TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And with a flashed thumbs up by Alex, he is done. But not before the State had him say yes, only a few seconds from CFA to the intersection, and one has to get into the left lane immediately after exiting CFA to make the left turn. Even shorter time to forget than reaching the intersection.

Has Alex strung together more than 3 words in a reply? Lol, he comes across like he was on his way to something more pressing and is being held up by all this.

I had to testify in a trial, the lawyer said answer truthfuly, use as few words as possible and do not add anything.....maybe he consulted an attorney.

Afternoon Recap

4:31 p.m.
You’re the one who provided Harris the link to the child free chat, Kilgore said. Yes, Hall said.

Boring is asking Hall more questions.

Hall said he’s not sure if he told detectives about the thread.

Since that time, Hall has chosen not to talk to the state since he was first called to testify by the defense.

4:21 p.m.
The next piece of evidence is another chat from June 16, 2014, where Harris referenced Orange is the New Black again.

On April 28, 2014, they again discuss where to go to lunch. “There’s nothing unusual about that,” Kilgore said. No, Hall responded.

So r/childfree – the Reddit thread – exists, Hall said in the chat later that day.

“You don’t subscribe to that philosophy do you?” Kilgore said. No, Hall said.

Harris wasn't for it, Hall said.

Within 20 seconds of you putting that out on the chat, Harris responded "grossness," Kilgore said.

4:13 p.m.
There was another chat on June 7, 2014, where Harris mentioned Orange is the New Black, a show on Netflix about women in prison.

In another chat, June 12, 2014, there is a photo of burgers on a grill.

“I’m hanging with the lady and my boy Saturday,” Harris wrote just days before Cooper died.

In the chat, Hall teases Ross because he’s using a gas grill instead of charcoal.

“When you have a wife and kids, easy is the way to go,” Harris responded.

4:10 p.m.
Kilgore is now discussing a Google chat from June 4, 2014.

Harris said he might go home early during their discussion about what to do for lunch. Harris said he wasn’t going to do lunch with them because he was planning on going home early.

4:05 p.m.
Kilgore showed Hall a Google chat from March 31, 2014.

Harris was talking about hunting for houses in Acworth and Kennesaw. Hall mentioned that Harris would have a really long commute.

“If you pay my son’s private school, I’d gladly live in Buckhead,” Harris wrote.

“I’d live inside the perimeter if the schools were decent,” he also wrote.

3:57 p.m.
On this particular day, nothing unusual about going to lunch together, picking up Ross, going to Publix or running errands, Kilgore said.

“We’d done all of that several times before,” Hall said.

There was also nothing remarkable about Harris suggesting they go see a movie, Kilgore said. No, Hall responded.

3:52 p.m.
Kilgore is now cross examining Hall.

“He liked to brag about (Cooper),” Hall said. Harris was glowing about his son, he testified.

3:41 p.m.
Hall brought up in their Google chats a Reddit thread about living “child free” on April 28, 2014.

Harris’ response was “grossness.” Hall, who has no children, said he didn’t recall that conversation at all.

3:36 p.m.
Hall said that he typically drove to lunch, although Harris did sometimes too.

Harris had interviewed at Chick-fil-A for a different job, which he talked with Hall about a little bit. Hall said Harris was upset that he didn’t get the job.

Did Harris ever seen stressed out about a project? Boring asked. Hall said he can imagine that Harris was stressed at some point about work but didn’t seem to be in the days leading up to Cooper’s death.

3:30 p.m.
Alex Hall is the prosecution’s next witness.

Hall works at Home Depot and knows Harris from college. They became closer once they both started working at Home Depot.

He is one of the partners that joined Harris is joining a web development consulting business.

“We were pretty much all the way there with the legal stuff,” said Hall when asked about how far along their business was. They already had one firm client and some prospective clients.

Hall said he didn’t see Cooper very often.

2:50 p.m.
The theater is a “massive” traffic area, Kilgore said, especially at 4:30 p.m.

Nothing remarkable about them leaving early for the movie, given the traffic, Kilgore said. No, Milling replied.

At 3:44 p.m. on the 18th, Harris talking about carpooling for something the next day to a Habitat for Humanity build, making future plans, Kilgore said.

Milling said he never heard Harris talking about living “child free.”

2:43 p.m.
Milling forgot to tell a detective that they stopped at Home Depot when he was initially interviewed.

“You just forgot,” Kilgore said. Yes, Milling replied.

Harris took Cooper to a company picnic, showing him off to everyone, Milling said.

2:38 p.m.
“He was behaving in a normal way,” the day of Cooper’s death, Kilgore said. Yes, Milling said.

Harris also seemed normal the two weeks leading up to Cooper’s death, according to Milling.

The day before, June 17, also had a lunch discussion on Google chat. Harris’ friend, Alex, said he could drive but needed to stop at Best Buy.

So it wasn’t unusual for them to run errands. Harris also said that day, come get me, like he did the day of Cooper’s death.

2:31 p.m.
Kilgore is now cross examining Milling.

There was nothing unusual at all about their conversation about where to go to lunch, according to Milling. They had it almost every day.

Harris initially said he might pass on lunch because he wanted to leave early for the movie.

Milling said he didn’t find anything about that remarkable.

2:22 p.m.
After eating at Publix, they went to Home Depot so Harris could pick up some lightbulbs.

They drove Harris back to the office. He asked them to drop him off by his car.

Milling said he never witnessed Harris messaging other women or saw any problems with their marriage.

2:16 p.m.
Harris’ friends bought his ticket for him.

“You guys get good seats,” Harris said in the Google chat.

At 4:09 p.m., Harris said he would be at the movie theater “ASAP.”

“Did anything seem off about the defendant that day?” Boring asked. No, Milling said. Harris didn’t seem stressed or sleep deprived.

When his friends picked Harris up for lunch, he got into the back. They went to Publix.

2:09 p.m.
Milling’s wife was going to go to the movie too.

Harris said he was going to be a few minutes late, according to Milling.

Although spouses were welcome to go to the movie, Harris said in the Google chat that Leanna wouldn’t be going “but I don’t care.”

2:03 p.m.
Boring showed Milling copies of their Google chats in the days leading up to Cooper’s death.

They tried to message Harris from the movie theater that the movie was starting.

On June 17, 2014, there is message in the group chat from Harris, asking his friends if they wanted to go see 22 Jump Street. It was Harris’ idea to go to the movie.

1:57 p.m.
Milling was one of the friends that Harris was planning to go to the movies with on the day Cooper died.

1:53 p.m.
There were a lot of times Harris drove his friends to lunch.

Milling said Cooper’s car seat was visible.

Boring asked if Harris ever had trouble hearing in the car. No, Milling said.

“Did he ever seem stressed out about his job?” Boring said.

“Nothing that sticks out, no,” Milling said.

He did not seem stressed out in the days before Cooper’s death, according to Milling.

1:47 p.m.
Milling said he interacted with Harris’ then-wife, Leanna, about 10 or so times.

“Did they appear to have a normal family relationship?” Boring said.

Yes, Milling said.

They communicated at work through Google Hangouts and went to lunch together almost every day.

1:39 p.m.
The prosecution has called its next witness Winston Milling, a software developer at Home Depot.

Milling said he’s been friends with Harris for years. They met at the University of Alabama where they had the same manager.

They occasionally hung out in the buildings where they studied. He, Harris and another friend all had internships at the Home Depot.

They became closer friends in the last couple of years, after Cooper was born.

http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minu...ross-harris-trial-oct/1NMPfYqiRqeerJmuLpW6xK/

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 37s38 seconds ago
#RossHarris - Jury dismissed. Def says Harris is awaken at 3am in the jail. He's not getting enough sleep. Judge: He can go to bed earlier.

Well there goes "motive"

I don't agree. I do think this is another example of blowback on the State for exaggerating/misrepresenting RH's online searches, and for making them at all central to establishing intent/motive.

They didn't need to bring in the child-free search at all, and given that they interviewed Alex and knew the context (and had access to the chats via phone extraction) imo it was sloppy at best that they did.

But...whether I agree with the narrative or not, today is the first time I've seen the State HAVE a narrative about motive, and it is one that connects a lot of dots, the major one being how to make sense of a loving dad killing his son. Reply-- because when push came to shove, he valued his own life and freedom from Leanna & responsibilities more than he did Cooper.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 37s38 seconds ago
#RossHarris - Jury dismissed. Def says Harris is awaken at 3am in the jail. He's not getting enough sleep. Judge: He can go to bed earlier.

Wow. At least he gets to go to sleep and wake up.

I'm missing something. Why would it take him 20 minutes longer in his own car, to go to the same exact places he went with his friends in their car?

Alex testified that because of traffic flow, parking lots, like that , it takes 20 minutes longer to drive from the Treehouse to where they worked than to drive the reverse direction.

“When you have a wife and kids, easy is the way to go,” Harris responded [to his friend and co-worker].

If I were the DT, I would not have emphasized this quote from Ross. It seems to play into the State's narrative - easy would be no longer having a wife and kids.

Alex testified that because of traffic flow, parking lots, like that , it takes 20 minutes longer to drive from the Treehouse to where they worked than to drive the reverse direction.

And this is mostly true. From the Tree House to HD HQ is all right turns, and it's obviously the opposite when driving from HQ to the Tree House. It's not 20 minutes from the Tree House to HQ or vice versa. However, I think that it would add 20 minutes for Ross to drive to HQ and then back to Publix when compared to driving straight to Publix.

Having a hard time hearing the testimony again. zzzzzzzz

I used ear buds this afternoon and it was flipping night and day! Don't care for them but guess that I will be using. Could actually hear Kilgore today lol

Yep. One search of child free, seconds after Alex gave him the link (which RH likely clicked on, it was right there in their exchange), RH goes there, clicked on 4 posts, then replied to Alex-- "grossness." And never went to the subreddit again.

Major points for the defense.

And the thing is, LEO had these chats, correct?

“When you have a wife and kids, easy is the way to go,” Harris responded [to his friend and co-worker].

If I were the DT, I would not have emphasized this quote from Ross. It seems to play into the State's narrative - easy would be no longer having a wife and kids.

JMHO in the context it was in, I see nothing bad about the comment reply. He was using a gas grill, so Alex was ribbing him about using that (instead of charcoal). If the State took something like THAT and tried to make something off of it, I would call that really reaching on that comment. JMHO

I think one of the reasons the defense keeps asking witnesses if they saw RH acting any differently before or on the 18th, or if he seemed stressed, is counter any narrative of RH having "snapped" enough to be willing or able to kill Cooper.

To believe he killed Cooper and planned ahead of time is to believe RH was capable of acting completely normal and unstressed as he made those plans, than sat all day sexting , all the while knowing his son was out there dying an agonizing death.

A difficult narrative to sell, imo. He'd have to be a sociopath, not just a husband and an employee I'd be more likely to fire than to promote.

JMHO in the context it was in, I see nothing bad about the comment reply. He was using a gas grill, so Alex was ribbing him about using that (instead of charcoal). If the State took something like THAT and tried to make something off of it, I would call that really reaching on that comment. JMHO

Actually, i could hear laughter in the court about the whole gas vs charcoal BBQ thing, including about the "easier" comment.

Appears his friends didn't know about him going to the LAA during the day to see Cooper at times, as the Teachers/Director testified to. None of the co workers testimony was same on going to lunch with RH. JMHO Alex Hall did not want to be there at all.

I think one of the reasons the defense keeps asking witnesses if they saw RH acting any differently before or on the 18th, or if he seemed stressed, is counter any narrative of RH having "snapped" enough to be willing or able to kill Cooper.

To believe he killed Cooper and planned ahead of time is to believe RH was capable of acting completely normal and unstressed as he made those plans, than sat all day sexting , all the while knowing his son was out there dying an agonizing death.

A difficult narrative to sell, imo. He'd have to be a sociopath, not just a husband and an employee I'd be more likely to fire than to promote.

Brandon Miller testified that he was stressed that day. And there were issues about the Sprint project thingy. JMHO it appears to me that RH had many areas of his life that he didn't share with others, not just the sexting stuff. Those he hung out with didn't know about things other witnesses have testified about. JMHO
Still trying to stay open minded.

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought today was a good day for the prosecution.

Everyone now sees, without a doubt, that JRH is a phony who wasn't even honest with his own friends about anything. He's the quintessential trope of the two-faced church going man who has a public face of love and family, but in private he is an opportunistic user who has no conscience (his words, not mine).

Something to think about: he likes and trusts his friends enough to start a business with them, but has never told them about anything about his marriage or his extramarital activities? What kind of friendships are these? I ask this since every friendship I have had has always involved being told very intimate details about their relationships (marriage or even just dating). Yes, those details are embarrassing, troublesome, and sometimes disturbing - but they are shared nonetheless.

The Prosecution is right - nobody really knew JRH at all. To your face he was a loving husband and father of the year - in private, something completely different.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Gchat, Ross says: 06/12/14 - "Hanging with the lady and my boy on Saturday"

Without the photo that went with it, burgers on a grill (propane grill) context just not there lol. Made me thing of tons of FB post on my FB anyways. jmho.

Brandon Miller testified that he was stressed that day. And there were issues about the Sprint project thingy. JMHO it appears to me that RH had many areas of his life that he didn't share with others, not just the sexting stuff. Those he hung out with didn't know about things other witnesses have testified about. JMHO
Still trying to stay open minded.

Missed that about Miller, thanks. :)

I don't think the motive has been taken away that easily. His lifestyle and behavior shows us his possible motive to be free and single.

Neither do I. Today was huge, IMO. His own friends didn't even know him. It's obvious from ten miles away that JRH pretty much faked through everything, and that everything was just a show for him to be congratulated for performing the bare minimum, and IMO he faked it until he couldn't fake it anymore or the reward for presenting himself as a family man wasn't enough for him to keep faking anymore.

I was wondering about trial attendance too. Given the fact this is a high profile case, I'm surprised there is not many in the courtroom. I guess his family may not be supporting him. Jmho

There is a lady that sitting iirc on the Def side has been there few days I have noticed. When camera on her she appears to be watching (as in not taking notes/reporter?) maybe she is public watching. But I was kinda shocked too especially since been going on a while. Surely it on their news. Gosh it would be hard being a jurior not hearing about this as long as it has been yet not much testimony for weeks at time yet. And the length of time expected. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
documentaryh