Trial - Ross Harris #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting next witness- in the holding cell/area with Ross on the night he was arrested. Testified he didn't seem sad at all and made small talk with the other occupants of the cell/area

Also sold his story to national enquirer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson says Harris didn't appear to be sad, they sat and talked for about 2-3 hours

There is a reason that the short drive time does not convince me that he did this on purpose.

The thing about "forgetting" is that it happens in a second. One second the thought is in your mind, the next second its not. Unless something triggers you to think back to what you forget, it stays forgotten. Kind of like a light switch- on or off... not a dimmer switch.

This makes the drive time irrelevant. If the drive was 20 minutes, its still the same. There would be a moment in time during a 20 minute drive in which his mind "forgets" that he hadn't dropped Cooper off yet. In a 20-minute drive, the moment of forgetting could occur one minute into the drive, or fifteen - it wouldn't matter.

Normallly I'd agree, except that I think this was murder made to look like an accident. And I don't think a toddler- I had one- falls asleep in a two-minute drive. It'd take at least 20 min. for my daughter.

Interesting next witness- in the holding cell/area with Ross on the night he was arrested. Testified he didn't seem sad at all and made small talk with the other occupants of the cell/area

Also sold his story to national enquirer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how smart this is for the prosecution. I'm interested to see the defense cross.

I wonder how much money he got?!!

showing video of the interaction with the witness.

RH has his arm over the chair, and very casual body language. IMO

I apologize for quoting myself, but I have given this more thought. Here is what I think is the most plausible scenario:

JRH pulled out of CFA
Around 60 seconds later he is stopped by the light at the intersection (it's a somewhat long light so he could be waiting 2-3 minutes)
He pulls out his phone and texts
Light turns green and JRH proceeds to office

He may have texted while in the car but not while driving.

Before this case started, I suspected that Ross was so distracted by his phone/electronic habits that he neglected to remember Cooper. While I have moments where I believe that there was actual intent to leave Cooper in the car, I am still not convinced of that, especially not when using the legal standard. I have always maintained that it is practically impossible to drive through that intersection without seeing THD Corporate HQ complex and that stopping at that light would make it impossible. However, if Ross was preoccupied by his phone, he would have been looking down and would have been completely unaware of his surroundings. IMO texting at the light would make prevent him from seeing the HQ, thereby triggering his memory that Cooper was behind him. It also explains the 5-6 minute trip time from CFA to the TH. Without catching that light, it would be hard for that trip to last more than 3 minutes.

Easily less than 60 seconds, especially is you are talking about where the turn lane begins. It could very reasonably be 30 seconds to be in the turn lane. Add 15-30 seconds to reach the actual intersection.

And that's accurate. It blows my mind how quickly Ross would have forgot.

Is it known - with certainty- what time RH walked out of CFA? One minute between text and work parking lot, but how much time between walking out of CFA and the text, if any?

Him selling his story would bother me more if he claimed JRH said something incriminating. jmo

Normallly I'd agree, except that I think this was murder made to look like an accident. And I don't think a toddler- I had one- falls asleep in a two-minute drive. It'd take at least 20 min. for my daughter.

Heck, even less than that. According to a witness yesterday - Alex something - Ross had to get into the left lane as soon as he turned out of CFA in order to turn left at the intersection to get to daycare. So I guess we're talking about what, 15 seconds between kissing Cooper and reaching the end of the CFA driveway?

I think the state would have had an easier time if they just tried to prove that he was so distracted by his phone, texting, sexting, sexual relationships with other women, etc, that he neglected to take proper care of Cooper.

But see, that's if you think it was manslaughter (accidental). I don't.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏
In the video #Rossharris appears to be looking around, stretching and talking to people around him.
DA shows video of #RossHarris in intake area of jail after arrest - says he's acting "laid back".

Harris walks into the holding room and sits down in the front row. He put his arm on the back of the chair next to him in what appears to be a laid back manner. There is no audio.

Wilson said the National Enquirer paid him $2,000 for his story.

The defense pointed out that Wilson did not graduate from college. Wilson said he dropped out and started a business.

I'm not sure why it would matter if the witness called him Justin. He already established he doesn't know him except from that night.

I'm not sure why it would matter if the witness called him Justin. He already established he doesn't know him except from that night.

I think his name is Justin Ross Harris and maybe that is why. ;)

Toxicologists' likely confirm no drugs of any kind in Cooper's system. State's intent to show he wasn't doped and therefore suffered.

I think it also shows he didn't doze off from cold medication and was likely awake when Ross walked into work.

Well he did research "how to survive prison", didn't he?

I think his name is Justin Ross Harris and maybe that is why. ;)

I know that, but the defense seemed like they were trying to make a compelling point that he didn't know RH. That had already been established by the prosecution, lol.

Court recesses for the evening, will resume tomorrow @8:30 a.m.

The defense asked Wilson if he remembers where Harris was when Wilson left the room.

“You just left, he didn’t know you. You have no idea how broken he sounded on that phone talking to his brother, do you?” the attorney said. “You don’t know Ross, right?”

No, Wilson said.

Wilson said he heard about Harris on Facebook while scrolling through his newsfeed but did not follow the news of his case closely.

Wilson said he does not know Harris personally and doesn’t know how he handles stress or trauma.

In the holding room, the women sit on the left and the men sit on the right. There was a group of women laughing, which Wilson said he remembers seeing on the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668