TRIAL - Ross Harris #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 19s20 seconds ago
Witness 29, Winston Milling, works at Home Depot main building as a software developer. #RossHarris #HotCarDeath

I am so frustrated that I cannot listen right now. Winston is one of JRH's buddies. IMO this is where the State's case could get extremely interesting. I think that those closest to Ross have the largest chance to (unknowingly) introduce incriminating evidence.

Witness became better friends with RH after Cooper was born. He wanted to start a business with RH. About 6 months before Cooper's death. There were other people involved with planning the start-up as well.

His stress was self induced. I think RH may possibly be a sex addict. His work was suffering, his home life was suffering, however he continued to sexually text & have affairs. Personally I feel his life was unraveling.

Witness met Leanna and Cooper around 10 times in the months leading up to Cooper's death.

It is part of the 'double life' scenario. The defense has been trying to paint the picture of a devoted, loving family man, who came to the day care, dressed like a tool, and brought food to the workers, etc.

The State is trying to counter that by showing he had an ongoing secret relationship with a man, was sexting with a 15 yr old, brought a woman to his home for sex, and went to see paid sex workers ----ALL together it paints a picture of a sex obsessed person who was distracted by his desires.

Thank you. I think I'm having an extended, day-long senior moment today. :D

I'm reaching the conclusion it might have been worse than RH "just" ignoring him by the time he reached the intersection. It sounds possible RH was so caught up with thinking about impending consequences at work, and with his indignation and resentment of Leanna that morning (and for the prior 2 weeks) that after he put Cooper in the carseat , he put Cooper out of his mind altogether.

That's not a forgetting if so, imo, but a demonstration of reckless disregard that meets the standard of criminal negligence, especially since he continued with that disregard by being so caught up in sexting that day it never occurred to him that anything was wrong.

YEP.

And it is a fine line between 'forgetting' and ' a reckless disregard' ----it seems the jury will have to define the difference between the two.

RH used Google hangouts to communicate with witness. Google+ account

Any working links, my news channel is not working anymore

No problem, no need to agree. :). I'm just aware from being the age of a geriatric and having encountered a very wide variety of folks with very different life experiences that some folks are extremely adept at compartmentalizing, and capable of not connecting the two.

In real life I agree, that children are inevitably hurt to whatever degree by one parent hurting the other, no matter what kind of harm. I just don't feel comfortable judging a parent's love for his child when by all accounts he adored Cooper, AND he treated Leanna horribly with his unfaithfulness.

bbm

Respectfully...it was by all accounts that he presented to others. IMO, it's clear that he did not love Cooper more than himself.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
Witness 28, Brandon Moore, manager of operations for http://homedepot.com

Witness sat near Ross at work. Never hung out w/Ross outside of work.

#RossHarris - Moorer went to lunch several times with Harris. Says Harris was partially deaf in one ear but no problem chatting in car.

Which ear is RH deaf in? If he can hear in car conversations with passengers, then it might be his left ear that has little or no hearing. Anyone know? Thanks

According to the PH, Milling went to Lunch with Harris on the day of Cooper's death.

I'm reaching the conclusion it might have been worse than RH "just" ignoring him by the time he reached the intersection. It sounds possible RH was so caught up with thinking about impending consequences at work, and with his indignation and resentment of Leanna that morning (and for the prior 2 weeks) that after he put Cooper in the carseat , he put Cooper out of his mind altogether.

That's not a forgetting if so, imo, but a demonstration of reckless disregard that meets the standard of criminal negligence, especially since he continued with that disregard by being so caught up in sexting that day it never occurred to him that anything was wrong.

This has been my working theory for quite a while. The trial has not changed that, but there is still quite a bit of evidence left. At the very least, I have not seen any evidence to rule out this theory.

Not about sympathizing with RH, but it sounds like he was under a huge amount of stress, at home and at work, over the 2 weeks leading into Cooper's death. And it sounds like he dealt with it by trying to avoid it altogether, to "escape" from it, not even trying to face up to any of it, but instead , by diving deeper into his online world.

Imo what was also very much on his mind that morning, from 9-9:24 at least, was active resentment towards LEANNA.
Not sure how you think RH was angry @ Leanne. Could you expound on that thought? I may have missed it but I don't recall info reporting that.

SO that day, it was either RH or his friend (not the witness) who would drive them to lunch. The witness had a two seater truck so he didn't drive them to lunch.

Milling said Harris was a loving father and showed off his son. He said he noticed Cooper had gone through a growth spurt shortly before his death. Milling said he never heard Harris talk about being unhappy at work.

They communicated at work through Google Hangouts and went to lunch together almost every day.

RH didn't seem to have a hard time hearing when he was driving with passengers in the car.

Not sure how you think RH was angry @ Leanne. Could you expound on that thought? I may have missed it but I don't recall info reporting that.

It's my inference, from what we do know. Leanna saying in May the thought of more children was on hold. Her return home 2 weeks before Cooper died. RH no longer sending her pics of Cooper arriving at daycare. His recklessness with the minor increasing over those 2 weeks. And, that morning, what he texted, about Leanna not allowing him to go play, which he returned to even after his correspondent tried to take the conversation elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay