GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior actually said, if CD "suffocated Tammy, that is NOT atrocious"?! Seriously?! That is the best he can come up with?!

Personally, when a spouse kills the other spouse, for insurance money, that is absolutely atrocious!!! No matter what the method is!
If CD was the only person who ever killed his wife for insurance, I would agree. Unfortunately, he is not the first, not the last. Unfortunately, there's been so many cases, I don't feel outrage at the atrocities, but more sick and tired of the mundane greed.

JMO

Such a tough and devastating demand being placed on these jurors.
I agree and disagree as well. If I thought Chad himself duct-taped JJ's hands to his side then duct-taped a plastic bag over his head, it would not be difficult for me to sentence him to death. But I think Alex did that part. That does not mean I think Chad should get off easy.

I think if I were on this jury I would be voting for LWOP.

I suspect the fact that their deliberation is taking a while boils down to one or a few jurors weighing the same factors regarding Chad's physical involvement.

Ultimately I think Chad will live longer and have an easier time on death row and that probably plays a role in my leaning toward LWOP.

ETA: That same reasoning makes me think they will reach a verdict soon. If I were a holdout either way it would not be hard to convince me to switch.

I think the jury takes their duty seriously. I also think they have created a bond over the past 8 weeks. I am sure they all know what their vote is but I think they may have dinner together and get some sleep and then vote really early tomorrow, announce their decision and go home.

I'm ok with LWOP. I think it will be a lot harder for him, less appeals, worse conditions. I don't think he physically murdered any of the 3, i think he's too soft and chicken to do it, that Alex did. I want to see his kids (I don't think ALL are supporting him at this point, Def. E and G) call him out and write him off. I want him to live a lonely scared life in prison. i think he WANTS solitary, solo cell, so he can write and do whatever all day. LWOP he'll have to work, fight, and NOT be in charge. JMO
I am totally with you on this, not because of my opposition to the death penalty, but for the very reasons you state perfectly. Thank you.

I listened carefully to the jury instructions as we do not have the death penalty in Canada. Such a tough and devastating demand being placed on these jurors.

The rules in Idaho regarding victim impact statements (if I understand these correctly) prevent families from speaking directly to the perpetrator? We have similar rules in Canada, but they are not always consistently complied with. The defendant is now convicted - so many of the protections given to an "accused" are gone. I think there is something helpful to permit a victim to face the perpetrator (if they choose) and say "You have caused this. You have wrought this pain. You took someone I love for selfish reasons. You have been held responsible by a jury of your peers - now, be accountable." Just my thoughts.
I am from Canada as well. But I think things vary by state in the USA.

I watched the victim impact statements in the Michelle Troconis trial today (in Jennifer Dulos murder/disappearance) taking place in Connecticut and the victim impact statements definitely allowed the victims to directly address the recently convicted....and they did!

They spoke directly to the convicted and told them how they felt and spoke to the bench saying what sentence they hoped for. Unfortunately the judge gave a sentence that was well short of what they and the prosecution hoped for.

I’m sure he learned a few things these past weeks and knows exactly what he should’ve done differently.

Tammy’s family is amazing. And Colby—my heart breaks for him. He really has lost everyone.

I wish so much Tammy’s kids would have stepped up.
They *did* step up: for their mother’s murderer. The mind-control Chad has inflicted on them throughout their lives to manifest in this way is just cruel.

???

Deliberations clock still ticking on CourtTV

4 hrs 41 mins
I saw someone’s comment on X after Kaitlyn Hart’s tweet that they asked some people to move - the comment said Judge was having closed meeting with the jury. I don’t know what it meant. Watching Nate now talking to Kaitlyn and hoping for more info

They *did* step up: for their mother’s murderer. The mind-control Chad has inflicted on them throughout their lives to manifest in this way is just cruel.
I understand that Tammy and Chad's children might want to deny that their father killed their mother. I can understand that for the first year or so, they were in denial. BUT, we are now five years down the road and there is a lot of evidence out there. I think they should stand with their mother. They are adults. I am no longer giving them any slack.

My father left my mother for another woman. (Yes, a common story.) My mother had breast cancer at the time. This made it particularly egregious in my mind (as a 20 year old). But my mother always told us we needed our father and she wouldn't talk terribly about him. So we continued our relationship with him. My mother died a few years later. I never felt the same about my father, despite the fact that he was good to his children while we were growing up. We had a wonderful loving family upbringing...until we didn't. While I didn't disown him, if anything came up I would have defended my mother, the one who focused on her family life the most. While I generally supported my father when he was elderly, I never looked at him the same as when I was an admiring teen. I saw his selfishness. Of course my father never murdered my mother!!

I wonder if Chad's children never had that period where they could process loss and therefore they clung onto their father.

ETA: In case it's not clear, I am through giving Tammy's children so much slack. They are adults. They have had 4 years since the childrens' bodies were discovered to digest this information. They abandoned their mother and now they need to give her the love she deserved. They need to stand up for her.

Last edited:
"It has taken nearly five years to get to this point. The children, JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, were assumed to be killed in the fall of 2019. It was almost one year ago exactly that their mother, Lori Vallow, was sentenced to life in prison for the same crime of murder."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member