TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense going after this witness forgetting to tell LE about home depot. (I think he said the interview was 2 days after his death.)

"Were you trying to mislead the officer?" "No I was not."

**I wonder why he's doing that. We know for a fact RH bought light bulbs that day. This witness has absolutely no reason to hide info. I think it's pretty obvious there is nothing nefarious going on with this guy's testimony.

Winston went and he forgot to tell the Det. RH had also didn't tell the Det that he went there. Stoddard said that was too many coincidences to forget (talking about RH forgetting HD and Cooper) Def getting at Winston did same thing and had no reason not to tell, he just forgot. JMHO

People Magazine
Testimony on Justin Ross Harris’ infidelity was ‘painful and infuriating’ to ex, says source http://peoplem.ag/laWkbRn

Isn't she testifying for the defense? Either way, her testimony is going to be very interesting to watch.

jmo

I doubt the testimony came as a huge shock to her. She knew it was coming. IMO

People Magazine
Testimony on Justin Ross Harris’ infidelity was ‘painful and infuriating’ to ex, says source http://peoplem.ag/laWkbRn

Isn't she testifying for the defense? Either way, her testimony is going to be very interesting to watch.

jmo

..good grief, that pic of RH included with the article.

it appears he has a liking for the jail food, not so much for any exercise equipment available to him..

The theater is a “massive” traffic area, Kilgore said, especially at 4:30 p.m.

Nothing remarkable about them leaving early for the movie, given the traffic, Kilgore said. No, Milling replied.

At 3:44 p.m. on the 18th, Harris talking about carpooling for something the next day to a Habitat for Humanity build, making future plans, Kilgore said.

Milling said he never heard Harris talking about living “child free.”

Not meant toward you, JerseyGirl, just jumping off your post. :blushing:
So is this where the 3:45 pm msg of saying going to be late orig from? I have seen on the threads over and over elsewhere too that he msg friends was going to be late at 345 and everyone wondered how he knew then that going to be late and then left at 415. This is 2 totally different things and dates !

And another thing - the more the defense tries to paint him as father of the year, the more I am convinced that JRH craved and needed attention for being a father. Millions of parents drudge day in and day out, thanklessly working jobs and doing their best to raise kids and they do it without making spectacles of themselves or trying to get attention. Millions of parents don't expect to be patted on the back for simply taking their kids to day care, but it seems like JRH made a point to put on a show at the day care center on a regular basis, like an emotional vampire needing to feed. I think it goes to show what kind of person JRH is if he needs attention and constant praise for doing the bare minimum for his own flesh and blood. More and more I am beginning to think that one of the many reasons JRH left Cooper in the car is because he wasn't getting as much attention as he used to, or the attention wasn't enough to keep him faking it anymore.

I doubt the testimony came as a huge shock to her. She knew it was coming. IMO

Do you think she knew more than what was said at the previous hearing? Are the attorneys allowed to tell her information that has yet to come out in court? I don't see RH telling her all these details, so I wonder if some of it was surprising.

..good grief, that pic of RH included with the article.

it appears he has a liking for the jail food, not so much for any exercise equipment available to him..

For a long time people have worried about criminals getting bigger and stronger in jail because facilities are installed with weight rooms, but it seems to have the opposite effect for a lot of people.

Prison food already isn't that great for anyone, but prisoners often get creative with their meals which amounts to smashing together a bunch of junk food and giving it a cute name. It's all filled with simple carbohydrates, unhealthy fats, and it goes straight to the waistline.

And another thing - the more the defense tries to paint him as father of the year, the more I am convinced that JRH craved and needed attention for being a father. Millions of parents drudge day in and day out, thanklessly working jobs and doing their best to raise kids and they do it without making spectacles of themselves or trying to get attention. Millions of parents don't expect to be patted on the back for simply taking their kids to day care, but it seems like JRH made a point to put on a show at the day care center on a regular basis, like an emotional vampire needing to feed. I think it goes to show what kind of person JRH is if he needs attention and constant praise for doing the bare minimum for his own flesh and blood. More and more I am beginning to think that one of the many reasons JRH left Cooper in the car is because he wasn't getting as much attention as he used to, or the attention wasn't enough to keep him faking it anymore.

And don't forget being upset for not getting promoted. He routinely came into work late, apparently left early, sexted all day. Did nothing of real value for his employer. But he was such a special snowflake, he deserved to get promoted while being a terrible employee.

I feel the defense has mostly (aside from today) done a great job.However, the more this goes on, the sillier their devoted family man image gets. I don't think anyone is going to buy that now.
JMO

I am not at malice murder yet, but as the data points mount, it becomes harder to explain away each and every event.

At the end of the trial, I think my gut is going to tell me thst he is guilty of malice murder, but the evidence won't support the beyond a reasonable doubt standard.

If a Juror, the reasonable doubt standard would stand in my way of voting to convict on malice murder. I'm not expecting any surprises from the state that would change my mind. IMO

And don't forget being upset for not getting promoted. He routinely came into work late, apparently left early, sexted all day. Did nothing of real value for his employer. But he was such a special snowflake, he deserved to get promoted while being a terrible employee.

I feel the defense has mostly (aside from today) done a great job.However, the more this goes on, the sillier their devoted family man image gets. I don't think anyone is going to buy that now.
JMO

I do wonder what kind of job he applied for (and didn't get) at Chick-fil-a. I know they are extremely picky about their employees and it shows in their customer service. I think he is exactly the type of employee they try to avoid hiring. They stress going above and beyond and would not tolerate the bare minimum. Some managment type jobs are very competetive because most locals consider it a great company to work for and they treat their employees very well. Several of my students have worked there and gotten scholarships for college through the company.

It is not releveant to the trial but just interesting to me they they would somehow possibly pick up that he was not their "type" in the interview process.

I do wonder what kind of job he applied for (and didn't get) at Chick-fil-a. I know they are extremely picky about their employees and it shows in their customer service. I think he is exactly the type of employee they try to avoid hiring. They stress going above and beyond and would not tolerate the bare minimum. Some managment type jobs are very competetive because most locals consider it a great company to work for and they treat their employees very well. Several of my students have worked there and gotten scholarships for college through the company.

It is not releveant to the trial but just interesting to me they they would somehow possibly pick up that he was not their "type" in the interview process.

They might have called references.

I also find it interesting.

I agree. I really don't understand the State's motivation for misrepresenting so many things. IMO it doesn't even bolster their case; in fact, it has done nothing other than harm it.

However, the jury is likely unaware of what has been previously reported in the media. While the DT will use this against the State, it won't look nearly as bad to an impartial juror as it does to those of us who have been following this case in the media.

It is my opinion that this case is not going to be made by a single piece of evidence. There will not be a smoking gun when it comes to either negligence or intent. However, when the jurors get into the deliberation room I believe the verdict will come down to how they view the totality of the evidence. A majority of the comments made on this forum that have refuted the State's narrative are plausible. However, how plausible is that the all of those coincidences are merely coincidences? At some point, everything taken together becomes overwhelming evidence pointing to JRH murdering his child. It's easy to refute isolated data points, but when everything is viewed together, will the jury be able to say it's reasonable to overlook those same things?

Is it possible to forget Cooper in the time it takes to make the U-turn after leaving CFA?
Is Ross on autopilot because he normally goes back to work when leaving that area although he took Cooper inside CFA, which is outside his norm?
Why didn't Ross call daycare to say that Cooper was going to be late?
How often did Cooper arrive after 9:30? How often was daycare not called when Cooper did not show? [Don't think that either of these two items were addressed in trial.]
Why was Cooper in a car seat where he exceeded the height requirement?
Why were his straps not on the highest setting?
How could Ross not notice Cooper when he returned to the car at lunch?
Why was Ross's memory not jarred when he drove by CFA at lunch?
Why did Ross take a roundabout way to the movie theater?
How could Ross miss Cooper being in the car when he was mere inches from him?
Why was Ross so concerned about his guitar being damaged by the heat when he could not remember his own child?
Was Ross distracted by his sexting?
Did his extramarital affairs have him yearning to be "single" again?
How could Ross not have smelled Cooper?
Why didn't Ross see Cooper when he was on his way to the theater?
Why did Ross tell his friend that he would be late to the movie when he left in plenty of time?

None of these things taken in isolation scream guilt to me, but as the totality of the evidence builds, the State's case becomes more compelling. At the end of the day, Ross isn't guilty or not guilty because he prefers to cook his hamburgers on a gas grill instead of over charcoal. However, the State is arguing that Ross's wants an easier, freer life. The DT shouldn't give them any ammunition or data points. IMO that statement does nothing to help the defense.... I did get a good laugh when I heard it unfold though!

Well, for me I want to hear all the evidence and testimony from both sides. I personally and not going to try to put a puzzle together by what I think could have happened. I am trying to rely just on the testimony presented. So for bunch of stuff that I have read here was so has from testimony not been so. So I do not know what the end of trial will show. I know that the State is presenting evidence that is not full picture on some things. Yeager testimony proved that. As far as any of us answering "why RH didn't know or do any of those things" I can't answer. I do not know honestly and truthfully nor does anyone else. Everyone has a theory, (I don't really) but we again do not have all the evidence yet. Maybe more will be told that will answer some of those questions. We def found out today where the Reddit Child Free came from..

As far as him telling his friends he would be late. Not sure when that happened (was not in the chats as far as I could tell but may have missed refreshing) I am not above being wrong and admitting it. But it is also possible that they were trying to go off of memory. I don't know. But he didn't leave early as I was once lead to believe.

I guess for me, I didn't come into trial with a preconceived guilt or innocence on the charges, so it it different for me. JMHO it really does make a difference. I totally respect your opinion, you know that ;)

Neither do I. Today was huge, IMO. His own friends didn't even know him. It's obvious from ten miles away that JRH pretty much faked through everything, and that everything was just a show for him to be congratulated for performing the bare minimum, and IMO he faked it until he couldn't fake it anymore or the reward for presenting himself as a family man wasn't enough for him to keep faking anymore.

Agreed.

And that text about 'hanging with my family' on Saturday really falls flat, once you have seen what he did the rest of the week.

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
I may have missed it my feed kept buffering, so have to go back over later, but did either the State or Def ask Alex or Winston where RH may have parked other times? As a juror I would be curious

I wanted to know the same thing! Was that spot available since Ross showed up later then normal?

I would want to know because they had that other coworker speaking where he parked. I would want to know if they had ever maybe dropped him at his car or always at the door. I think they did touch on dropping him off but was curious if they knew where he had parked prior. JMHO they may have video of other times.?

I don't know, when it comes to IT, Harris & his co-workers pretty much fit the bill of a typical IT guy, IMO.

People Magazine

jmo

Was going to say the same thing! The Def said IF the State didn't call her that they would. So personally I not sure whose witness she is under a subpoena but she is a witness. Maybe (hopefully) it is meant information that she found out since, not what has been testified in trial. JMHO

Going into this trial, going off of news reports, I wanted this guy to fry. Just listening to the pros case thus far, I really haven't heard enough to convict him of anything beyond endangerment. Or maybe. I've heard a few strong points that are being overshadowed by far too many non points and also the great points the defense has been able to score.
The points that pros has scored for me: 1. close proximity between breakfast and work/daycare. 2. Lunch visit to car, I can't imagine him not seeing or smelling Cooper during this. 3. The time it took for him to pull over "noticing" Cooper. 4. The weird phone call, him Not rushing and staying at Coopers side. 5. Not wanting to drive at lunch. Is this enough to convict??

All the rest, including the minor and all the women seems to overshadow the above. And pros is just focusing on this too much, and it feels sensational. People don't like to feel they are being shown a piece of shocking but irrelevant info meant to be decisive. It feels dishonest. Especially after being told motive isn't necessary, if that's what they're trying to prove.

Unless there's some kind of bombshell that was kept out of opening, I just don't think there's enough to convict. If a jury won't convict Casey Anthony, I'd be surprised if JRH will be.

People Magazine

jmo

The defense better be careful with using her as a witness for them. She might have changed her tune by then. When this case started, she thought she knew her husband and was totally loyal towards him. And maybe the sexting was not that big of a deal to her. But learning he had long term relationships, coming to her home, and him having a boyfriend, and going to see prostittutes. OUCH.

In trying to put myself inside a mind of a man that wants to kill his son, I can't even think how I would go about it. I would hope I would want to do it quickly and efficiently with least amount of pain for my son and finding a way not to get caught and simultaneously drawing the least amount of attention to deed.If I ultimately did choose to go the hot car route I think I would pick a parking spot in the sun away from any busy walking area many workers take as they depart their auto. I definitely don't want to be inside work as one of my co-workers hears my baby's screams and halts my plan. I think I would park toward the back between 2 cars (as they have already entered the building and would be the only 2 drivers that conceivably would walk close to or behind my car. Once I determined the best parking spot, I would want to be not arriving late, relinquished to accept whatever parking is remaining. I definitely wouldn't want to park in a spot out in the open where it's highly likely quite a few co-workers w be walking past my car and possibly interrupt my nefarious plan. But hey, what do I know. Ross and I think nothing alike. At least I have never hooked up w another man while on vacation with my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member