Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone else who is an "expert" on child car deaths? Does anyone know who decided David Diamond was a expert on this? Are any of his articles peer reviewed? Have there been studies behind his claims?

**I'm asking because I'm not finding much information on the internet.

Here's his cv: http://psychology.usf.edu/faculty/data/ddiamond_cv.pdf

His Forgotten Baby Syndrome theory is explained in his cv. He's pretty impressive and AFAIK, currently the only goto guy for the defense in hot car death cases. I'm not aware of any studies but of course there may be some out there. Another doctor, James Reason proposed "The Swiss Cheese Model" back in 1990. It mostly has to do with medical and safety errors but I believe he's testified in at least one hot car death. Diamond is the current favorite of defense lawyers though.

grr accidently got on a link that was showing prior (started with ME Jackson) then realized not witness that was shown here as first after lunch. Caught the tail end of Sanders. Hmm so looks like State didn't include all the parking lot cameras in their evidence? Is this correct? Looks like lots of video/ note taking this evening lol.

He is going to have a case for malicious prosecution if he gets found not guilty

But how long is it between leaving CFA and then hitting the exit, where he needs to decide which way to turn? [ to the office or to the Daycare]

His friend Alex testified yesterday that RH would have had to pull out of the CFA and immediately get in the left lane if he wanted to make a left at the intersection- meaning, really, that whatever happened to his memory, it basically had to have happened before he left/while he was leaving the CFA lot.

Is there anyone else who is an "expert" on child car deaths? Does anyone know who decided David Diamond was a expert on this? Are any of his articles peer reviewed? Have there been studies behind his claims?

**I'm asking because I'm not finding much information on the internet.

I'm quite sure Dr. D. will answer all the questions you are curious about when he testifies. :)

Here's his cv: http://psychology.usf.edu/faculty/data/ddiamond_cv.pdf

His Forgotten Baby Syndrome theory is explained in his cv. He's pretty impressive and AFAIK, currently the only goto guy for the defense in hot car death cases. I'm not aware of any studies but of course there may be some out there. Another doctor, James Reason proposed "The Swiss Cheese Model" back in 1990. It mostly has to do with medical and safety errors but I believe he's testified in at least one hot car death. Diamond is the current favorite of defense lawyers though.

Thanks!

This trial is the first I've heard of him.

They might be even more able to recognize the problems associated with it.
A little OT

Wow you are SO right about that! All the 6th graders at my daughters school text one another, about their entire lives... They send pic of themselves at sporting events, at home with their pets, at playgrounds, the library, even grocery stores. And it IS a different culture now.

One day while purusing through my kids phone (LOL!),
I came across a pic of her in our pool that she texted to a boy. (just a head shot, in the water, but still)...These things can be tricky, I wanted to address it sensitively. The convo went like this:

"What on earth were you thinking sending a bikini pic to a boy!" :tantrum:

OMG Mom! He's not "a boy". He's a friend, from school".

"And it's not a *bikini pic*. It's a *pool selfie*

:thinking:

LOL! Yup, It's a different culture now. Gotta keep up!

While CFA and the Tree House are close, one minute would be a bit short. However, if you are talking timestamps, I believe the drive could be done in 1 minute, 59 seconds if Ross didn't catch the light. I would estimate the drive to be 2-3 minutes (meaning two full minutes and change). While I think that 1 minute, 59 seconds is possible, I also think that it is a bit unlikely.

I apologize for quoting myself, but I have given this more thought. Here is what I think is the most plausible scenario:

JRH pulled out of CFA
Around 60 seconds later he is stopped by the light at the intersection (it's a somewhat long light so he could be waiting 2-3 minutes)
He pulls out his phone and texts
Light turns green and JRH proceeds to office

He may have texted while in the car but not while driving.

Before this case started, I suspected that Ross was so distracted by his phone/electronic habits that he neglected to remember Cooper. While I have moments where I believe that there was actual intent to leave Cooper in the car, I am still not convinced of that, especially not when using the legal standard. I have always maintained that it is practically impossible to drive through that intersection without seeing THD Corporate HQ complex and that stopping at that light would make it impossible. However, if Ross was preoccupied by his phone, he would have been looking down and would have been completely unaware of his surroundings. IMO texting at the light would prevent him from seeing the HQ, thereby triggering his memory that Cooper was behind him. It also explains the 5-6 minute trip time from CFA to the TH. Without catching that light, it would be hard for that drive to last more than 3 minutes.

But how long is it between leaving CFA and then hitting the exit, where he needs to decide which way to turn? [ to the office or to the Daycare]

Easily less than 60 seconds, especially is you are talking about where the turn lane begins. It could very reasonably be 30 seconds to be in the turn lane. Add 15-30 seconds to reach the actual intersection.

His friend Alex testified yesterday that RH would have had to pull out of the CFA and immediately get in the left lane if he wanted to make a left at the intersection- meaning, really, that whatever happened to his memory, it basically had to have happened before he left/while he was leaving the CFA lot.

And that's accurate. It blows my mind how quickly Ross would have forgotten Cooper.

State calls Larry Lewellen, who works at the GBI's state crime lab, to the stand.

Lewellen says he did not find any evidence of drugs in Cooper's blood.

Nbcnews.com This is absolutely heartbreaking. Cooper may have been saved if RH saw him @lunchtime. I'm cannot believe he did'not see Cooper as he put the light bulbs in the suv.

My theory is that the lightbulbs were an excuse to check on him, as I believe he did want to kill him, and since Cooper wasn't dead yet, he couldn't "discover" him until after work. Just haven't figured out why he set up the meet at the movies excuse.

Toxicology guy just stepped down. Very quick witness. Basically, just established Cooper had no drugs in his system. (Larry something, not sure of last name.)

Testimony at 3:00 before the break (sorry, got caught up in work):

The defense attorney asked about Sanders testifying to the authenticity of videos that his team provided to law enforcement.

“You have no reason to question their authenticity?” the attorney asked. No, Sanders said.

He also asked about emails that Sanders would have nothing to do with.

You have zero to do with this right?” the prosecutor said. Sanders said no. Prosecutor Boring objected to the emails being entered into court.

“This is not the witness” to review these files, Boring said but the judge overruled his objection.

Sanders’ boss sent an email to lead Det. Stoddard with the results of an investigation by corporate security. Sanders, however, said he doesn’t believe the investigation was conducted by his department.

“It talks about user browser history,” he said. “We don’t do that.”

Sanders said his boss may have been a facilitator.

Sanders’ corporate security group responds to emergency issues. They were asked to investigate – searching Harris’ emails for key words.

Boring again objected, saying Sanders doesn’t have anything to do with.

This time the judge sustained the objected and the jury won’t be allowed to see the emails right now.

Boring is cross examining Sanders.

Nothing was blocking Harris’ view of his car when he put the lightbulbs inside, Boring said. No, Sanders said.

Boring brought up the defense pointing out people walking by Harris’ car.

Did you ever see anybody else opening the door, putting anything in the car, leaning by the car, Boring said. No, Sanders said.

“At lunch, Mr. Harris didn’t get into his car,” the defense said.

Toxicology guy just stepped down. Very quick witness. Basically, just established Cooper had no drugs in his system. (Larry something, not sure of last name.)

The prosecution has called Larry Lewellen, who has been an employee at the state forensics lab for 35 years. He works in toxicology.

Lewellen is an expert in forensics toxicology – testing for the presence or absence of drugs.

He tested Cooper’s heart blood. It was tested for opiates, benzodiazepines, cocaine and other drugs. They found no evidence of drugs.

We can’t say we found the presence of any drug, common drug sold over the counter or other type of blood, Lewellen said.

State calls Larry Lewellen, who works at the GBI's state crime lab, to the stand.

Toxicologists' likely confirm no drugs of any kind in Cooper's system. State's intent to show he wasn't doped and therefore suffered.

Wild About Trial ‏
Witness 35, Kasey Wilson, Crime lab scientist and forensic toxicologist.

No alcohol found in system.

I've been reading but not posting very much, as I find myself to be much too biased to form an objective opinion.
To me it's impossible to fathom that RH forgot his son.
I believe this was premeditated.
MOO

The prosecution has called Larry Lewellen, who has been an employee at the state forensics lab for 35 years. He works in toxicology.

Lewellen is an expert in forensics toxicology – testing for the presence or absence of drugs.

He tested Cooper’s heart blood. It was tested for opiates, benzodiazepines, cocaine and other drugs. They found no evidence of drugs.

We can’t say we found the presence of any drug, common drug sold over the counter or other type of blood, Lewellen said.

Thank you, this is much more thorough summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro