Trial - Ross Harris #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.Oh, but there is as evidenced by posters like yourself who seem to think (if I'm characterizing your opinion correctly) that Ross didn't intentionally leave Cooper in the car.
I, on the other hand think that not only did Ross do it to be another Scott Peterson, but also for the Life Insurance. I think he did alot of planning to stage it like an accident. The clincher for me is using the too small car seat when they had just bought a larger one that was the correct size.

No, I'm open to believing there isn't reasonable doubt RH murdered Cooper, but still have plenty of that doubt. And no, you miss the point about the net of GA's law thrown over RH.

In GA it is possible to be convicted of felony murder even if (this case aside) if a parent had no intent at all to harm. I have a problem with that, this case aside. .

Just a reminder. Any witness can be called by the Defense or even recalled by the State. Even multiple times. Seen it done with the State recalling, as they get to that portion of their case, they recall a witness for that. Saw many times in the Arron Lewis murder trial of Beverly Carter. What is odd to me, is they had the Lead Det on the stand at beginning, and recalled him through out States case. To flow if you will with testimony. In this case in chief, Lead Det Stoddard has been referenced multiple times as well as Det Murphy. Yet so far they have not had them on the stand. JMHO I can see few possible reasons for that. And think Stoddard will have to be up next or pretty soon. JMHO

LOL Especially after trial when Judge asked State if they were on pace,and Boring said yes but that anticipated it slowing down pretty soon, Judge, I can imagine.

Jmho from watching trials on live stream and in person.

I suppose they could call him again. It just seems like they wouldn't how Cooper died to be the major thing they were left thinking about. I would think they'd want to leave questions in their mind. But that's obviously JMO.

I figured Stoddard would be one of the last on the stand, strategically. I am very interested in his testimony, as we all are I'm sure!

More information will be coming out about RH's financial problems. Paying for his "extracurricular" activities was not inexpensive. Remember the prosecution is building the case brick by brick, to use an anology. There is much more info to come that goes to motive in this case. What is the opinon of others as whether or not RH will testify?

I don't think the defense will have him testify.

More information will be coming out about RH's financial problems. Paying for his "extracurricular" activities was not inexpensive. Remember the prosecution is building the case brick by brick, to use an anology. There is much more info to come that goes to motive in this case. What is the opinon of others as whether or not RH will testify?

I don't think Ross will testify. He must know he doesn't look too good to the jurors.. Well, I don't think he does :crazy:

I've watched orange is the new black- Doing a search for how to survive in prison would have nothing to do with that show IMO and makes no sense at all. I suspect Ross enjoyed the graphic sexual aspect of that show- MY opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you and I've also watched that show. For something that is so *obviously* fiction to cause one to "research" surviving prison is not very believeable. It would make more sense if he had watched something like "Making a Murderer" and was thinking about Steve Avery. imo

For those interested in sleuthing ...

Here are the times of texts RH exchanged with one online gal (X) that AM.

8:55:19. RH to X. (Before entering CFA at 9AM).

9:12:54. X to RH.

9:15:15 . RH to X.

9:15:33. RH to X. "We both need escapes."

9:18:09. X to RH.

9:24:15. RH to X.
9:24:23. RH to X.
9:24:28. RH to X.

Enters Treehouse parking lot at 9:25 (plus change?)

When did RH put Cooper in his carseat, and where must he have been to send those last 3 texts?

A discrepancy of 60 seconds perhaps on all the surveillance. and that is why he was sitting in the car for a little bit (33seconds) before he got out of the car as he was doing these texts at 9:24?

I assume it has not been entered into evidence what the text said yet?

Thanks for the timeline

IIRC it's right next to him on his right side between passenger side and drivers.

In my Tuscon the drink holder was in the middle of the two seats. In front of a small console. (Basically, between the console and the shifter.) There was also a drink holder on the bottom of the door.

Thank you both, just wanted to be sure.

When I have a hot drink in the car - and that's often, cold climes - I lean in for the drink when I get out. I secure my bag, open the door, out, then lean in for the drink. Always.

Although I know, I just asked my DH what he does. Interestingly, he said he wouldn't risk spillage on his briefcase (he also has an over-shoulder bag), whereas I was more concerned about spillage on me. :rolleyes: Leaning in would ensure RH saw Cooper, wouldn't it. Just thinking.

BBM - I don't think there is any way he will take the stand. I'm sure his DT will advise against it. Remember they had to move the trial because SO many potential jurors were convinced he was guilty? He is not a sympathetic figure.

Ex: Today one of the trial reporters tweeted a photo of Ross with hands over his face and said he was sobbing as the medical examiner testified. Most of the tweets were asking if he saw any "real" tears.

On the other hand, he does seem to have a talent for lying and for fooling friends and family... so there is that.

HD video

9:25:17. RH's car is visible, he's on the lot, heading near where he will park (so, well into the parking lot relative to entering the lot).

9:25:39. RH has pulled into his space, the car has just come to a stop.

9:25:56. RH opens the car door, wide enough to be visibly doing so some hundreds of feet away. (17 seconds, not 33, after coming to a stop).

9:26:12. RH actually steps out of the car.

(As an aside, the ACJ likely counted from his door opening, not his stepping out).

Thank you both, just wanted to be sure.

When I have a hot drink in the car - and that's often, cold climes - I lean in for the drink when I get out. I secure my bag, open the door, out, then lean in for the drink. Always.

Although I know, I just asked my DH what he does. Interestingly, he said he wouldn't risk spillage on his briefcase (he also has an over-shoulder bag), whereas I was more concerned about spillage on me. :rolleyes: Leaning in would ensure RH saw Cooper, wouldn't it. Just thinking.

Personally? I think he knew Cooper was in the seat. Coopers car seat was in eyesight and I believe his head was too. Ross is pretty tall, hard not see Cooper, plus he backed into the parking space, would most likely had to turn around to look (didn't have a backup camera) ;)

Testimony with Redmon

The prosecutor points to a still image of Harris at the counter with Cooper. In the frame, he is shaking hands with the witness, across the counter, while holding Cooper in his left arm.

She asks whether the time stamp, which reads 9:18 a.m., is accurate. He confirms.

Iirc.. The time stamp would be accurate. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the entire video was 18 minutes off .. those two things are not mutually exclusive are they not?

HD video

9:25:17. RH's car is visible, he's on the lot, heading near where he will park (so, well into the parking lot relative to entering the lot).

9:25:56. RH opens the car door, wide enough to be visibly doing so some hundreds of feet away. (17 seconds, not 33, after coming to a stop).

From my understanding it was 33 seconds from stop until he got out of car.

HD video

9:26:12. RH actually steps out of the car.

(As an aside, the ACJ likely counted from his door opening, not his stepping out).

Just my guess, he opened the door because it gets hot in the car, meanwhile he is doing whatever.

HD video

bbm
This is what I saw and heard in the testimony.

Personally? I think he knew Cooper was in the seat. Coopers car seat was in eyesight and I believe his head was too. Ross is pretty tall, hard not see Cooper, plus he backed into the parking space, would most likely had to turn around to look (didn't have a backup camera) ;)

Not exactly. He drove past the open parking spot, backed up and then pulled into the parking spot.

I don't think there was ever a danger of RH "falling through the sympathy for a grieving parent net." I'm very sure there was and still is a more real danger of RH being trapped for decades in prison, even if it was an accident by that State net of "we're going to put you away no matter what."

That's a thought, no argument here. However, the law on felony murder is still clear: even in the case of "oops! I totally didn't mean for someone to die!" If someone dies during your commission of a felony it's still felony murder. This, not a case of DA out to convict people randomly, it's a case of don't commit felonies during which people could possibly die.

Overall. But the breakdown of those 33 seconds matters. 17 seconds after parking, RH opens his front door wide enough to be seen across the parking lot AND KEEPS THE DOOR OPEN for the next 15-16 seconds before he closes the door and walks away.

Meaning, anyone remotely nearby could hear Cooper if he was awake and talking.

That's a thought, no argument here. However, the law on felony murder is still clear: even in the case of "oops! I totally didn't mean for someone to die!" If someone dies during your commission of a felony it's still felony murder. This, not a case of DA out to convict people randomly, it's a case of don't commit felonies during which people could possibly die.

Right! It's not like they have nothing on this guy.

For example, in Georgia if you are just the getaway driver in a bank robbery and your partner shoots and kills a bank guard you can be charged with felony murder. If you do an armed robbery on someone and they die of a heart attack during your assault you can be charged with felony murder. If you are opposed to this, please explain why, thanks.

Overall. But the breakdown of those 33 seconds matters. 17 seconds after parking, RH opens his front door wide enough to be seen across the parking lot AND KEEPS THE DOOR OPEN for the next 15-16 seconds before he closes the door and walks away.

Meaning, anyone remotely nearby could hear Cooper if he was awake and talking.

Wait right here Coop, daddy will be right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668