GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tylee may well have been a difficult brattish teenager, a lot of us were. But we were allowed to grow up and mature into normal pleasant people. Tylee was never given that chance.
Replying to my own post: I'm sorry, I did not mean to say that Tylee was a difficult brattish teenager, but that Lori may have seen her that way, because she was too intelligent and feisty to worship at the "Goddess's" altar.

Tammy’s gravesite was particularly well decorated this year for Memorial Day. Justice for Tammy! Justice for JJ! Justice for Tylee!!

I pray for Tammy’s family - even the children that are sticking up for CD. The whole family was torn apart by the evil of two selfish horrible people. Ron lost his wife in the last few years, and he has been separated from his grandchildren because of the evil of CD.

Attachments

• IMG_8364.jpeg
    IMG_8364.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8365.jpeg
    IMG_8365.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 19
Last year, when Lori was convicted, I posted that I was puttering in the sun in my garden, (something they’re never going to be doing again) and my playlist started Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G. which is apropos. I hadn’t felt great today, so had to lie down, knocked out by cold meds, I missed the verdict. After I got myself up and about, I went out to the garden, sat down to look up WS, saw the verdict, as my playlist went to Black Magic by Slayer, also very apropos. The universe has a sense of black humour, and thankfully this pair are locked up. Don’t think it’s going to stop here, for either of them. RIP Tammy, Tylee and JJ.
Edit for my linguistic shortcomings.

Oh thank you, Kay Woodcock, Jury, prosecution, Rob Wood, our wonderful judge!

I have followed this case for personal reasons from before it was even big news! Unfortunately, my work had me buried under paperwork and people all day today until 8 o’clock tonight. Thank you to my Websleuths family following and posting so that I could catch up tonight when I got off of work.

Justice at last!!

I will say that I do not see CD changing his way anytime soon if Warren Jeff’s is any indication! Even behind bars, he has been spreading his evil beliefs

Just would like to ask Chad if it was worth it? Were a few months of sleeping with Lori really worth all that has happened since?
According to Chad's June 8 2020 jail phone call with Lori, tweaking a few things would prevent the chance of "trouble" rising from 3% to 100%. IMO Chad only regrets not getting away with it.

There seems to be at least a 25 year time lag between sentencing someone to death in Idaho, and actually carrying out the sentence. The most recent (failed) attempt was on a prisoner who'd been on death row for 40 years. In my opinion CD is unlikely to be pushed to the front of the line. So, given his age, it will probably amount to a life sentence, although in harsher conditions than other convicts.

If he really believes in multiple probations, his holy mission, that he can see beyond the veil etc, I can't see why he'd bother to stick around for this long, boring part of his spiritual destiny.

JMO
Larry Woodcock said that it didn't matter to him whether Chad got the DP or not. LWOP would be okay with him. One difference for Chad would probably be isolation. That could be seen as a punishment or a reward. I don't know if he would prefer to be among the general prison population, but he might. He needs an audience.

Larry Woodcock said that it didn't matter to him whether Chad got the DP or not. LWOP would be okay with him. One difference for Chad would probably be isolation. That could be seen as a punishment or a reward. I don't know if he would prefer to be among the general prison population, but he might. He needs an audience.
I don't think genpop would like HIM. He's a child killer, and he's made international news. It wouldn't surprise me if he's already considered KOS.

Plus, all that aside, he has a very punchable face.

MOO

I don't think he would like prison mates very much.

Petite blondes half a step away from the loony bin is the audience he seeks.;)

Never said he was likeable, or that his methods were pleasant, but he did present a vigorous defense and argued points of case law well when issues came up. He did his job. And trying to throw blame elsewhere was kind of all he had to work with. I don't have to like it to understand why he did it.

MOO
In a way JP's ridiculous claims helped the prosecution. I don't know if we would be thanking him for his service if lying helped Chad get away with it.

[…]

He praised the work of the judge, the attorneys, the media, and the supporters in this case.

Larry Woodcock then addressed the three victims of Lori Vallow Daybell and Chad Daybell, including his grandson, JJ.

“Tammy, I hope you’re teaching Kindergarten, I hope you’re providing wonderful books to the children,” Larry Woodcock said. “JJ, you’re 12-years-old, JJ, Papa loves you. JJ, I miss you. But I will see you one day. Tylee, I hope you have grown up to be a beautiful woman. I hope you have, you get, you make everything you wanted to be of yourself.”

Larry Woodcock closed his statements with advice. He told the crowd to take more photographs, be kind to others, and take advantage of your time with the people you love.

“Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow. Hug who you wanna hug, tell who you wanna tell that you love them, tell them that,” Larry Woodcock said.

[…]

In a way JP's ridiculous claims helped the prosecution. I don't know if we would be thanking him for his service if lying helped Chad get away with it.
I think JP helped the prosecution too.
The second that he went down the road that Alex did it....he threw Chad under the bus.
Because there is so much connecting Alex and Chad together feed the conspiracy and collusion.

IMO JP would have been better off blaming a boogie man for the kids deaths.

That's the roulette wheel aspect of the system. We can assess all we like the merits and deficits of the case, the prosecution, the defense, and the judge, but it all comes down to twelve people in a room.

Perhaps another jury would have been swayed by Prior, but this one wasn't.

MOO

He doesn’t know either. When it happened though he went all in. Killing people left and right. It was worth it to him because he thought a blonde so called beauty was attracted to him.
But there were other women before Lori he used similar tricks on, including Julie Rowe. Apparently JR wasn't crazy enough and fantasizing about Tammy dying young was enough to them (she admitted they both envisioned it).

That's the roulette wheel aspect of the system. We can assess all we like the merits and deficits of the case, the prosecution, the defense, and the judge, but it all comes down to twelve people in a room.

Perhaps another jury would have been swayed by Prior, but this one wasn't.

MOO
I don't think we were close to a different verdict in this case, mostly because the culprits suggested by the defense didn't have a motive (at all or of their own).

I think his only hope is for his two youngest children and perhaps his mother to beg for his life, with the implicit message that they know he is guilty, but want his life spared anyway might sway some. But I think as soon as there is a hint that Chad was wrongly convicted, framed, etc., it will turn the jury off. They seem very confident in their verdict, and won't like any disrespect of the verdict.

Chad probably can't speak, because I don't think he will be able to say anything respectful to the verdict. Admitting guilt now might help, but there is no sign he plans to do so.

I think there could be a credible "good record" report, good legal record, good standing in the community. His interactions with the community make me want to puke, but I think an objective case could be made that his record is good. But that doesn't really mitigate considering this trial was about 3 murders over about 6 weeks. The good record ended when Tylee was buried. And that is quite the first offense. The jury might not even "feel" that this was Chad's first murder if they have a hunch that Chad participated, "with no reasonable likelihood of conviction," but nonetheless participated, in murdering Charles.

There is little objective to go on to save Chad's life, so IMO, his only hope is the jury is swayed by family. And, IMO, Emma and Garth (unless they do a 180) can't be that family, because it has to be someone who respects the jury verdict.

MOO

Edited to add: There are some intense victim impact statements anticipated. If they ask for the death penalty, or do not ask for the death penalty, or even ask not to have the death penalty imposed because a victim wouldn't want it, that is more likely to impact the outcome then the defenses witnesses, IMO.

The best potential to save his life might be where we are not looking: with the victims.

They also have the most power to make it easier for the jury to call for death, although I think the statute gives a lot of support for imposing death.

MOO
Exactly and brilliantly stated!!

Thank you for articulating the importance of the victims’ feelings and their impact statements in this next phase.

verdicts came in about 4am my time, woke up to see that wonderful GUILTY banner
just spent my lunchtime catching up
thank you all that make following these cases from the other side of the world possible and for your relieving humour in a case that is so sad
i am also grateful to the jury and Judge Boyce for their dedication, to the victims’ families for their perseverance and advocacy and to the respectful journalists especially Nate and Justin
for me one of the saddest aspects of this case was LVD’s character assassination of her only daughter
tomorrow i am going to McDonald’s for the first time since 2001, i am going to buy a quarter pounder and eat that sucker with relish
moo

While I am very happy about the verdict and it is what I expected (like pretty much everyone here I think), I am still left wondering what really happened.

I don't think Chad has the guts (because I'm not allowed to name the body part I really mean) to actually kill anyone. I remain convinced Alex did all the "wet work."

I am not completely convinced there was an actual plan in the sense that there was an agreement to commit a crime. But I do think both Chad and Lori manipulated Alex and each other toward making thing happen that paved the way for them. Is manipulation an agreement as the conspiracy statute requires? I don't know.

I'm not arguing the verdict is wrong or that they are innocent. I would just love to know what actually happened. While this crew took some precautions against leaving evidence, they simply were not that good at it. So the lack of anything truly incriminating bothers me. Yes, there is plenty of evidence of an affair and of fantasizing about people dying but very little of any actual planning beyond Alex.

Again, I'm very happy with the verdict and am hoping he gets the death penalty. But I am disappointed that we will likely never know what really happened.

I am researching what it takes to move to Idaho and volunteer for the firing squad...but alas, I will probably be dead before Chad is executed. But if it is soon, I hope Larry and Kay get the bullet casings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3