I think. Wonder how his own kids feel about THAT?

Never said he was likeable, or that his methods were pleasant, but he did present a vigorous defense and argued points of case law well when issues came up. He did his job. And trying to throw blame elsewhere was kind of all he had to work with. I don't have to like it to understand why he did it.

MOO
I wasn’t disagreeing with what you said. Him fighting so hard means any appeals will likely fail. I credit a lot of that to Judge Boyce for his outstanding work.

But I won’t give Prior one ounce of credit for his closing argument. It made me sick. He didn’t have to say the things he said to represent a serial killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee