Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brani: A car can be complicated because there are multiple materials that absorb and retain heat differently. Some colors absorb more heat than others. Some materials retain heat more than others.

Who is the female CCPD personnel that Rodriguez was speaking of?

UH OH.. another car seat put in lol

This is kinda messed up.
Drove from hope, parked went in CF, then drove to HD parking lot and not at 822am. Was parked at what 927?

Defense argues that Cooper's body would have added heat to the car. Brani says it's true that if there is an object that is hotter than the internal temperature of the car it would act as a heat source. "In theory, the temperature may be a little warmer where that body was."

Defense says there's no way to know if the starting temperature in the heat test was the same as the actual starting temperature on June 18, 2014

Defense says there's no way to know if the starting temperature in the heat test was the same as the actual starting temperature on June 18, 2014.

The car seat used for testing was not Cooper’s. It was a similar one.

UH OH.. another car seat put in lol

This is kinda messed up.
Drove from hope, parked went in CF, then drove to HD parking lot and not at 822am. Was parked at what 927?

For the thermal testing, does it matter what car seat was used, since the temp of the martial wasn't part of the test? I would think they could put any rear car seat in there to test the temp of the area surrounding it.

Defense argues that Cooper's body would have added heat to the car. Brani says it's true that if there is an object that is hotter than the internal temperature of the car it would act as a heat source. "In theory, the temperature may be a little warmer where that body was."

Defense says there's no way to know if the starting temperature in the heat test was the same as the actual starting temperature on June 18, 2014

I wonder when Cooper's boy would have been hotter than the internal temp of the car. Hopefully there will be testimony about that, because the car should be far hotter than his body. I would think. Obviously I'm no expert, lol. But it doesn't make sense (to me) for Cooper to be hotter than a car interior. I thought the body temp as the heat rises, not the other way around. hmmm.

If Cooper could be hotter than interior temps, good point by the defense.

Defense doing a good job punching holes in this guys analysis. However, this witness is stoic and unflappable and is coming across very well.

I live here in Cobb and never leave my windows cracked. I do roll my drivers side window down immediately upon getting in the afternoon to let a little of the hot air out while the a/c cools.

And Carlos has a good point, one I was just thinking of while listening. I don't use my a/c in the summer in the morning so I find it unusual that they ran the a/c before doing the tests.

I live here in Cobb and never leave my windows cracked. I do roll my drivers side window down immediately upon getting in the afternoon to let a little of the hot air out while the a/c cools.

And Carlos has a good point, one I was just thinking of while listening. I don't use my a/c in the summer in the morning so I find it unusual that they ran the a/c before doing the tests.

I think they used the A/C, because RH did.

I can't see RH not using the air, to be honest. He seemed like he needed to be...comfortable. That's JMO.

Testimony:

Defense says there's no way to know if the starting temperature in the heat test was the same as the actual starting temperature on June 18, 2014. Brani says he began his test an hour earlier than Harris actually parked his car so possible discrepancies in A/C temperature should even out.

Whatever is happening before 11:30 a.m., it’s not affecting what is happening in the afternoon time.

“You have no idea if Mr. Harris was actually running his air conditioning on the morning of June 18,” the defense attorney asked. That was the setting in the car, Brani said.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
#RossHarris - Heat expert: Def trying to show there is no way to know if heat test is accurate to exact conditions in/out of car that day.

Heat expert testimony. State wants to show it's likely Cooper was alive when Harris went to car at lunch = intent.

Brani says temp inside Harris car about 30 mins before he got in and left work that day was 125 degrees.

I'm not sure why DT's dwelling on this level of questioning. Right now, the DT is inferring it was cooler, for longer. As a juror I would be inclined to think Cooper would be aware he was alone for a longer of amount of time, more distressed, therefore logical it took longer for him to die.

kitkat2409: State: Records show the highest temp reached in Harris' car on day Cooper died was 92 degrees. #fox5atl #RossHarris #HotCarDeath

Hard time believing that :thinking:

I agree with you. I can't listen to the testimony right now, but didn't they say the temperature was over 100 in the afternoon?

View attachment 103339

This is from the Autopsy Report :thinking:

100% this.

I mean inside the car. I know it gets HOT here and humid. Just seems gets hot in cars. Even with cloth seats.

Thank you for posting this. I had these exact same thoughts. Cooper absolutely would have been a heat source.

Were the car doors opened at any point during the recreation?

ETA - Am I imagining that there has already been testimony that Cooper was dead before lunch? I thought that his advanced stage of rigor mortis combined with lividity showed his TOD before noon.

Testimony:

If the AC was not on at all, you may have temperatures more equal to the outside at 80 degrees. Temperatures may have been a little higher in the morning in that case but it wouldn’t have an impact on the afternoon temperatures, Brani said.

I agree with you. I can't listen to the testimony right now, but didn't they say the temperature was over 100 in the afternoon?

100% this.

Thank you for posting this. I had these exact same thoughts. Cooper absolutely would have been a heat source.

Would he have been? He said IF the body or object was HOTTER than the internal heat source. The car heats up faster than the body, that's what raises the body temp. Isn't he saying for Cooper to add to the heat, his temps would have to be higher than the car's temp? Or am I interpreting his statement wrong?

The weather service archives and MSM articles from that time both state the high as 92 degrees. They aren't lying. (I was surprised too that it wasn't hotter than that, but that's what records say.)

Defense has done a good job for me in discounting all of the heat data as now saying there was a 6 degree drift even within a couple of hours... 82 vs 88? I'm surprised.

That said, not sure that this makes much difference as to Coopers death and how it would impact jury decision on charges.

Even the suggestion that Cooper may have been alive at lunchtime will haunt me forever.

Testimony:

There were three trees that provided shade in the morning for the SUV.

Brani found two discrepancies in his data because of some technological issues.

It took until 11:30 a.m. for the temperatures inside the car and outside to catch up to each other.

Brani’s testing did not take humidity or body heat into account, the defense said. So there is no accounting for the heat index, which is related to how humans feel the heat. Brani said he couldn’t speak to that because his testing didn’t involve that.

100% this.

Were the car doors opened at point during the recreation?

ETA - Am I imagining that there has already been testimony that Cooper was dead before lunch? I thought that his advanced stage of rigor mortis combined with lividity showed his TOD before noon.

IIRC, It was Stoddard who said Cooper was likely dead before noon. The ME testified yesterday that it was likely that Cooper may have been alive @noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~