TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am thinking about this more, I just find it so sad that there was nobody in either Chad or Lori's life that thought what they were doing and saying was off. If anyone told me that they had visions of their spouse dying or if they started rating people on a dark and light scale or talking about zombies taking over someone, I'd like to think I'd say something.. do something.. I mean I just do not understand how everyone seemed to be under some spell.

I have heard people say they feel evil spirits, they feel down or fearful.. maybe they worry for their own safety, have anxiety about flying or driving, etc. I think that would be fairly normal to hear someone say they just feel a sense of doom or something.. I assume depression or anxiety cause people to feel like something bad might happen to them or a loved one. This is so far off from that and I just can't believe nobody was concerned for Tammy or at least telling Lori and/or Chad they are full of it. Seems many in their lives just fueled this path they were on. I am not saying others are responsible for what ultimately happened, but where are their friends and family to stand up and say you need help.
Charles Vallow spoke up. One wonders if he ever confronted Lori, or just the cops.

A little off topic but I just realized that if Brian Kohlburger is successful in having his trial moved, one location mentioned as a preference is Eva, Idaho where this trial is being held. With the poor video and audio plus the weird courtroom setup please don’t let that happen or, at least, allow Court TV or Law and Crime network to handle live streaming.

Consider LDS culture, in which a certain amount of visionary experience is not considered odd. How many jury members are Church members; do we know?
I don't know if that is public information. Eastern Idaho is dominated by Mormons, but I think the makeup of Adah County is far more diverse. I read a statistic somewhere that said Adah Co. is less than 25% LDS when someone brought this up.

The potential juror who was notable because she saw her BIL almost burn to death stated that the brother was in a hospital in Salt Lake City. This event occurred 30 years ago. Now I didn't hear everything else she said but when I heard that I thought she may actually be from Utah, which means there's a significant chance she's LDS. I don't think she ended up being chosen though.
Charles Vallow spoke up. One wonders if he ever confronted Lori, or just the cops.
Pretty sure he did. I think they had arguments over the phone, at least. Charles talks about this in the bodycam footage when he tries to make a police report.

A little off topic but I just realized that if Brian Kohlburger is successful in having his trial moved, one location mentioned as a preference is Eva, Idaho where this trial is being held. With the poor video and audio plus the weird courtroom setup please don’t let that happen or, at least, allow Court TV or Law and Crime network to handle live streaming.
Eva, ID? This trial is being held in Boise, ID. In ADA county.

Last edited:
And the raccoon story he texted his wife.. wasn't it a raccoon or was it a ground hog or maybe a chipmunk.. I can't remember.. but the wild animal he claims to have buried on the property the same day as the kids were buried there?? I do think there can be coincidences, but this is unlikely that he killed and buried an animal the same day children were also unbeknownst to him buried on his property.
"raccoon" was euphemism/code for Tylee.

Anyone remember a time when Chad Daybell told people that he was looking forward to telling his side of the story and clearing things up? I seem to remember something like this happening, and if memory serves it would have been after Lori was arrested in Hawaii, but before the children were found and he was arrested. And I also seem to remember he may have said this either to or through Christopher Parrett, one of his closest friends and benefactors at the time. But I can't seem to find it, if he did.

I found his first attorney, Sean Bartholick', statement, which is somewhat similar:

“Chad Daybell was a loving husband and has the support of his children in this matter. Lori Daybell is a devoted mother and resents assertions to the contrary. We look forward to addressing the allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor.” (source: Parents of missing Rexburg children issue statement, attorney says they are ‘loving’ and ‘devoted’ - East Idaho News )

There's also these two entries in the timeline thread, which may be related and around the same time frame:

27 Feb 2020 about 2:10 pm (HST) – Chad is seen in the Shared Blessings Thrift Shop on Kauai. A woman named Sharon stops him and talks to him in the parking lot for 2-3 minutes. Chad tells her he is dropping off donations because he's moving back to Idaho "soon" to support Lori. Sharon asks, "Couldn't Lori get out of jail if she just said where the kids are?" Chad responds, "It isn't that easy." Chad tells Sharon he wasn't in court yesterday because of the media "circus" and says the story isn't being reported properly. He specifically says that East Idaho News is wrong. Sharon asks if Chad is still LDS and he says he is. Sharon did not have her phone on her but got a photo of Chad's Jeep after she got to her car. Then Sharon sent the photo and the details of the exchange to Nate Eaton. Nate invites Chad to contact him and set the record straight: “Chad - if you see this and we are indeed getting our stories wrong, please call me. Email me. Message me. I will talk to you and listen to you. Help me clear up any rumors. Let me hear your side and tell the world your thoughts. Because this story isn't going away - and neither are we.” (Nate Eaton, East Idaho News)

27 Feb 2020 – Chad is seen checking in for a flight at a Hawaii airport. Several people with cellphone cameras video him and ask him “Where are the kids, Chad” and “Are you finally leaving Hawaii?” On his way out of HI Chad told ABC News "the kids are safe," but refused to give any more details. His Hawaii neighbors said he told them the same thing. (Inside Edition, ABC News).

(Source: ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 TIMELINE ONLY - *NO DISCUSSION* )

The reason I am looking for it is because if there ever was a time for him to set the record straight it would be now during this trial. You know, when his very life is on the line. Yet, based on the Defense' opening statements, I highly doubt he'll ever take the stand in this trial. He'll call on his own children to take the stand for his defense - exposing them to the grueling and hard questions they may be faced with. But nothing from the opening arguments give me hope that he'll put himself in that seat.

JMO.

I have an opinion about Prior's opening statement bombshell claim that 3-4 of Chad's children are going to testify that Tammy was sick.

It was designed to get the exact reaction it got. It has all of us discussing this announcement as if it were true. But it might not be. If Chad/Prior later changed their minds, we are all left discussing this anticipated testimony as if it has already happened.

It certainly could be that the children believe their father was framed, but it involves a belief system that would not come off as credible to a big-town jury, such as that police were planting evidence. It involves battling accounts of health from the children, who have a reason to lie, and Tammy's coworkers and family, who do not. It involves the children being cross examined about details. For example, one child, I recall, was in a rigorous exercise class with Tammy, and the instructor of that class did testify at Lori's trial, IIRC.

I don't see such testimony "working" in trial, so therefore, I predict that this testimony will never actually happen. I think the defense is just planting this idea in the jury's heads, so that they doubt the testimony of Tammy being well. But I predict that the defense will never actually put up this testimony from the children.

MOO

Anyone remember a time when Chad Daybell told people that he was looking forward to telling his side of the story and clearing things up? I seem to remember something like this happening, and if memory serves it would have been after Lori was arrested in Hawaii, but before the children were found and he was arrested. And I also seem to remember he may have said this either to or through Christopher Parrett, one of his closest friends and benefactors at the time. But I can't seem to find it, if he did.

I found his first attorney, Sean Bartholick', statement, which is somewhat similar:

“Chad Daybell was a loving husband and has the support of his children in this matter. Lori Daybell is a devoted mother and resents assertions to the contrary. We look forward to addressing the allegations once they have moved beyond speculation and rumor.” (source: Parents of missing Rexburg children issue statement, attorney says they are ‘loving’ and ‘devoted’ - East Idaho News )

There's also these two entries in the timeline thread, which may be related and around the same time frame:

27 Feb 2020 about 2:10 pm (HST) – Chad is seen in the Shared Blessings Thrift Shop on Kauai. A woman named Sharon stops him and talks to him in the parking lot for 2-3 minutes. Chad tells her he is dropping off donations because he's moving back to Idaho "soon" to support Lori. Sharon asks, "Couldn't Lori get out of jail if she just said where the kids are?" Chad responds, "It isn't that easy." Chad tells Sharon he wasn't in court yesterday because of the media "circus" and says the story isn't being reported properly. He specifically says that East Idaho News is wrong. Sharon asks if Chad is still LDS and he says he is. Sharon did not have her phone on her but got a photo of Chad's Jeep after she got to her car. Then Sharon sent the photo and the details of the exchange to Nate Eaton. Nate invites Chad to contact him and set the record straight: “Chad - if you see this and we are indeed getting our stories wrong, please call me. Email me. Message me. I will talk to you and listen to you. Help me clear up any rumors. Let me hear your side and tell the world your thoughts. Because this story isn't going away - and neither are we.” (Nate Eaton, East Idaho News)

27 Feb 2020 – Chad is seen checking in for a flight at a Hawaii airport. Several people with cellphone cameras video him and ask him “Where are the kids, Chad” and “Are you finally leaving Hawaii?” On his way out of HI Chad told ABC News "the kids are safe," but refused to give any more details. His Hawaii neighbors said he told them the same thing. (Inside Edition, ABC News).

(Source: ID - Joshua Vallow & Tylee Ryan, Rexburg, Sept 2019 TIMELINE ONLY - *NO DISCUSSION* )

The reason I am looking for it is because if there ever was a time for him to set the record straight it would be now during this trial. You know, when his very life is on the line. Yet, based on the Defense' opening statements, I highly doubt he'll ever take the stand in this trial. He'll call on his own children to take the stand for his defense - exposing them to the grueling and hard questions they may be faced with. But nothing from the opening arguments give me hope that he'll put himself in that seat.

JMO.

I mean obviously the record can't be set straight, because he is guilty. But ever since I saw the Hawaii footage of them walking back to the hotel after the police seized their rental, not saying anything, I have had the same thought as you.

His only possible defence is that he thought the "kids are safe" because LV told him so, and he was duped whereas she was lying. Then Alex framed him by burying the bodies at his place. But he's never told that story. So why should it be taken as a reasonable possibility when it is scarcely believable?

Thursday, April 11th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial set to begin on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 reference post #214 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-11

4/6/24 Update: Judge Steven Boyce sealed a last-minute request that both the prosecution & defense want removed. The contents of the request are unknown, but it comes from an award-winning Idaho trial lawyer who is not tied to either legal team in the case. In Tuesday’s sealing order, Judge Boyce wrote, “Both the State & the Defense have raised concerns about the impropriety of this attempt to intervene-procedurally & substantively.” He wrote that both counsels called for the document to be sealed or struck from the record. A court document shows the request is titled “Motione (sic) to intervene and to contiue (sic) the trial in these procedings (sic).”
4/10/24 Wednesday, Trial Day 1: Jurors were sworn in. Judge Boyce introduced the attorneys for both sides & read the charges in the indictment against Daybell to the jurors & read the jury instructions. Opening statements by Madison County Prosecutor Rob Wood & John Prior.
For more info see posts #266-268, 270-273 (Wood) & 276 & 278 (Prior) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-14
Opening statements by John Prior continued posts #282, 289 & 292 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-15
State witness: Rexburg Det. Ray Hermosillo.
For more info see posts #305, 306 & 310 (page 16) & post #328 (page 17) & posts #344, 345 & 355 here:
[URL unfurl-“false”]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-18[/URL]
Trial continues on Thursday, 4/11/24.

Consider LDS culture, in which a certain amount of visionary experience is not considered odd. How many jury members are Church members; do we know?
I've wondered about that. LDS is prevalent in that area, so some of that may go over better than it would if the trial were held elsewhere.

A 2021 census put Madison Co as the second highest in LDS in the country at 68%. Just a guess, but I'd say there could be a few on the jury anyway.

Does anyone know if religion was a jury question? Or, would a question like that violate the Constitution? All speculation and MOO because I really don't know.

I mean obviously the record can't be set straight, because he is guilty. But ever since I saw the Hawaii footage of them walking back to the hotel after the police seized their rental, not saying anything, I have had the same thought as you.

His only possible defence is that he thought the "kids are safe" because LV told him so, and he was duped whereas she was lying. Then Alex framed him by burying the bodies at his place. But he's never told that story. So why should it be taken as a reasonable possibility when it is scarcely believable?
Prosecution has the cell phone pings, and a lot more, I’m sure, to implicate CD in the disposal process.

I do think there can be coincidences, but this is unlikely that he killed and buried an animal the same day children were also unbeknownst to him buried on his property.
And even MORE highly unlikely that the wild animal remains were nowhere to be found on the property when LE eventually dug it all up! imo

Prosecution has the cell phone pings, and a lot more, I’m sure, to implicate CD in the disposal process.

Something that has never sat right with me, is if Chad has never said that Lori lied to him about where the kids were, and doesn't take the stand, why is Prior allowed to suggest it?

Prior can obviously require the state to prove it's case (burden) but why is he allowed to imply a factual scenario dependent on Chad's personal knowledge, for which there is no evidence?

So I agree they have the evidence but it just irks me that counsel is allowed to create complete fanfic in this way

Does Lori know that Chad is throwing her under the bus? She said at her sentencing that Jesus knew that nobody had been murdered. Well, Chad's defense suggests that she and Alex are murderers. Why would she continue to follow Chad and his teachings? She used to be known for her vengefullness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay