TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is more chilling than that Hawaii video of them refusing to speak about where the kids were.

I actually think that the video of them putting the children's belongings in the storage unit is the creepiest thing I have ever seen. That demonstrates knowledge that the children are permanently gone.

And that they were completely meaningless. Pictures, clothing, quilts...

I actually think that the video of them putting the children's belongings in the storage unit is the creepiest thing I have ever seen. That demonstrates knowledge that the children are permanently gone.

And it was sealed with a pat to Lori's backside. (vomit emoji)

yeah bonkers

one reason i didn’t follow Loris trial so closely is they are so obviously guilty

they ran off to Hawaii and never reported the kids missing. where were the kids according to chad? did he just not notice they had beeen murdered by someone?

he has no defence.

On the same day in early September 2019 Chad upped Tammy's life insurance and googled wind direction.

It is unclear to me though if there's proof he knew that Lori ordered the wedding attire and rings in early October. She did make an earlier ring order in August which didn't go through. JP will try to make it look like she was planning a wedding behind Chad's back.

Chad would now love to be only accused of a conspiracy after the fact (he didn't know the children would be murdered, but he helped cover it up - twice). Unfortunately for him that's not on the table in this trial.

Last edited:
I always personally wondered if they drank their own bathwater on the end of times stuff because this was a conspiracy they were never going to get away with for long. Especially burying the kids on his own property was a very dumb move if he hoped to get away with this.

I always personally wondered if they drank their own bathwater on the end of times stuff because this was a conspiracy they were never going to get away with for long. Especially burying the kids on his own property was a very dumb move if he hoped to get away with this.
Yes, but then I don't think Chad has ever been accused of being a great intellectual (except by himself, no doubt).

I do not think this was posted yet.

April 5, 2024

BOISE — The judge in the trial of Chad Daybell sealed a last-minute request that both the prosecution and defense want removed.

The contents of the request are unknown, but it comes from an award-winning Idaho trial lawyer who is not tied to either legal team in the case.

In Tuesday’s sealing order, Judge Steven Boyce wrote, “Both the State and the Defense have raised concerns about the impropriety of this attempt to intervene-procedurally and substantively.” He wrote that both counsels called for the document to be sealed or struck from the record.
[.....]
A court document shows the request is titled “Motione (sic) to intervene and to contiue (sic) the trial in these procedings (sic).”

According to Lori's cousin Megan's opinion, Lori hadn't been brainwashed by Chad. "She was the influencer... Lori wants what she wants. And she will do whatever to get it." JP will like that argument.

Justin Lum's documentary:
Megan's right- at least I agree with her observation. And I'd have to defer to her if I hadn't, being she was right there, even living with Lori briefly.

But from my observation, this relationship was different. Lori herself believed herself spiritually special. She was tired of converting husbands and wanted a real special spiritual "equal." But in her terrestrial champagne room world, spirits are persistently one of two genders for all eternity, and we know what happens when gender and gender roles are rigid: sexism. Lori deliberately established herself as a female in a special world where patriarchs rule, although females have magical priestess roles, too. At least they can have "spiritual gifts" which does sound like a more interesting role than, say, a woman might rise to in the LDS church most people experience. Those "gifts" sound much more tempting to boast about than "decernment." Lori (and her current sis in law) had already risen about as high as possible in those ranks as females. In Lori's fantasy/cult church women had bigger roles. Not equal roles, yet far more important than street-level LDS female roles. She entered a world where she was on a very superior plane than most spirits, but would still come after Chad in someway. Thus, she needed Chad's protection and help to keep bad spirits from attacking her successfully. Lori sought that out- she wanted a man in that special world.

But the outcome was, she finally was in a relationship where she was not able to ultimately call the shots. I think her relationship with Chad is unique in that way. I think she is guilty as convicted and charged in Idaho and Arizona. Not saying at all that Chad made her do it. But IMO, Chad calls most of the shots in their relationship. In no way did Lori make him do it, either.

Lori threatened to withhold sex when Chad was not murdering fast enough. That influenced him. but ultimately, he had other followers he undoubtedly had been eternally married with. He could have moved on.

Chad threatened Lori with being "unable" to protect her from attacks from bad spirits if she didn't do what he wanted. Lori could not have easily replaced Chad with someone better able to protect her within that fantasy/cult. Who could she marry? Her brother in law, Jesus? With all the powerful evil spirits she believed to be after her, and she believed to be more aggressively after her since she and Chad formed a powerful dyad. Lori was dependent on Chad.

Chad had much more power in that relationship, and it was a new experience for Lori to be the less powerful one. She desired that experience, because it was how she could be in the ultimate terrestrial world.

IMO

Megan's right- at least I agree with her observation. And I'd have to defer to her if I hadn't, being she was right there, even living with Lori briefly.

But from my observation, this relationship was different. Lori herself believed herself spiritually special. She was tired of converting husbands and wanted a real special spiritual "equal." But in her terrestrial champagne room world, spirits are persistently one of two genders for all eternity, and we know what happens when gender and gender roles are rigid: sexism. Lori deliberately established herself as a female in a special world where patriarchs rule, although females have magical priestess roles, too. At least they can have "spiritual gifts" which does sound like a more interesting role than, say, a woman might rise to in the LDS church most people experience. Those "gifts" sound much more tempting to boast about than "decernment." Lori (and her current sis in law) had already risen about as high as possible in those ranks as females. In Lori's fantasy/cult church women had bigger roles. Not equal roles, yet far more important than street-level LDS female roles. She entered a world where she was on a very superior plane than most spirits, but would still come after Chad in someway. Thus, she needed Chad's protection and help to keep bad spirits from attacking her successfully. Lori sought that out- she wanted a man in that special world.

But the outcome was, she finally was in a relationship where she was not able to ultimately call the shots. I think her relationship with Chad is unique in that way. I think she is guilty as convicted and charged in Idaho and Arizona. Not saying at all that Chad made her do it. But IMO, Chad calls most of the shots in their relationship. In no way did Lori make him do it, either.

Lori threatened to withhold sex when Chad was not murdering fast enough. That influenced him. but ultimately, he had other followers he undoubtedly had been eternally married with. He could have moved on.

Chad threatened Lori with being "unable" to protect her from attacks from bad spirits if she didn't do what he wanted. Lori could not have easily replaced Chad with someone better able to protect her within that fantasy/cult. Who could she marry? Her brother in law, Jesus? With all the powerful evil spirits she believed to be after her, and she believed to be more aggressively after her since she and Chad formed a powerful dyad. Lori was dependent on Chad.

Chad had much more power in that relationship, and it was a new experience for Lori to be the less powerful one. She desired that experience, because it was how she could be in the ultimate terrestrial world.

IMO
MG's observation (after waking up from the cult) was that Chad and Lori both manipulated each other, though she also mentioned a glove/hand metaphor, putting Chad in the lead. I think Chad doesn't see women as equals in general, but he made some adjustments for Lori. He put together a list of goals they were meant to accomplish together, making them both leaders of the 144k. Lori embraced this fantasy, though she might have got tired of it with time, especially if/once they were broke (murdering people and taking their money was also a business model). For now she insists on her specialness in public, refusing to be seen as a cold-blooded killer or a crazy person. It is possible that she will never give up her delusion but also that she will use an opportunity to latch onto someone new. She needs to be admired. If Chad got out he would find a gullible partner and forget about Lori. In prison he won't be as popular as Lori. (all IMO)

I can't remember how the co-conspirators were referenced in Lori's trial and I hope someone can remind me. What I mean is... were the jurors told one was deceased and one was in jail facing charges? How much info are attorney's allowed to tell the jurors about the co-conspirators? Did the judge explain (to jurors) they are not to be concerned regarding co-conspirators?

Not that anyone cares but based on the fact I'm following a couple of trials this week I decided to splurge on a local Kentucky small-batch ice cream... Smoky Bourbon Butter Pecan. It's all that and more... brang-the-jury!!

Monday, April 8th:
*Jury Selection continues (Day 6) (for final 18) (@ 10am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County. Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday.
Jury selection Day 1 (4/1/24): 16 to final 50. Day 2 (4/2): 4 to final 50. Day 3 (4/3): 17 to final 50. Day 4 (4/4): 15 to final 50. Day 5 (4/5): 5 to final. Total = 57. [There will be 12 jurors & 6 alternates]
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Lindsey Blake & Rachel Smith & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-4 (4/1-4/4/24) reference post #121 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ow-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-7

4/5/24 Friday, Jury Selection Day 5: Jury selection continues with the rest of yesterday’s potential jurors. The judge says enough jurors have been secured for peremptory challenges. That will happen at 10am Monday. Court is dismissed for the day. We have 57 jurors.
Jury selection continues on Monday, 4/8/24. Prosecution & defense will use peremptory strikes to narrow pool down to 18 jurors (16 for each side).

I do not think this was posted yet.

April 5, 2024

BOISE — The judge in the trial of Chad Daybell sealed a last-minute request that both the prosecution and defense want removed.

The contents of the request are unknown, but it comes from an award-winning Idaho trial lawyer who is not tied to either legal team in the case.

In Tuesday’s sealing order, Judge Steven Boyce wrote, “Both the State and the Defense have raised concerns about the impropriety of this attempt to intervene-procedurally and substantively.” He wrote that both counsels called for the document to be sealed or struck from the record.
[.....]
A court document shows the request is titled “Motione (sic) to intervene and to contiue (sic) the trial in these procedings (sic).”
I wonder what this "Motion to Intervene" is all about? All those spelling mistakes seem very unusual. And the judge sealed this document pretty quickly. Anyone with an idea of what might be happening here?

I can't remember how the co-conspirators were referenced in Lori's trial and I hope someone can remind me. What I mean is... were the jurors told one was deceased and one was in jail facing charges? How much info are attorney's allowed to tell the jurors about the co-conspirators? Did the judge explain (to jurors) they are not to be concerned regarding co-conspirators?

Not that anyone cares but based on the fact I'm following a couple of trials this week I decided to splurge on a local Kentucky small-batch ice cream... Smoky Bourbon Butter Pecan. It's all that and more... brang-the-jury!!

Extra points for “brang the jury!”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member